• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.2]TerraFirmaCraft - Survival mode as it should've been.

survival realism metallurgy

• Please log in to reply
4946 replies to this topic

bioxx
    bioxx

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:18 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

TerraFirmaCraft

Forge Compatible

Visit our new website and forums at www.terrafirmacraft.com

If your game won't work or you experience a bug, take it to our tech support forum.

.Wiki

Join us at #TFCraft on EsperNet if you want to chat about the mod
This post may contain old information and is only updated to reflect version changes.
Forward
Spoiler:
Video
Spoiler:
Screenshots
Spoiler:
Detailed:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

bioxx
    bioxx

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:25 AM

POPULAR

Downloads
Please Visit the Download Section of the TerraFirmaCraft website in order to find the latest versions and changelogs.
Posted Image

TechGuy543

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Looks interesting. This might be going places :)

“Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid; humans are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant;
together they are powerful beyond imagination."

bioxx
    bioxx

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

More screenshots added. I'd like to get some discussion going here if anyone has any ideas, feel free to share.

I've decided to add in the ability to pan for gold/platnium/cassiterite/gems. Basically anything that can be found in an alluvial(carried by a river) layer. What this means is that you can build a pan and sift through sand and gravel(once i fix it not spawning) and have a chance to find bits of the ores which can then be melted into bars. Note that this will only work IN or NEAR a river. sifting in a desert will not work the same(should it?).
Posted Image

bioxx
    bioxx

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:02 AM

Bump for the new download link. Alpha v1 is out now. This is not in a completely useable state yet! Do NOT plan to have a fully functioning world with this version. I need help determining the ore spawn rates. Use of TMI or NEI to help you explore and mine is recommended.
Posted Image

Tylonix
    Tylonix

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

It looks very nice.

budwise
    budwise

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Minecraft: Darkguardsman
  • Xbox:intaves

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

make it smp when you get the ssp side all sorted out and you'll have one greatest mods i have seen.
My Actual username is DarkGuardsman I am the Author of Fluid Mechanics, Assembly Line, ICBM-Sentries, Come Closer, Illus Elements, GSM Empire, and Greater Protection. I don't have time to read forums much any more...

bioxx
    bioxx

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

Oh SMP is planned. I play almost exclusively SMP with a few friends and family, so it will definitely happen.

Edit: Alpha 2 is out now. Added panning for gold in rivers and prospecting
Posted Image

Xaphedo
    Xaphedo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Minecraft: Xaphedo

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'm waiting for developments
Don't argue with a moron: he'll down you to his level and then beat you with experiencePosted Image

bioxx
    bioxx

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

Just released Alpha 3. I'm going to try and get this moved to the primary mod section so that hopefully I can get some life around here  :rolleyes: I'm incredibly short on ideas and welcome any feedback!
Posted Image

bioxx
    bioxx

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

Well I see that this got moved from WIP while i was asleep, good. I'm hoping to have the ore dictionary implemented within a few hours. Hopefully I can just figure it out myself or find a tutorial on it. Then i guess I need to go play some dwarf fortress since my original plan was to try and implement a lot of its features. I'm looking for new ideas.

Workshops I may not do as it turns out. I added some back end for it but my experience with controlling 2 blocks to form the same entity was a nightmare, never mind 7 or 8. If I can come up with a better way of doing things, then we might still see it. We'll have to see.

Something that I plan later on down the road is to maybe add some recipes for things like a metal detector that work specifically with IC2. I'd like to mess with the biome code some as well. I'm not entirely sure how well my mod works with other biome enhancing mods. If Another mod adds new biomes then I know it will not function as I edit the biomegenbase file. However, modifying the other files may still work. If anyone has the ability to test it, that would be great.
Posted Image

bioxx
    bioxx

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

Ok so I got distracted yesterday and decided to get caught up on all my shows instead of programming. Maybe today I'll get the ore dictionary functioning.  :D
Posted Image

coolomancp
  • Minecraft: coolomancp

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

This could become cool, 1 problem though, its in the mods section and not the WIP mods section, probably will get moved or removed(shouldn't be removed though).

Tylonix
    Tylonix

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

Cool gold panning.
Is it only in rivers or is it in oceans to.

Riose
    Riose

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

I'm really looking forward this mod.

Will that somehow modify how oil from BuildCraft spawn ?
Posted Image

bioxx
    bioxx

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

View PostRiose, on 11 January 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

I'm really looking forward this mod.

Will that somehow modify how oil from BuildCraft spawn ?
No, Buildcraft handles its spawning differently than ores, as a result, MY mod is perfectly compatible with Buildcraft to the best of my knowledge.

View Postcoolomancp, on 11 January 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

This could become cool, 1 problem though, its in the mods section and not the WIP mods section, probably will get moved or removed(shouldn't be removed though).
It is functional even tho it is still in an early stage and met all of the requirements for being in the Mod's section so I actually had it moved here from WiP. After all, all mods are a WiP :P

View PostTylonix, on 11 January 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Cool gold panning.Is it only in rivers or is it in oceans to.
Panning only works in rivers. If you try to do it anywhere else, it will fail. If you watch the video attached int he OP, it shows you how panning works.
Posted Image

marcopolo1613

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

bump

bioxx, you might want to put up a check list in a spoiler that shows what textures you have, for what earth types, and in what resolution.

Posted Image

Misticblade7
  • Minecraft: Misticblade7

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

Oh wow. There aren't a whole lot of mods that impress me this quickly.

I can't wait to see how this turns out.
Posted Image
Expanding boundaries since 2011.

Mangoko
    Mangoko

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

This mod looks really Interesting, Definitely going to download it, and try it out.

dQz3r
    dQz3r

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

I like where this mod is going, it fits with the minecraft theme. Keep up the good work.

question: will you be also adding things to use the new rock, ores and gems with (i.e. tools, weapons, armor)? or just for decor?