Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4 SMP] ChickenBones Mods

• Please log in to reply
18015 replies to this topic

Shrooblord
  • Minecraft: Shrooblord

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:49 AM

Hey guys, I ran into a problem. I'm trying to launch anything associated with CodeChickenCore on a 1.7.2 Forge Minecraft game, but it won't even boot the game. As soon as I hit play, it attempts to launch, I see the Minecraft logo appear on my taskbar briefly, before it closes down again and the Minecraft launcher shows again. There's not even a crash report.

It's definitely CodeChickenCore - this behaviour is present when I have absolutely no other mods active.

The version of the mod I used was CodeChickenCore 1.7.2-rc1 - running on a release 1.7.2-Forge10.12.0.1056 Forge client. I can't use any of ChickenBones' awesome mods because the core completely crashes the game! :(
Any help is appreciated dearly.

Register or log in to remove.

painter73

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:23 AM

View PostShrooblord, on 17 April 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

Hey guys, I ran into a problem. I'm trying to launch anything associated with CodeChickenCore on a 1.7.2 Forge Minecraft game, but it won't even boot the game. As soon as I hit play, it attempts to launch, I see the Minecraft logo appear on my taskbar briefly, before it closes down again and the Minecraft launcher shows again. There's not even a crash report.

There is always a log...its in your .minecraft folder and in 1.7+ I think the folder is  even called "logs"...lol....show the 'fml client latest' one(i think its what its called now anyways). I'm sure you'll figure it out, but my guess would be your using an old java (java 6) and all chicken bones mods require java 7.

Shrooblord

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:23 AM

View Postpainter73, on 17 April 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

There is always a log...its in your .minecraft folder and in 1.7+ I think the folder is  even called "logs"...lol....show the 'fml client latest' one(i think its what its called now anyways). I'm sure you'll figure it out, but my guess would be your using an old java (java 6) and all chicken bones mods require java 7.
Oh, of course, I should have thought of that lol

Here's the log. I run Java 1.7.0_51 on a Mac ... even though the log says it's running 1.6 ...? Ok that's odd. I'd better get to the bottom of this. Is that causing the problem?
Spoiler:

The folder this log is saying my Java is running from doesn't exist. I have show hidden files on, and such folder is simply not there where it says it is. Where is this Java coming from ... xD ?

EDIT:
Ok, I did a complete wipe of all things Java from my machine and reinstalled version 7. From the Terminal I can see that I indeed run Java 1.7.0_51, yet Forge insists I am running 1.6, crashing ChickenCore. Does this sound like a familiar problem?

Edited by Shrooblord, 17 April 2014 - 04:34 AM.

edwardthepvper
  • Minecraft: edwardthepvper

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:49 AM

nice mod!

painter73

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:20 AM

View PostShrooblord, on 17 April 2014 - 04:23 AM, said:

Oh, of course, I should have thought of that lol

Here's the log. I run Java 1.7.0_51 on a Mac ... even though the log says it's running 1.6 ...? Ok that's odd. I'd better get to the bottom of this. Is that causing the problem?
Spoiler:

The folder this log is saying my Java is running from doesn't exist. I have show hidden files on, and such folder is simply not there where it says it is. Where is this Java coming from ... xD ?

EDIT:
Ok, I did a complete wipe of all things Java from my machine and reinstalled version 7. From the Terminal I can see that I indeed run Java 1.7.0_51, yet Forge insists I am running 1.6, crashing ChickenCore. Does this sound like a familiar problem?
You need to tell minecraft to use it is all. Can be done in the launcher, just "edit profile" and look at what it says the path is in the "java settings" (executable path) If it says in their \1.6.0.jdk\ (which is java 6) the game is going to use that....just change that part in the path to \jdk1.7.0_51.jdk\ and it will use the java 7.

plainy
    plainy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

Hey,

I ran into a rather annoying problem with the NEI Subsets bar(at the top in your inventory) it is not working for me.
I'm currently playing 1.7.2 and latest Forge(don't know exact version).
I've tried reinstalling it along with the coremod which didn't seem to help.
I haven't tried it as the only mod installed yet which I will as soon as I get home.
I was wondering if this was already a known problem and if there is a fix for it.
Also when I try to switch between Recipe, Cheat or Utility mode only recipe works properly, I cannot cheat in items when it is on cheat mode, and don't have the magnet and trash button in utility mode.

Regards,

thecreeper23146
  • Minecraft: randomkenya254

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:38 AM

What the heck man?! I can't get items from the inventory editor. Instead, whenever I click the item I want, it shows me a recipe for the item. And if the recipe isn't there, nothing happens when I click. I've also tried clicking and dragging into my inventory but that does NOTHING. Please help man! I really want the inventory editor to work
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
I lov3 cr3p33rs

Rozco
    Rozco

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostShrooblord, on 17 April 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

It's definitely CodeChickenCore - this behaviour is present when I have absolutely no other mods active.

The version of the mod I used was CodeChickenCore 1.7.2-rc1 - running on a release 1.7.2-Forge10.12.0.1056 Forge client. I can't use any of ChickenBones' awesome mods because the core completely crashes the game! Posted Image
Any help is appreciated dearly.
The exact same thing happens to me. If you're on a mac, install Java 7 then go into your minecraft profile and tick the box labeled executable, and fill in the text next to it with this: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_51.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java
Should work well now. Also, thanks to previous posters for helping me with this bug.
Posted Image

CAG
    CAG

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

It always crashes me with NEI i really want it because i am playing with some mods and you know we need to know the recipes but it always crashes! On 1.6.4 i have this problem Please tell me what i need to do

EDIT:sorry i realised i didn't put chicken core in the mods folder now it works fine thank you for the mod:)
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1857899-]Posted Image[/url]

painter73

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

View Postthecreeper23146, on 17 April 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

What the heck man?! I can't get items from the inventory editor. Instead, whenever I click the item I want, it shows me a recipe for the item. And if the recipe isn't there, nothing happens when I click. I've also tried clicking and dragging into my inventory but that does NOTHING. Please help man! I really want the inventory editor to work
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
You're locked in recipe mode. In-game go to inventory screen and hit the options button down in the corner. Then hit the 'inventory' button and then the 'global' button in the upper right corner. Now un-highlight the "W" you see by recipe/cheat mode, just right click it Posted Image

ixradioactivexi
  • Minecraft: ixradioactivexi

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

it's still giving me the error where it can't find java build 7 update 55

Spoiler:

edit: i just realized i didn't update the jkd just the browser.

Edited by ixradioactivexi, 17 April 2014 - 02:45 PM.

Shrooblord

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Hey, painter73 and Rozco - thanks! That solved my issue.

It's very strange, because after I edited my post, I went into the profiles to find that part and edited it like you said. However, when I did that, the game wouldn't even launch. Pressing 'play' had no effect at all. I must have made a typo back then because it works now.
ChickenCore runs and I expect all affiliated mods will too - thanks guys! :D

PS
What I don't understand, however, is that the system.getProperty(java.version) function says it found version 1.6.0 - that version, like I said, doesn't even exist on my computer... weird. As long as it keeps using 1.7.0_51 like I tell it to, it's all working fine.
Well, thanks!

ZockerLordLP

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

Anyone know why my minecraft is crashing when I click u over an item?

Here is my crash report:
http://pastebin.com/QV4ruZGj

plainy
    plainy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

View Postpainter73, on 17 April 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

You're locked in recipe mode. In-game go to inventory screen and hit the options button down in the corner. Then hit the 'inventory' button and then the 'global' button in the upper right corner. Now un-highlight the "W" you see by recipe/cheat mode, just right click it Posted Image

Hey, your tip actually helped me with the locked in recipe mode, BUT i still cannot acces the subsets any ideas on that?

VexaFlare

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

Whenever I try to look up the uses for any item I get this crash.
Spoiler:

deFENCE_
    deFENCE_

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Location: Somewhere in ya house, creeping around. In 3 seconds I'm behind you (No, actually Germany :D)
  • Minecraft: MRebhan

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

Yep, NEI Subsets don't work on 1.7.2. Not even @Mod.[...] does work
Posted Image
<UrMommy> Don't get mad at me!
<LilSon> i gotz diamon sord
UrMommy has been killed by LilSon
^I was bored.

TheGamingSloth

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

How can I fix this not working with essentials on my minecraft server?

My Minecraft foege version is: 1.7.2-Forge10.12.0.1056

yuval88fish

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

View Postyuval88fish, on 14 April 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

every time i open a new world i have to cacel the recipe mode lock, and even if i unlock it, i cant use the items subsets, and i cant see the brewing recipes

please help
why cant anyboody help me?

Tyrellan

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

View Postyuval88fish, on 18 April 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

why cant anyboody help me?
Well, half the posts above your say subsets don't work in 1.7.2 - perhaps that's why no one has helped you; people expected you to read.

zille3000

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

Hello there,

recently because of the heartbleed bug in OpneSSL the legacy minecraft launcher is discontinued and I tried to find differend solutions.
The one works best for me is the migration to the new launcher. I took my minecraft.jar, uploadet it to my server and gave the launcher a new .json file, which is simply a dublicate of the json file of minecraft 1.4.6 and I replaced the first librarie wit
{"name": "net.minecraftforge:forge:1.4.6",
	  "url": "http://minecraft.h6g.de/newlauncher/"}

It works, minecraft and forge loading properly and 29 mods of 29 mods are loaded.

All mods are loaded, but the mods in the coremods folder don't appear in my game. Inside this folder is CodeChickenCore and NEI.
Before the migration those mods worked just fine. I didn't changed any modfiles or configfiles.
I am using Minecraft 1.4.6 (And no, I do not want to upgrade, because I don't like the changes made in the newer mc versions and one mod I use is discontinued)
Minecraft Forge 6.5.0.486
FML 4.6.15.514

Installed Modifications:
Spoiler:

Here is my logfile: http://pastebin.com/Biy10YB7 (oviously no errors)

Hope sb could help me out. I am playing with some friends on my server, so offline mode is not a solution. My friend have the same problem after the migration.

Thanks a lot, zille3000