• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5.2] Mac's Mods! - Blaze Tools, Compacted Blocks & Extra Options!

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

Mac
    Mac

Overpriced

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1800 posts
  • Minecraft: RandomMac5

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:44 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

This will be the thread for all my mods that I am ready to release to the public. I know it isn't really a catchy title "Mac's Mods" but it best describes whose mods they are. I'm am open to criticism/feedback so I can make my mods better in the future.

All my mods are designed to work together so if you come across any bugs just send me a pm or comment here.

Posted Image

Compacted Blocks
Blaze Tools
Extra Options
Full Mac's Mod Pack
Installation Guides
Video Showcases
License

Posted Image

1.5.2 - V1.5

Posted Image

(Direct)

(Or click here if button is missing/blocked)
All you need is Modloader!

Disclaimer! - Please wait until this mod is updated before opening your world after a Minecraft update because those blocks will disappear since the mod won't be installed after the new update. Hopefully this mod won't need an update to work for the next Minecraft update!

Mod Description - Are you sick and tired of having so many chests filled with dirt, cobblestone, redstone, coal or mossy cobblestone? Well than this mod is for you! You can simply compact all of those blocks so you have much more storage for other things like diamonds and iron. This mod might include a few extra surprises coming up in the next update. There was only one mod I found that did some thing like this but it had some different features so I thought I would release my version which was more simple to use!

You can either place down the block and destroy it to get your items back or put it in a crafting table! If you would like to suggest any changes I would be happy to change/sort things out.

If you need help installing the mod read the Install Guide included with the download and please do not rename the images used because they need those names to work!

Screenshot

Spoiler:

Crafting Recipes

Spoiler:

Previous Versions

Change Log
Spoiler:

Posted Image

1.4.7 - V1.4

Posted Image
(Direct)

ModLoader is not required to run this mod.

Mod Description - This mod gives you a few extra options on the menu screen ingame. The options include changing the texture pack and clearing multiplayer chat (also works on spc chat).

The clear chat button is included to clear unwanted spam on multiplayer games. It doesn't close the chat, it clears the whole thing! The join server button works on single player and multiplayer. When using it on single player you click the server you want to join then it will save your world chunks then start joining the server. It works when wanting to change server too. Instead of saving chunks it just disconnects from the previous server.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Previous Versions

Change Log
Spoiler:

Posted Image

1.5.2 - V1.4

Posted Image
(Direct)

Disclaimer! - Any mod that edits "EnumToolMaterial" and "EnumAmourMaterial" in the class files will not work with my mod at the moment.

Mod Description - Do you have some blaze rods and you don't know what to do with them? Well now there are blaze tools! Each tool is stronger then the oringal because they use blaze rods to be crafted which makes them more of a rarer item to make since they can be quite hard to get when you don't have a blaze farm like most people. You can even enchant these tools as well!

If you need help installing the mod read the Install Guide included with the download and please do not rename the images used because they need those names to work! This idea was partially mine and partially my mate (Mettrone).

Mod info: Do you need to know the id's? Click here! I will change them if a popular mod already uses them. You will just have to let me know. Want to view stats for the tools? Click here!

Crafting Recipes
Spoiler:

Previous Versions

Change Log
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Posted Image
(Direct)

Mod Description - This pack includes all my mods on this page so that you can install them all in one go so it is easier for you if you use all my mods!

Previous Versions

Posted Image

For Compacted bocks, Extra options and Blaze tools!

Posted Image

Reviewed by TehGimpsters

Reviewed by iJevin

Reviewed by SlendAEnderMan

Posted Image

Posted Image
Mac's Mods by Mac is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

SquizzFTW
  • Minecraft: Squizz

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:09 AM

Very good idea! Congrats Mac.
My Youtube Channel - SquizzFilms

Mac
    Mac

Overpriced

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1800 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:16 AM

Thanks Squizz.

Posted Image

Fiji_Wiji
  • Minecraft: Fiji_Wiji

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:20 AM

Nice mac. :)
Posted Image

rolen120
  • Minecraft: rolen120

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:30 AM

notch needs to add thisssss

Mac
    Mac

Overpriced

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1800 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:56 AM

Added a little disclaimer at the bottom of the thread.

Posted Image

Sidorakh

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:54 AM

I love the idea. Its an excellent sssssssstart for modding. Im only capable of looking at the code and finding stuff, like where strongholds will spawn lol

Little technical info, uses block ids 241-245 by default, according to tmi anyway
GENERATION 9002: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
http://www.youtube.com/user/sidorakh

Kazard7
    Kazard7

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Minecraft: LegitGaming7

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

Looks like a great addition to Minecraft. I hate wasted storage.

Mac
    Mac

Overpriced

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1800 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostSidorakh, on 01 January 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

Little technical info, uses block ids 241-245 by default, according to tmi anyway

Correct. Included in the main post.

Posted Image

MrXidus
    MrXidus

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Minecraft: MrXidus

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

Absolutely wonderful, Now I can get rid of approx 9 chests in my SP world.

Any plans on making this mod work on a MP Bukkit server Mac?

Mac
    Mac

Overpriced

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1800 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostMrXidus, on 02 January 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

Absolutely wonderful, Now I can get rid of approx 9 chests in my SP world.

Any plans on making this mod work on a MP Bukkit server Mac?

Yep. There will be plans on multiplayer.

Posted Image

xSoul
    xSoul

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

Great mod Mac ;D

Edit: There's already a mod that's named Compressed Blocks :/ http://www.minecraft...-v41-forge-ssp/

Mac
    Mac

Overpriced

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1800 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

View PostxSoul, on 02 January 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

Great mod Mac ;D

Edit: There's already a mod that's named Compressed Blocks :/ http://www.minecraft...-v41-forge-ssp/

I know. I'm changing it to compacted blocks since my friend Squizz thought it was a better name.

Posted Image

TheBrainiac1mil
  • Minecraft: TheBrainiac2mil

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:47 AM

Hey Mac, saw your video on this! Anyway, can you add other things that we have a lot of. Like Netherrack
Does this count as a signature?

Mac
    Mac

Overpriced

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1800 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostTheBrainiac1mil, on 03 January 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

Hey Mac, saw your video on this! Anyway, can you add other things that we have a lot of. Like Netherrack

Sure.

And I included my next mod :D

Posted Image

Envion
    Envion

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • Minecraft: Envionz

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:29 AM

Very cool Mac! I was thinking about making something like Extra Options, with more options than yours, but I'm glad that somebody made it!

Keep making them Mac! :)

You should read the global rules sometime.

endless031

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

I love that More Options mod! Hope you add more options in the future.

arcticnic
  • Minecraft: arcticnic

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

hey, this mod is awesome!!
just what i think would be better/advice: if the cobble could be done i a 3x3 like dirt it would be really good because i always have loooaddds of cobble :3
and i dont think there is much use for the moss stone 1 :/ thats jjust my opinion, all in all great mod XD

mbtester
    mbtester

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

@ RandomMac5

I just tried out Compacted Blocks on my testing jar. It works fine, looks great - the textures are simple, don't look out of place, and I really like that you included the particle animation for the redstone block. There is one thing preventing me from using this in my play jar - the Block IDs.

Could you make a config file so we can edit the Block IDs for ourselves? It is too much hassle (for users AND you) to constantly hardcode Block ID changes which always lead to world save corruptions. I would use ID Resolver as a workaround but it is incompatible with a few other mods.

Mac
    Mac

Overpriced

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1800 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:26 AM

View Postmbtester, on 03 January 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

@ RandomMac5

I just tried out Compacted Blocks on my testing jar. It works fine, looks great - the textures are simple, don't look out of place, and I really like that you included the particle animation for the redstone block. There is one thing preventing me from using this in my play jar - the Block IDs.

Could you make a config file so we can edit the Block IDs for ourselves? It is too much hassle (for users AND you) to constantly hardcode Block ID changes which always lead to world save corruptions. I would use ID Resolver as a workaround but it is incompatible with a few other mods.

Yeah I'm working on adding a config file.

Posted Image