Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

A Challenge for more Canny Minecrafters

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

MrPJFranklin
  • Minecraft: MrPJFranklin

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

I was hoping there was someone on this site who could produce a one hour timer within minecraft, I have used 5 minute timers previously and was wondering if anyone had any ideas/plans/videos to throw around.

MrPJFranklin

Register or log in to remove.

JoelMagg
    JoelMagg

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

well, you can just hook up 60 of those minute timers..

Posted Image

Mumfrey
    Mumfrey

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2178 posts
  • Minecraft: Mumfrey

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

I came up with an idea for a retriggerable 5-minute timer to do what you want, basically you load the dispenser with the number of 5-minute intervals you want (so put in 12 items for a 60 minute timeout) and then it will trigger when the dispenser is empty. This actually allows you to "configure" the timer by changing the number of items in the dispenser, from 5 minutes right up to 2 days!

I made a video to demostrate the concept, basically the key part is the 3 4-tick repeaters which delay the retrigger signal long enough for the dispenser to reload:

Obviously if you want it to be high for the duration of the timer and then revert to low, you just take the outputs to the gate from before the inverter and change the AND for an OR gate. This is different to the normal 5 minute timers in that it doesn't suffer from the power glitch at each 5 minute interval.
Posted Image

[ liteloader ] [ YouTube ] [ Twitter @therealeq2 ] [ voxelmodpack.com ]