• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Java Runtime Environment 1.5.0 ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

tylerkraz

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:07 AM

I just downloaded minecraft on my Windows 7 computer and when I double clicked on its execution,   it said that I needed Java runtime environment 1.5.0.     My question is,   once I download Java,  does the computer automatically know to run Java when I double click on minecraft.   Or do I need to run Java then click on Minecraft.   Sorry,   quite new at this and a little confused.    THANKS.

Register or log in to remove.

Flubbz
    Flubbz

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Minecraft: Flubbz, mosley939

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:10 AM

You probably don't have java installed at all if it said that. Go here to get Java 7.

cavetrekkr
  • Minecraft: cavetrekkr

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:12 AM

once you get and install Java, Minecraft knows how to find and use it.

However, 1.5.0 is an outdated version. 1.6.0_30 is the current (stable) version. Java 7 is newer, but might be buggy.
What is this thing you call logic?
...Oh, but I threw that away last week...

tylerkraz

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

Thanks !   I will try it and keep my fingers crossed.

endlessdemo

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

View PostFlubbz, on 04 January 2012 - 02:10 AM, said:

You probably don't have java installed at all if it said that. Go here to get Java 7.
Actually, you do need to install the old version for minecraft, it is specific. java in more recent or older versons than 1.5.0 will not help. i play mc and already have java before i played so i know this to be true since i got same message. in some cases there will be a bit of trouble finding a site that lets you download old java software, sometimes you wont. i hope this was helpful.

Kelts44
    Kelts44

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

I'm having a problem similar to this. I have owned Minecraft for over a year and I got bored of it, so I decided to see what was so great about RuneScape (which I have discovered is absolutely sh*t) I needed Java, which I thought I had but there was an update, so I updated. Then, to my disappointment, it said I already had it. RuneScape didn't recognise this and was obviously wrong. I chose to delete Java and reinstall, but then it automatically closed,  and now I can't access Minecraft. I tried reinstalling it, and it still says I already have it,  but there is not proof of this in my files. Yes, I can see hidden files. I have Windows 7 on this computer and I use Google Chrome as my web browser if that helps too.

Please respond!
Posted Image

starlinvf
    starlinvf

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3169 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

Use the manual installer

http://java.com/en/d...ad/manual.jsp <-- JRE7
http://java.com/en/d.....ual_v6.jsp<-- JRE6