Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can you get hacked through a minecraft server

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

penguino6971
  • Minecraft: penguino6971

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

SO.  Lately I'm not allowed to run my minecraft server because  some people think that your computer can be hacked through a minecraft server. Is that true. Please provide a description why

Register or log in to remove.

AcearcherMC
  • Minecraft: Acearcher104

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

No, not through a Minecraft server. If people get a hold of your Ip then they can do things to your Internet, But there is 2 Simple and Easy Fixes for this! Get your IP DNS'ed (Change your IP, I Recommend DYNDNS) Or you can buy Hosting and then that will Change your IP for you! If you want anymore information either reply to this or PM me!:Diamond:
Posted Image

ThEwOtSiT182
  • Minecraft: ThEwOtSiT182

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

View Postpenguino6971, on 01 January 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

SO.  Lately I'm not allowed to run my minecraft server because  some people think that your computer can be hacked through a minecraft server. Is that true. Please provide a description why

No it can't. The only thing that could happen is you could get ddosed; but provided you don't piss off anyone who knows their stuff, yo're at as much risk as if you were browsing the internets.
If I helped, please click that little green up arrow in the bottom right of my post!

penguino6971

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostAcearcherMC, on 01 January 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

No, not through a Minecraft server. If people get a hold of your Ip then they can do things to your Internet, But there is 2 Simple and Easy Fixes for this! Get your IP DNS'ed (Change your IP, I Recommend DYNDNS) Or you can buy Hosting and then that will Change your IP for you! If you want anymore information either reply to this or PM me!:Diamond:

Thx but it would be better if for example to explain that it runs on java so theres no threat

with DYDNS do I have to port forward again

ThEwOtSiT182
  • Minecraft: ThEwOtSiT182

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

View Postpenguino6971, on 01 January 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

Thx but it would be better if for example to explain that it runs on java so theres no threat

with DYDNS do I have to port forward again

But the fact that it runs on java doesn't mean theres no thread
If I helped, please click that little green up arrow in the bottom right of my post!

penguino6971

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

So pretty much theres not threat

MrFatal3
    MrFatal3

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Minecraft: MrFatal3

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

I use Hamachi... Which gives it a Hamachi IP address so they will never see my computer IP.

BUT I don't think having a regular server is a threat.

I luv u. <3