Latest News Article

[1.6.4] Mystcraft (0.10.11)

mystcraft dimension terrain corruption ssp smp weather

• Please log in to reply
12108 replies to this topic

Keybounce

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

View PostArkenor, on 23 April 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

Worth knowing for when the bug reports about it raining golems start coming in.

Just tell people that if it's raining red golems that turn the ground they walk on into inert destroyer blocks, then they should not have turned on the grey goo instability :-).

(Seriously, though, I'm hoping grey goo can turn into a form of instability. It fits so well, just needs some balancing tweaks. Right now, either the goo would be inert, or it would have already spread too quickly by the time you found it and would actually be worse than white decay.)
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

Register or log in to remove.

MCSid_indahouse

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

How do I stop people on my server from regenerating old ages. I have deleted the age in the world_myst folder and deleted the descriptive book. Is there anything else I can do to stop linking books from regenerating them.
Posted Image

Keybounce

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostMCSid_indahouse, on 24 April 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

How do I stop people on my server from regenerating old ages. I have deleted the age in the world_myst folder and deleted the descriptive book. Is there anything else I can do to stop linking books from regenerating them.

An age is defined by the agedata_number.dat file in the "data" directory. If that is present, then Mystcraft will try to use it.

To disable an age, you need to delete it as well as the world's region files.

I do not know what happens if you try to reuse a book to a now deleted age.
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3389 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostKeybounce, on 24 April 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

I do not know what happens if you try to reuse a book to a now deleted age.

Client is kicked from the server.
Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

MCSid_indahouse

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

thanks found the data files in the world folder
Posted Image

Phoenix_the_II

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

Mystcraft 0.10.300 crashes with forge 674 (or 667+) whenever I get close to a library

Spoiler:

Novocastrian

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

Hey fellas I seem to be having a problem with Mystcraft ages with a modded 1.5.1 minecraft client (through MultiMC 4.3.0 (build 76))

Full crash report:
Spoiler:

End of the crash report (I think this is where minecract is needing of a new set of pants to wear:
Spoiler:

I am not very code-literate, what does it mean by a ticking entity? It only seems to kick me when there are loads of hostile mobs near the age's spawn.

Edited by Dettefin, 25 April 2013 - 12:16 AM.

DismalAmoeba
  • Minecraft: ConstantNexus
  • Xbox:Yeah...No.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Mystcraft crashes when I open that one book that says opened in creative mode.

Spoiler:

The end of the MultiMC console report:

Spoiler:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Hey, guys. Quote me if you want me to respond. Otherwise I'll have no idea what the hell you want with me.
Friend Code: 1263-6258-8121 (Poison)
Friend Safaris: Poison: Swalot, Whirlipede, Seviper.

Arkenor
    Arkenor

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

@Dettefin You have a load of ID conflicts between Ars Magica and Thermal Expansion. Probably not related to your crash, but you should look at that.

Keybounce

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

View PostPhoenix_the_II, on 24 April 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

Mystcraft 0.10.300 crashes with forge 674 (or 667+) whenever I get close to a library

Entity Name: item.item.myst.page
Entity's Exact location: 0,00, 0,00, 0,00
Entity's Momentum: -0,04, 0,20, -0,02

Name: LinkbookLectern // com.xcompwiz.mystcraft.tileentity.TileEntityLectern
Block type: ID #1277 (tile.myst.lectern // com.xcompwiz.mystcraft.block.BlockLectern)
Block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000

According to this, the library has the page at (0, 0, 0) -- that's not just the origin, that's at the bottom of the world at the origin.

Can you post the entire forge log, not just the crash log?

Also: Is this FTB Ultimate?

Keybounce

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:29 AM

View PostDismalAmoeba, on 25 April 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

Mystcraft crashes when I open that one book that says opened in creative mode.

-- Chunk to be generated --
Details:
Position hash: 0
Generator: RandomLevelSource
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72798_a(World.java:409)
at noppes.npcs.events.CraftbenchEvent.invoke(CraftbenchEvent.java:18)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_69_CraftbenchEvent_invoke_PlayerInteractEvent.invoke(.dynamic)

Again: Forge log, it really helps.

What is the "noppes.npcs" mod? And, you are having some sort of crafting event.

XCW has run into this with other mods -- the book binder conflicts with bad assumptions that some other mods make.
You said that this happens when you open a book -- I don't know how that works internally, but it looks like something thinks you brought up some type of crafting table interface.

This should be reported at the mantis bug tracker.

VermillionTwilight
  • Minecraft: VermillionX

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

I would suggest additional "visual" symbols for ages, such as biome shading, stone shading, Foliage color and water color. Shouldn't be too hard as texture packs can do this and the default textures also rely on biome shading for grass and stone color (you'll notice that smooth stone in slightly green in jungle biomes).
It would be awesome to have blue grass and leaves in a permanent night world or red/orange shaded stone, grass and water in an eternal sunset world, such as a recreation of Gehn's 233rd Age.

Also, a Stone Surface symbol that replaces all dirt and grass blocks on an age with smooth stone (without ores sticking up) for ages like Riven (more stone than grass).
Posted Image

KaosC57
    KaosC57

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Minecraft: KaosC57

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostPhoenix_the_II, on 24 April 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

Spoiler:

My server has ran into that issue but we know what is causing it. the latest 1.5.1 Forge is not happy with Rendering Bookstands and Lecterns. We have tried the Latest forge and the Reccomended forge. XComp? any feedback/thoughts?
Posted Image

Arkenor
    Arkenor

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostKaosC57, on 25 April 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

My server has ran into that issue but we know what is causing it. the latest 1.5.1 Forge is not happy with Rendering Bookstands and Lecterns. We have tried the Latest forge and the Reccomended forge. XComp? any feedback/thoughts?

It'd be worth narrowing down which Forge started causing that. When you say you've tried the latest Forge, is that 674?

Give 664 a go. http://files.minecraftforge.net/

Michael7123
  • Minecraft: Michael7123

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostArkenor, on 25 April 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

It'd be worth narrowing down which Forge started causing that. When you say you've tried the latest Forge, is that 674?

Give 664 a go. http://files.minecraftforge.net/

I'm on the same server as he is. We want to update to 1.5.1, with all our mods intact. Thaumcraft (and a few other mods) require the current version of forge.

Posted Image

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3389 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostMichael7123, on 26 April 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

I'm on the same server as he is. We want to update to 1.5.1, with all our mods intact. Thaumcraft (and a few other mods) require the current version of forge.

I see no indication that Thaumcraft requires a forge after 644.  There's a difference between "current Forge" and "latest Forge."
Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Michael7123
  • Minecraft: Michael7123

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostDraco18s, on 26 April 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

I see no indication that Thaumcraft requires a forge after 644.  There's a difference between "current Forge" and "latest Forge."

Like I said, it was more than thaumcraft (it might not have been thaumcraft at all actually, I'm not the admin).

Posted Image

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3389 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostMichael7123, on 26 April 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

Like I said, it was more than thaumcraft (it might not have been thaumcraft at all actually, I'm not the admin).

In which case, you know jack and all about the problem and have no real authority to complain.  The server admin is the one who should be posting here, not you, although it's not likely to change anything.

The issue with Forge post 644 is known, but I doubt XCW is going to release a bugfix version.

POM_Fenris
  • Minecraft: POM_Fenris

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

Hi, I'm having a crash with Mystcraft in the FTB DireWolf20 pack. When I try to open a descriptive book it crashes my game with this report: http://pastebin.com/P6Sdx2GY. The worlds previously worked, when I first made them, but trying to return to them gives me that crash. I have already posted on the FTB forums too, but I imagine I can;t be the only one that's had this crash so someone here may be able to help me. Something about empty strings, but not being a coder I don;t have a clue what it means. Thanks for any help / a fix!
Posted Image

ZaverSLO
    ZaverSLO

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Whenever I a player joins server this error is written in console:

Spoiler: