Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 855 posts
  • Minecraft: xChet / xChetV2

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:28 AM

I am wondering how to. When I go to my server, I get

Failed to connect to the server

Connection refused: connect

Is the server off or did I not set it up right?

Register or log in to remove.

ToastedButterfly
  • Minecraft: ToastedButterfly

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:31 AM

You must put the .exe into a folder, then click the .exe which it should then open up the console window which may take a bit to load the necessary files, but then you should be good to go.

BigRyano
    BigRyano

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 855 posts
  • Minecraft: xChet / xChetV2

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

I opened it up and put it into a folder, and the server is still down. Is the server IP my own computer IP plus my port, :25565? I am not experienced at setting up Minecraft servers, sorry.

ToastedButterfly
  • Minecraft: ToastedButterfly

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:36 AM

First step is that I hope you have port forwarded. If you haven't, watch a YouTube video on how to. Then where you type in the ip in your minecraft window, type localhost then connect. Then you should be good to go.

cammie827

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:40 AM

PM me, and I can help you forward your port, it can take awhile if it is your first time.

Posted Image

chloeyork

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

how do  u turn it on it says unknown host  for me and i don't know what to do

WOOHOO4562

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

type cmd.exe into your start search bar and then left click it and a black screen should be there now type in "ipconfig" and then find the ipv4 address use that address as the minecraft server address and make sure you have the minecraft server.exe running or else you wont be able to get in the world and if you dont have the minecraft server.exe then download it from minecraft by clicking the download button below the download now or buy now sign i hope this helps you

Mjallux
    Mjallux

Carpenter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Minecraft: Jalmar

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

First try to connect to localhost. ip: 127.0.0.1. If you're trying to run the server externally or make it public, you have these options: Port forward port 25565 to your ip, hamachi or uPnP port mapping.

Str8tUpSkillz
  • Minecraft: Str8tUpSkillz

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostMjallux, on 04 September 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

First try to connect to localhost. ip: 127.0.0.1. If you're trying to run the server externally or make it public, you have these options: Port forward port 25565 to your ip, hamachi or uPnP port mapping.
I will not atempt to help port forward as i suck at it, but another option the Mjallux didn't mention is paying a server host. I would only do this you are serious about creating a public server for more than you and a couple friends, as this option can get pricey fast.

zaphodx
    zaphodx

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

You don't seem to know enough to try to help you.

I recommend this step-by-step guide:
http://www.planetmin...necraft-server/
Posted Image