21 replies to this topic

Rimbya
    Rimbya

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:20 AM

Hello everybody!
I have been wondering how I could take my MCPE World and edit it in something like mcedit or convert it to work with Minecraft for PC.

:iapprove: :iapprove: :iapprove: :iapprove: :iapprove: :iapprove: :iapprove: :iapprove:

Posted ImageMade by WadupMan

Register or log in to remove.

maxpowa
    maxpowa

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 407 posts
  • Minecraft: maxpowa

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

It is pretty simple, just download iExplorer and then navigate to

Apps -> MinecraftPE -> Documents -> games -> com.mojang -> minecraftWorlds

You might wanna use a world that the spawn is close to your builds on though, or you will have to walk alot. I would also not recommend using worlds that use blocks that do not exist in MinecraftPE. The only thing you need to copy is your level.dat, maybe create a world (on the iDevice) then copy the chunks.dat and player.dat into your new world's folder and then copy the level.dat from your computer onto the app.

Now you can copy/paste level.dat to your heart's content!

EDIT: The above is for computer -> iDevice

For iDevice -> computer:

Navigate, using iExplorer, to:

Then, open the folder of the world you want to modify with MCEdit. Now copy the level.dat into a folder you can access on your computer with MCEdit. Open the level.dat with MCEdit and you should be ready to go!

I maintain TukMC here on MCF. I'm working on updating AdvancedHUD. Please check out my BukkitDev page!

Posted Image

Rimbya
    Rimbya

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

View Postmaxpowa, on 02 January 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

It is pretty simple, just download iExplorer and then navigate to

You might wanna use a world that the spawn is close to your builds on though, or you will have to walk alot. I would also not recommend using worlds that use blocks that do not exist in MinecraftPE. The only thing you need to copy is your level.dat, maybe create a world (on the iDevice) then copy the chunks.dat and player.dat into your new world's folder and then copy the level.dat from your computer onto the app.

Now you can copy/paste level.dat to your heart's content!

EDIT: The above is for computer -> iDevice

For iDevice -> computer:

Navigate, using iExplorer, to:

Then, open the folder of the world you want to modify with MCEdit. Now copy the level.dat into a folder you can access on your computer with MCEdit. Open the level.dat with MCEdit and you should be ready to go!

Thank You, Trying it now! :iapprove:

EDIT:

I tried PC to iDevice and it didn't work... I took the level.dat from the world save and put it in a new world on the device. Didn't work...

EDIT2:

I tried to open the level.dat in mcedit (world from my iDevice) and no chunks showed up in mcedit. :| <_<

Posted ImageMade by WadupMan

maxpowa
    maxpowa

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostRimbya, on 03 January 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

I tried to open the level.dat in mcedit (world from my iDevice) and no chunks showed up in mcedit. :| <_<

Hmm... I see, it seems that Minecraft PE must generate chunks in a different way then the PC version on Minecraft does then, maybe look around the forums to see if anyone has made a plugin for MCEdit or something, because in theory, the level.dat in PE shouldn't be too much different from the level.dat used in normal Minecraft saves. I'll see if I can get it working, maybe there is a converter somewhere...

EDIT1: Looking back in the PE saves, it seems that rather than containing the chunks in the level.dat like they did on the PC version, they put the chunks into a different file (chunks.dat) and separated out the player! I think that I may be able to make a way to re-combine these through some sort of script. I will see what I can do.

EDIT2: Compared the level.dat generated by PE and the level.dat generated by Minecraft, found this:
Posted Image
The one on the right is the level.dat generated by MC, the one on the left is generated by MCPE! Quite a large difference, it looks like I have alot of work ahead of me!

EDIT3: I found this in my travels: http://davidvierra.c...ad-testing.html It is the development builds of MCEdit, and it seems (from what I have heard) that you can edit the Android Minecraft PE worlds with it, I'm not sure about iOS Minecraft PE worlds though... Try it and reply back if it works!

EDIT4: It seems that the latest dev. build of MCEdit has lost the capability, so try using MCEdit-testing249 (Find it here: http://davidvierra.com/mcedit/testing/)

I maintain TukMC here on MCF. I'm working on updating AdvancedHUD. Please check out my BukkitDev page!

Posted Image

maxpowa
    maxpowa

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:58 AM

**bump**

EDIT: Hehe, no longer just a bump! I have had a breakthrough! MCEdit-testing249 (Linux/Ubuntu) works to load MC:PE worlds, I just need a couple Windows testers. The blue flowers even show up!

Posted Image

brogan20

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

I can test!!!
Posted Image

maxpowa
    maxpowa

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:11 AM

View Postbrogan20, on 07 January 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

I can test!!!
Ok, just download MCEdit-testing249 from http://www.davidvier...mcedit/testing/ for your windows OS and let me know if you can open an MC:PE map.

EDIT: Seems that in the latest MCEdit dev. build from http://davidvierra.c...ad-testing.html has been updated to re-enable MC:PE world saving! Just run the latest development build and pick up the in-program update.

Posted Image

Anamalax
    Anamalax

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

I'll test it out for Windows,  using Android as well as ios, to confirm wether it works or not.

jordy2254

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Yes it does workbook have been using it for a while now

Gruntyflux

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

• when i try to do it it never generates the last chunk and i always need to genarate new chunks which is not that convineant since i need to copy my statue of my skin onto another map : (

Bellaabzug21

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Does it work on ios?
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

Deevil768
    Deevil768

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3500 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Don't use the level.dat, try using chunks.dat, I'm just guessing since that's what holds the entire generation of your map
Posted Image

maces006
    maces006

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2090 posts
  • Minecraft: Maces006
  • Xbox:Maces006

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

guys use this video to help you with all mcedit related stuff for pocket edition:

this video shows how to import pc maps into pocket editiob but accessing the pocket edition world saves part of the video still applies. Also note that if you transfer parts of a pocket edition map to another pocket edition map it will show some blocks as black wool, but ingame they won't be. If you transfer pc to pocket then there will be more problems that you ahve to fix. Also its advised to watch the video on youtube becuase the required player.dat which you NEED to open pocket edition worlds is in the video description.
Posted Image

Tye_Dye
    Tye_Dye

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

Thank you soo much!
<-- Hit SUBSCRIBE it only takes a second!
Follow me on twitter: TyeDyeTweets

Nidoran4886

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Sorry, i'm new on the forum (and i'm not english), and i dont have understaind anithing of the topic. Can somebody explain my of i can add TNT to a Minecraft PE World on PC ?

EDIT : The problem is that there are no chunks, so the world is empty !

SHiftER2O
    SHiftER2O

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

How the fuck do you download from http://www.davidvier...mcedit/testing/??
Posted Image

Sirius
    Sirius

Obsidian Miner

• Retired Staff
  • 1390 posts
  • Minecraft: Seri_us
  • Xbox:Siri0usly

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostSHiftER2O, on 16 September 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

How the fuck do you download from http://www.davidvier...mcedit/testing/??
http://www.minecraft...ow-open-source/

View PostNidoran4886, on 15 May 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

The problem is that there are no chunks, so the world is empty !

If you're opening the PE map on MCEdit, make sure there's a player.dat file in the same folder. You can rename anything to player.dat and it'll work.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

SHiftER2O
    SHiftER2O

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostSeruis, on 16 September 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

http://www.minecraft...ow-open-source/

If you're opening the PE map on MCEdit, make sure there's a player.dat file in the same folder. You can rename anything to player.dat and it'll work.

Yeah, dude I sorta need the outdated version since the updated version doesn't display anything when editing an MCPE map so thanks however...
Posted Image

Sirius
    Sirius

Obsidian Miner

• Retired Staff
  • 1390 posts
  • Minecraft: Seri_us
  • Xbox:Siri0usly

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostSHiftER2O, on 16 September 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Yeah, dude I sorta need the outdated version since the updated version doesn't display anything when editing an MCPE map so thanks however...

I use version 0.1.1, which works perfectly. In order to open a PE map, the folder has to have  player.dat, level.dat, chunks.dat, and entities.dat

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

xEurekaDoctorx

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Help! So I only have on my map, enteties level and chunks no player? Do I renamed entities to player or do I need a player plus entities chunks and level?
Posted Image