Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can't find my server ip


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1

tree3three

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

:(I just made a server and I can't find the Ip for it anywhere. :(  CAN ANYONE HELP?

I know i can get on m server with the local host thing but I still want the Ip

Wait i think i have figured it out
[url="http://www.dungeonrealms.net"][img]http://www.dungeonrealms.net/images/dungeonrealmssig.png[/img][/url]

Register or log in to remove.

#2

sev07knight
  • Location: No Whereeee
  • Minecraft: sev07knight

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

Google, Wiki, and Youtube are your friends in this kind of question,
Posted Image

#3

tree3three

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

View Postsev07knight, on 03 January 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

Google, Wiki, and Youtube are your friends in this kind of question,
I still can't find anywhere where it says how to get the ip
[url="http://www.dungeonrealms.net"][img]http://www.dungeonrealms.net/images/dungeonrealmssig.png[/img][/url]

#4

InfectedShadow

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

View Posttree3three, on 03 January 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

I still can't find anywhere where it says how to get the ip
Are you hosting the server on your computer?
Posted Image

#5

tree3three

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

View PostInfectedShadow, on 03 January 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

Are you hosting the server on your computer?
Yes i am
[url="http://www.dungeonrealms.net"][img]http://www.dungeonrealms.net/images/dungeonrealmssig.png[/img][/url]

#6

InfectedShadow

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

View Posttree3three, on 03 January 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

Yes i am
Step 1: Go to http://www.google.com
Step 2: in that search box looking thing type the following in:

what is my ip

Step 3: Press the "Search" button
Step 4: Click any of the first three results

Congratulations, you just learned how to use Google...
Posted Image

#7

tree3three

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

View PostInfectedShadow, on 03 January 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

Step 1: Go to http://www.google.com
Step 2: in that search box looking thing type the following in:

what is my ip

Step 3: Press the "Search" button
Step 4: Click any of the first three results

Congratulations, you just learned how to use Google...
Still isn't working. Posted Image
[url="http://www.dungeonrealms.net"][img]http://www.dungeonrealms.net/images/dungeonrealmssig.png[/img][/url]

#8

InfectedShadow

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

View Posttree3three, on 03 January 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

Still isn't working. :P
I'd imagine so. Since you didn't know how to find your own IP, I doubt you know that to access the server using your external IP address you need to open the ports on the router.
Posted Image

#9

tree3three

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

View PostInfectedShadow, on 03 January 2012 - 08:16 AM, said:

I'd imagine so. Since you didn't know how to find your own IP, I doubt you know that to access the server using your external IP address you need to open the ports on the router.
I know how to get onto my server I only want to know the Ip so i can tell it to my friends
[url="http://www.dungeonrealms.net"][img]http://www.dungeonrealms.net/images/dungeonrealmssig.png[/img][/url]

#10

InfectedShadow

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

View Posttree3three, on 03 January 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

I know how to get onto my server I only want to know the Ip so i can tell it to my friends
http://www.whatismyip.com/ Since you need it spelled out then
Posted Image

#11

tharglet
    tharglet

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 929 posts
  • Minecraft: tharglet

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

Assuming you're hosting from home, Google is magic.

Remember to forward the port for Minecraft if you've got a router.

View PostInfectedShadow, on 03 January 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

http://www.whatismyip.com/ Since you need it spelled out then
I prefer just usin' google directly these days rather than visiting that site.... last time I checked it had wayyy too much advertising on it.
Posted Image
Here there be dragons. Please click to help it grow :) (If it's in fog, it's unwell and not in need of clicks)

#12

haloharry97
  • Minecraft: haloharry97

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

View Posttree3three, on 03 January 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

:(I just made a server and I can't find the Ip for it anywhere. :(  CAN ANYONE HELP?

I know i can get on m server with the local host thing but I still want the Ip

Wait i think i have figured it out
the wot one is ipchicken.com

#13

Firespar
    Firespar

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 211 posts
  • Minecraft: LimitsofLife

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

If you haven't port forwarded yet, try this... :25565

R.I.P. Jim Carroll

He was my friend and he died, died!


#14

InfectedShadow

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

View Posttharglet, on 03 January 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

I prefer just usin' google directly these days rather than visiting that site.... last time I checked it had wayyy too much advertising on it.
He's already proved to me, after the step by step process of how to search google to find one of those sites, that he was incapable of using google. I think typing "my ip" into google would be much too complicated for him.
Posted Image

#15

Herobigman 1
  • Location: Pineapple under the sea...
  • Minecraft: brcarpy95

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:36 AM

View Posttree3three, on 03 January 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

:(I just made a server and I can't find the Ip for it anywhere. :(  CAN ANYONE HELP?

I know i can get on m server with the local host thing but I still want the Ip

Wait i think i have figured it out
If you are using windows go to the menu bar and click on run. If you are using windows 7 just go to the searchbar at the bottom and type in 'cmd'. Once you have done that you will have this black screen with a few words her and there. Don't worry just type in 'ipconfig' once you have done that it gives a ton of numbers on the right and words on the left. Find the one that says Ip address, it is somewhere there or PvP if you have a laptop. It should look like a decent amount of numbers with periods ex. 192.145.2.132 <-- This is seriously not my ip. Go run the minecraft server and it should work, with that ip address.
    thanks for reading brcarpy95
You know who Syndicate is? Wanna go check out his server? Then go to Multicube! Multicube is a server that includes all fun minigames like Minecraft Colony Wars, Minecraft Zombie Escape and more!

This is in fact Syndicates Server.

#16

InfectedShadow

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:42 AM

View PostHerobigman 1, on 06 January 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

If you are using windows go to the menu bar and click on run. If you are using windows 7 just go to the searchbar at the bottom and type in 'cmd'. Once you have done that you will have this black screen with a few words her and there. Don't worry just type in 'ipconfig' once you have done that it gives a ton of numbers on the right and words on the left. Find the one that says Ip address, it is somewhere there or PvP if you have a laptop. It should look like a decent amount of numbers with periods ex. 192.145.2.132 <-- This is seriously not my ip. Go run the minecraft server and it should work, with that ip address.
    thanks for reading brcarpy95
the IP shown by ipconfig is only the ip address of your machine on the local network. OP was looking for his public IP.
Posted Image

#17

abclek213

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

i cant find it in server.properties it says serverip=

#18

DesertedxEagle

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

google what is my ip, put that number in the "ip-address=" slot in 'server.properties' next time you open the server program it should say "starting mine craft server on 'what ever your ip is':25565"

#19

greenjava823

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

Is the "ip-address=" the same as the "server-ip=" or do we have to add it?

#20

SlyFoxxx
    SlyFoxxx

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

if u can start ur server then look at the thingy here.......
that shpuld giv u a brief idea

wtf cant post pics