Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostJeffrey94, on 28 August 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

This thread needs a necromancer.

Anyway, dat Hearthfire:
http://www.uesp.net/...yrim:Hearthfire

Discuss.
Called it, everyone ignored me.

View PostBlueMaus, on 03 August 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

Beth recently trademarked the name "Hearthfire" right after asking their developers to think of something they want in the game and mod it in.

Resulting video:

*cough*newdlc*cough*

Posted Image
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings. Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair.

Register or log in to remove.

Sutinen
    Sutinen

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1168 posts
  • Minecraft: Sutinen

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostHomem Pigman, on 28 July 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

I was thinking, how the fuck does lockpicking work in this game? Considering real locks look like this:

Posted Image
How exactly does it work? Honesly curious, I'd be happy to know if there exists a type of lock I don't know about Posted Image

(if anyone is wondering, this got into my interest while I was trying to learn how to pick locks. Sue me)
Skyrim lockpicking is not possible. As you know, you have to turn the lock at the same time you unlock the pins. We unlocked our friends lock with copper wire at school :D
Posted Image

Gheart
    Gheart

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2830 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

I will be getting Hearthfire. No reason not to at the price. The resources will come in handy for mods I'm sure.

Homem Pigman

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

Speaking of Heathfire...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Chapatrap
  • Minecraft: Chapatrap

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

I like the look of Hearthfire. It's a nice little add-on. I'll probably get it. My only problem with it is the adopting children. Why can't your Husband/Wife look after them? Why do you have to look after them? The building a house thing looks pretty cool. Yeah, so Hearthfire looks good.
I just picked up Skyrim a few hours ago and went to Riften for the lolz. I had to kill some old bitch being mean to the kiddies. I pulled out my great sword and chopped the old bitches head off. The kiddies were all like 'YAY' and I was like 'Shut up, you little brats or you'll alert the guard. I looted her and she had nothing of interest.
I actually looked up some fun ways to kill her and went to the last save outside of the orphanage. You can kill her with Telekinisis and a Sweet Roll. That was fun. Another time I killed a guard and they chased me into  the orphanage, where the old woman was killed in the cross fire. God, that is one of my favourite saves now.
Join the RPGuild. Be a lad. Do it for me and for your western freedoms. Lub u all.

Gheart
    Gheart

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2830 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Quite glad they decided to make combat be put on the back burner. I also like the add-on for it adds more to roleplaying as well.

finland25
  • Minecraft: finland25

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostHomem Pigman, on 28 July 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

I was thinking, how the ­ does lockpicking work in this game? Considering real locks look like this:

Posted Image
How exactly does it work? Honesly curious, I'd be happy to know if there exists a type of lock I don't know about Posted Image

(if anyone is wondering, this got into my interest while I was trying to learn how to pick locks. Sue me)
Oblivion used that kind of lockpicking.But it was harder and just annoying for me,and probably for many others too.
Game developers should focus on making the game fun,not realistic.
Skyrim and Fallout are not supposed to be realistic,so they have a unrealistic lockpicking system.
Some kind of thief game would probably have a realistic lockpicking system.

Bucket Of Turnips
  • Minecraft: BucketOfTurnips

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

I kinda liked the lockpicking in oblivion, it was harder and therefor made the skill more valuable(or alteration). Atleast until you hit the level (10?) and got the skeleton key. Then it was mash X until you unlocked it.

Probably going to start playing my H2H character again. Become a vampire(like my 4th character to do so it seems...) and make her truly lethal(even more than she currently is) by boosting
a)h2h damage from racial and enchantments
b ) "fortify heavy armor"
c)fortify smithing

Although, I still miss the hand to hand skill. It wouldve been even more deadly if they just didnt push it into a corner of heavy armor. Or just make it solid damage instead of damage+fatigue which was more fun.
Posted Image

Jeffrey94
  • Minecraft: Jeffrey94
  • Xbox:Get a PC bro

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Just thought I'd leave this here:

http://www.bethblog....onborn-trailer/

MissPotato
  • Minecraft: Pearsoap

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

"You should have acted, they're already here. The Elder Scrolls told of their return, their defeat was meerly a delay, from the time after oblivion opened, when the sons of Skyrim would spill their own blood. But no one wanted to believe, believe they even existed and when the truth finally dawns, it dawns in fire! But! There is one they fear... In their tongue, he is Dovahkiin. DRAGONBORN - Fus Ro DAH!"
Skyrim's first birthday tomorrow! Blow out the candles guize! I know what I'll be doing :D
Computer Specs:
Spoiler:

ttpenquin
  • Minecraft: ttpenquin

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

Skyrim is an amazing game, hope another one comes out in the future.
~Yours truly.

GravCat
    GravCat

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7767 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

View Postttpenquin, on 11 November 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

Skyrim is an amazing game, hope another one comes out in the future.

Yes, another Elder Scrolls will come out. Definitely by 2017.

Cassie
    Cassie

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1360 posts
  • Minecraft: Cassisrad

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

I <3 Skyrim.
You guys know what I realized no building in Skyrim has?
A bathroom.

<3

BC_Programming
  • Minecraft: BC_Programming

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

I still haven't beaten it. Mostly because of the absolutely glitched main quest that is impossible without hacks.

Even ignoring that though I'm worried it's one of those games where there is a point of no return and if you save past it you are stuck there. Sort of like the second Save point in Tourian in Super Metroid.

Avalen
    Avalen

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 465 posts
  • Minecraft: Avalen

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostCassie, on 11 November 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

I <3 Skyrim.
A bathroom.
True Nords take their business to the forest.

Gheart
    Gheart

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2830 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostCassie, on 11 November 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

I <3 Skyrim.
A bathroom.

Actually in some forts you can see where the bandits "do their business."

Posted Image

Homem Pigman

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

This thread is alive again? Nice.

Well, it wouldn't make too much sense to have a bathroom on most cities, but it would have been a touch for detail if they had a small public "hole" house in Riften. After all, they have a sewer and it would only make sense. But that doesn't really matter.

Posted Image

Jeffrey94
  • Minecraft: Jeffrey94
  • Xbox:Get a PC bro

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

Can't believe nobody's commented on Solstheim yet...

Homem Pigman

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

View PostJeffrey94, on 14 November 2012 - 02:20 AM, said:

Can't believe nobody's commented on Solstheim yet...
I didn't because I'm not really a fan of the decision. I don't dislike it; but it's a bit lame that we're going there again. A new place would have been more appropriate. Granted, Solstheim has changed a lot, but all the mystery and excitement of discovering the landscape and all new places? Gone.

I think they're doing a lot of this to appeal to Morrowind fans like me, but personally, considering I wasn't impressed with their last stuff (mostly on aesthetics), I'm not really excited about it Posted Image

In response to some expected replies:
"BUT IT'LL STILL BE GOOD YOUR STUPID IDIOT!" - It will, probably. But that doesn't mean there weren't better options.
"YOU'RE HATING ON THIS AWESOME GAME YOU DUMBASS!" - Don't be a fanboy like the rest. I am a costumer, I have all rights to cricticize a product. And it helps the developers for next time. And no, this is not hating.
"WE DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT!" - Remember I said I don't dislike it; I merely think the concept is missing potential.

Oh and the new Ricklings are forgetabble ;)

Posted Image

Bucket Of Turnips
  • Minecraft: BucketOfTurnips

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

View PostGheart, on 11 November 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

Actually in some forts you can see where the bandits "do their business."

-snip-

Fortify one hand? Bathroom? Bandit camp? I bet that book is the lusty argonian maid. Am I right?
Posted Image