For a full description of each penguin species and all the other features of this mod, including armor, weapons, and crafting recipes, go to the Rancraft Penguins Wiki, developed and primarily maintained by randalpik.
If you are fluent in another language and would like to help us make Rancraft Penguins speak your language, too, click here, and follow the instructions at the bottom of the page.
CaveJohnson212 for translating to Russian
alex212058 for translating to Chinese (traditional characters)
Rancraft Penguins adds fifteen different species of penguins to your world:
- Emperor Penguins
- King Penguins
- Yellow-Eyed Penguins
- Magellanic Penguins
- Galápagos Penguins
- African Penguins (new in 1.6.4)
- Chinstrap Penguins
- Gentoo Penguins
- Humboldt Penguins (new in 1.6.4)
- Adélie Penguins
- White-Flippered Penguins
- Little Blue Penguins
- Flame Penguins
- Ninja Penguins
- Cloud Penguins
- African and Humboldt Penguins and their hats
- Real life penguins now swim in water instead of bouncing vertically
- Penguin feathers can be used in place of chicken feathers for crafting arrows
- Penguin skins can be used in place of leather to craft item frames
- Added Penguin Shears (see wiki)
- Reduced the power of Flame Penguin armor, Flame Penguin repeater, and penguin katana
- Penguin chicks no longer have proportionally larger heads than adults
- Darkened the shade of brown for brown feathers and hide
- Penguin bow can be repaired with a black penguin skin
- Flame Penguin repeater can be repaired with a Flame Penguin scale
- Cloud Penguin boots can be repaired with Cloud Penguin down
- Flame Penguin armor can be repaired with a Flame Penguin scale
- Little Blue Penguin hat can be repaired with a dark blue penguin skin
- Yellow-Eyed, White-Flippered, and Galápagos Penguin hats can be repaired with a brown penguin skin.
- All other penguin armor can be repaired with a black penguin skin
Meet the African and Humboldt Penguins
Wild African Penguins.
Wild Humboldt Penguins
Penguins and custom biomes
The configuration file
A few facts about Rancraft Penguins
1. They can be tamed and bred
A tamed Emperor Penguin with its chick.
2. Penguin Armor and Weapons
Rancraft Penguins adds four enchantable weapons and several types of armor with special characteristics (swim speed, air use, etc.). The most powerful of the penguin weapons is the Flame Penguin Repeater, which shoots regular arrows and is fully automatic, although the Penguin Katana and Shurikens have their "good points" as well.
3. The penguins are compatible with other mods
Have you ever wondered what a pony would look like wearing a full suit of penguin armor?
This image is from an excellent description of Rancraft Penguins on a Taiwanese gaming site.
More Screen Shots
Demo Videos for 1.6.4o
Demo Videos for earlier Versions