maxicut, on 31 December 2011 - 04:44 PM, said:
Muggle towns or, home towns? Wizard village in front of Hogwarts? Foods are like potions and give you certain abilities? Flying machines, maybe flying horses? What about the train maybe a level? Wizard powers level up? Villain?
- Muggle towns are not really needed what would be the point of muggles especially since they know wizards exist if they are part of the server.
- Hogsmeade will exist and can be visited by students from 3rd year and on during certain times.
- I will be removing some of the foods and adding more magical foods but those are seperate from potions.
- The potions will be like in the HP world with different effects like breathing under water, boils, explosive diarrhea (yeah I know but I am making the point that there are bad potions...).
- Flying machines... There will be brooms and magical flying creatures to be tamed so yeah flying but actual machines no.
- For the train I am doing a piston conveyor belt going towards hogwarts behind platform 9 and 3/4. It will take a bit of time but the point is for you to talk with fellow new comers make some friends or grab a snack if you really want. I will make sure it is not insanely slow but still.
- For the wizard powers level up thing you got something we have not talked about anywhere yet but that I have been tossing around. Every time you use a spell it will gain experience in a way (basically the use bar will disintegrate like a normal weapon or item) and once it gains enough experience (bar depletes) it will upgrade to the next level. There will be cool downs so no spamming and leveling them up wont be easy because there will not be many levels so it would be hard to max out your spells quickly.
- For the villain, there will be no actual villain like Voldemort but as I said if someone wishes to go against all pure bloods for example then go ahead. Anything is allowed even killing me (headmaster) and taking over hogwarts and then conquering the server. Obviously I am also "god" in a sense and will not literally step in but will take action like maybe giving someone a spell or something along those lines to make sure the server is still fun for everyone.
nmatt12456, on 31 December 2011 - 05:02 PM, said:
I was just thinking who is going to build this!? I can get a bunch of my friends to help when the building stage comes along also.
I will be building this because as maxicut says in the quote below there are many secrets that I am not sure I want people knowing. Maybe one or two people will help me but I will decide that probably mid mod phase.
maxicut, on 31 December 2011 - 05:10 PM, said:
Well i think he might just spawn it and if you're gonna play is not fair if u build
By spawn it in do you mean creative mode it then yes and I agree with how unfair it would be.
maxicut, on 31 December 2011 - 05:15 PM, said:
Go ahead and feel free! I would love it since mine is just a nice looking font from paint.
SharkSkull8, on 31 December 2011 - 05:20 PM, said:
There is no real need for muggles, Wizrding towns can be set up by those who have finished Hogwarts, and if you mean Hogsmeade I presume yes it will be built as we are trying to stay as close to the real thing as possible. The modes of transport will depend on what Chugwig is willing to mod and Villains can be anyone xD
- Yup and for building just so it is clear there will be ways to build but you would have to have good reason. Good amount of money and want to start a town, make a shop in a town, etc.
- Hogsmeade will be made but it will be rather empty unless we get adult wizards so we will see about that later on in development.
- Modes of transport will be as great as I can make them I am willing to mod almost anything within my limits, the limits of the game, and within certain time constraints. If it will take a month to set up how something will work it is really not worth it but if it takes a month but this thing is able to be used in multiple ways it will be my choice. It is all about weighing it all out and deciding what is good and what is not.
Seems this thread is working out alright and we are finally getting conversation between you guys. Hope we keep getting conversations up and if you have any questions just ask them.
Maxicut and I were talking and I have come up with an outline for the app with his help what are your thoughts everyone?
- Read the series**:
- I will then have a few questions on stuff about the server like what is my name, what is rule 6 etc.
- I also will have a question or two with an obvious answer like are you human and the answer would obviously be yes but in the op I say to say you are a unicorn or something.
- Finally somewhere in the OP I will tell them to send me a word or phrase to prove they read the OP and not put it in their app.
- *Why do you want to be in the server? This can be either long or short but please be sincere this is not a huge factor for getting into the server I am just wondering.
- **I just would like to know, it does not make a difference in you getting into the server.
- ***What house would you like to be in. This is just something I would like to know and will not make a difference in what house you are actually in.
I am mainly focusing on the fact that someone read the op.
Also for the *** I say that it makes no difference but in a way it does. In the app it does not but in the server you will get to choose which house you will want to be in and will also take a personality quiz and that will decide how you get sorted. The choice you choose for what you want is not a big thing but the Hat does take it into account as you can see with Harry Potter begging to not be in Slytherin.