• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.2.3] Legacy Better Then BuildCraft Thread (defunct)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2698 replies to this topic

bluffamuchuck
  • Minecraft: bluffamuchuck

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

I get this error
Spoiler:
any advice

Register or log in to remove.

Blueblade11
    Blueblade11

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:35 AM

Heh heh heh...i bet im one of a handful of people that knows BTW and BC inside out :D

View Postbluffamuchuck, on 01 January 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

I get this error
Spoiler:
any advice

You have BTW right?
Playing since Beta 1.3_01. Yeah. I like BTW. Or used to. Still do. ­Stuff Technic. (Back in the day...)
*Plays Minecraft on a craptop* *Optifine user since Optimine* *Using mods since Beta 1.5_01*

FlowerChild

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

View Postbluffamuchuck, on 01 January 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

I get this error

any advice

Not at present unfortunately, but I'm currently in the midst of getting my New Year's Eve drink on :)

Only thing I can say is to make sure you followed the install directions in the readme to the letter.  This mod is particularly sensitive to install order and such, given that it is dependent on two others to function.

Also, if someone can confirm that they do have it working properly already, I'd be much obliged as it would allow me to drink in peace ;)
Posted Image

bluffamuchuck

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

View PostBlueblade11, on 01 January 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

Heh heh heh...i bet im one of a handful of people that knows BTW and BC inside out :D

You have BTW right?
sorry i forgot the first part :)
Spoiler:

Blueblade11
    Blueblade11

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

View Postbluffamuchuck, on 01 January 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

Spoiler:

WEll then, all I can think of is to clear out your mods folder, or force update :/
Playing since Beta 1.3_01. Yeah. I like BTW. Or used to. Still do. ­Stuff Technic. (Back in the day...)
*Plays Minecraft on a craptop* *Optifine user since Optimine* *Using mods since Beta 1.5_01*

Stormweaver

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:43 AM

View Postbluffamuchuck, on 01 January 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

Spoiler:

-EDIT-

Better then buildcraft requires the latest version of buildcraft, which I belive ends in .11

Go upgrade :)
Posted Image
United we stand.

FlowerChild

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

View PostStormweaver, on 01 January 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

-EDIT-

Better then buildcraft requires the latest version of buildcraft, which I belive ends in .11

Whoa.  Nice catch brother :)
Posted Image

morvelaira

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

View PostFlowerChild, on 01 January 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

Whoa.  Nice catch brother :)

No kidding.  How he can catch things like that with as drunk as he says he is... I think he's lying about drunkenness to be cooler ;)
She who Bring the Doom and Cuteness. I livestream! twitch.tv/morvelaira
This kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.

Doghound5

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:52 AM

Yup, as stated in the readme, BTB requires the most recent versions of BTW (3.46) and the 2.X branch of BC (2.2.11).  Both me and SpaceToad needed to get some code into our respective mods to make this whole shibang possible ;)
[/quote]

Ha, Alright thanks mate. looks like you have done a really great job, i liked BC but came back to BTW as it is an amazing mod i loved it as soon as i set eyes upon it :D and now that bc and BTW are both compatable together i am really pleased and to have found this im really happy, im glad to have been looking for updates on BTW wiki and forum and found this. BTW has some really great ideas, coding etc love it. you've done a amazingly great job and really happy for you to have made this as well. good job FlowerChild :D :DORE: :DORE: :DORE: :DORE: :DORE: :DORE: :DORE: :DORE: :DORE: :DORE: :DORE: :DORE: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:
Posted Image

Ferrus.Manus

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostFlowerChild, on 01 January 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

Hey, you can give him some credit for being the first thread troll...almost :)
Trolling in this thread started with the thread title.

Anyway, great work! Really looking forward to playing around with this. Also are you planning to implement Automatic Anvil any time soon?

bluffamuchuck

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostStormweaver, on 01 January 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

-EDIT-

!!!!! perfect ill try now

Ribky
    Ribky

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Minecraft: Ribky

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

I am currently slightly intoxicated myself at the moment, but I too (Ugh... I don't get errors... wtf...) am getting a very slight error.  Nothing that shows up in error log, and everything looks alright.  Problem is only when using Creative mode (don't ask me why I was using creative... I felt like flying) everything ran smoothly until I tried to scroll down in the good ol' creative inventory.  Haven't ran into any problems in survival (which is what matters).  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling to make sure it wasn't just the festivities screwing up my install.  Same results.  Here's the error log in case you can see anything I'm missing.

Spoiler:

Again, it only happens in creative and only when using the inventory and scrolling down, just opening the inventory is fine.  It's not a big concern, I'm having a drunken adventure in survival mode, but just though I should point it out in case there are similar problems from anyone else. Any ideas?
Posted Image

Stormweaver

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

View Postmorvelaira, on 01 January 2012 - 07:50 AM, said:

No kidding.  How he can catch things like that with as drunk as he says he is... I think he's lying about drunkenness to be cooler ;)

Huh, when did I say I was drunk :/

Due to a particular agency only providing services to those with no other support over the new year, I happen to be stone-cold sober till January 2nd. It's like there's a solid wall of responsibility between me and my fated partner, the ever faithful jager.

It's not fair, but at least I can do something useful in the meantime ^.^ Now go get drunk you.
Posted Image
United we stand.

Dark_destroyerxx
  • Minecraft: Dark_destroyerxx
  • Xbox:AllDayCLAY52

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

XD FUCKING EPIC!!!!!!!!! :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:

morvelaira

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostStormweaver, on 01 January 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

It's not fair, but at least I can do something useful in the meantime ^.^ Now go get drunk you.

I can't :(  My health will not allow it at the moment.  I think it was the earlier mention of Jeager that had me thinking you were enjoying the contents.  

*links arms*  But at least we are not sober alone!
She who Bring the Doom and Cuteness. I livestream! twitch.tv/morvelaira
This kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.

bluffamuchuck

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

i found a bug where if you scroll down in creative it crashes. can somebody confirm this?

FlowerChild

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

View Postbluffamuchuck, on 01 January 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

i found a bug where if you scroll down in creative it crashes. can somebody confirm this?

Damn it.  I admittedly didn't test creative (I hate playing creative personally), and you're the 2nd person to report this, so I'll assume it's a ligit bug.

Sorry guys, will tackle it soon as I sober up in the morning :)
Posted Image

Stormweaver

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

View Postmorvelaira, on 01 January 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

*links arms*  But at least we are not sober alone!

True :)

That said, I think I'm actually going to call it a night now. Sober stormy isn't very good at surviving with less than 4 hours sleep a day, and by my guess I'm going to have to be up and about in 2 hours...bah.
Posted Image
United we stand.

Ribky
    Ribky

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Minecraft: Ribky

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostFlowerChild, on 01 January 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

Damn it.  I admittedly didn't test creative (I hate playing creative personally), and you're the 2nd person to report this, so I'll assume it's a ligit bug.

Sorry guys, will tackle it soon as I sober up in the morning :)

No rush, I can still drunkenly fly around without looking at the inventory :)
Posted Image

RayRaka
    RayRaka

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Minecraft: Rayraka

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

This is incredible, it make it so much harder to acquire enough materials for complicated factories, but hey, that's a part of the game.
Great work SpaceToad And FlowerChild, may the force be with you
Posted Image