Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft for BlackBerry?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Ferretroses
  • Minecraft: Ferretroses

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:51 PM

I have Minecraft on my Android phone but I want it on my BlackBerry Playbook. Will a version be developed for App World?

Register or log in to remove.

nleiknl
    nleiknl

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:28 AM

View PostFerretroses, on 29 December 2011 - 11:51 PM, said:

I have Minecraft on my Android phone but I want it on my BlackBerry Playbook. Will a version be developed for App World?

Dont thinki so because amost all bb phones atm are very slow and not many people have the playbook
Posted Image

Urici
    Urici

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

the video card of a BB couldnt even handle pokemon fire-red so i dont think its going to happen
Posted Image
"tech happens"

hee4ever
  • Minecraft: shanem45

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

a blackberry is a terrible phone for games

TERRIBLE

Lamitie11

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

Agreed.^
I guarantee with my life that it will NEVER COME TO BLACKBERRY. EVER.
Hell, fire red, the video card can't even handle Pokemon Crystal.

My Mom has a BB Torch and all she can play is Bejeweled and Solitare, and even then it's laggy as hell.

HUNT3RProductions216
  • Minecraft: NmExHunTeRz

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

Blackberry = Overpriced, Bad Hardware & Only Good Thing Is BBM.

Source: Blackberry Curve 8520 Owner (I don't really care much about phones)

BTW Guys if your blackberry is slowing down my bro showed me this cool trick which deletes its cache I think or somethink like that and it speeds it up as if it was brand new :D But sadly I don't know what he did to it and he's on holiday.

nerfman100
  • Minecraft: nerfman100

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

View Posthee4ever, on 01 January 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

a blackberry is a terrible phone for games

TERRIBLE
He's talking about the tablet. The Playbook is a tablet.

WhatTheMinecraft
  • Minecraft: cheeseguy64

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

Every time I see someone playing a game on a BlackBerry, it makes me want to break down in tears and die.
Y'arr, I'm now a pirate. The powers of the imagination never cease to amaze me.

VegBerg
    VegBerg

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Minecraft: VegBerg

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:46 AM

View Postnerfman100, on 01 January 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

He's talking about the tablet. The Playbook is a tablet.
However, BlackBerry is mainly a OS for phones... So it's kinda the same...
There's not much difference between my Xperia Play, and a Galaxy Tab.... Main difference is the controls (On Play) and big screen (on Tab).
Posted Image

Youqi
    Youqi

Carpenter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Minecraft: Youqi

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

Guys... He's talking about the BlackBerry Playbook, which can handle 3D games stun as Earth and Legend (idk what it's called).
Nevermind, already told >.<
Posted Image Click the egg :D

sshake
    sshake

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:12 AM

lol people dont like to read carefully I guess??

the PLAYBOOK's hardware is beefy and more than capable of playing anything thats currently on android or ios. Just as an example all games by gameloft and others are available on all three platforms.

I would love to see minecraft on the playbook and it should be easy to take on this additional platform.

There two options here:

Playbook is posix so it should be pretty simple to do native port to it.
Else playbook has an android player, so that should be an even easier task.

I tried to get MC running on my playbook through android player but the particular build I tried wouldn't work.

It occurs to me that minecraft is written in java and I'm not sure if there's a JRE for playbook or the android player. Playbooks market penetration has increased significantly since it was on sale over the holidays (up from barely to somewhat :P). It doesn't suck and there are many cross platform apps, you have to trust and ignore the bad press. I like it much better than my android tablet.

RichardParty

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:19 AM

Not for BB
dbmc.tk - Member of The Dark Brotherhood -  the most elite anti-griefing clan

VinexNike
  • Minecraft: VinexNike

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:06 AM

Blackberry isn't very popular with all the Google phones, Androids, iPhones, etc. Plus introducing all the tablets and everything, I don't think so.
Posted Image

Skezyl
    Skezyl

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Minecraft: Skezyl

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Devices this "application" is not compatible with:

Samsung Galaxy Q
Alcatel One Touch 990 (Will not install.)
HTC ChaCha
HTC Aria
HTC Legend (Will not install.)
HTC Dream / G1
HTC Gratia A6380
HTC Hero
HTC MyTouch 3G Slide
HTC Salsa C510e
HTC Touch Pro 2 (XDANDROID)
HTC Wildfire
HTC Wildfire S
LG Ally
LG Optimus 2X speed (P990)
LG Optimus One P500
LG Optimus Me P350
LG Optimus Link/Net (P690)
LG Optimus GT540
LG Optimus V (and others of the family, excluding 2X and Black)
LG Optimus Chat C555
LG Pheonix
LG P-500h
Motorola Backflip (MB300 / Motus)
Motorola Cliq XT/Quench (Stock rom and every other custom rom)
Samsung Acclaim SCH-R880 (Will not install on stock. Not tested with root, overclocking, custom ROMS, etc.)
Samsung Moment
Samsung Galaxy Ace (S5830)
Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660
Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M
Samsung Galaxy Europa i550
Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570
Samsung Galaxy i5500
Samsung Galaxy i5700 Spica
Samsung Galaxy i5800
Samsung Galaxy Precedent
Samsung Galaxy 10.1 (gt-7500)
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8
Sprint Samsung SPH-M910
Telstra LGE LG-P350 (LG Optimus Me (P350))
Telstra T-Touch Tab
T-Mobile LGE E720 (LG Optimus Chic)
ZTE Skate / Orange Monte Carlo
ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco
ZTE N720 / Orange Barcelona
Huawei U8110
Huawei Ideos X3 (U8150)
Huawei U8300
Huawei Ascend
Huawei Sonic (Won't install)

Hope this helped.
"+" If my post helped you in anyway!

500 Internal Server Error
  • Minecraft: zhuowei

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

View Postsshake, on 13 January 2012 - 04:12 AM, said:

I tried to get MC running on my playbook through android player but the particular build I tried wouldn't work.
Sadly, the PlayBook's Android emulation does not work for Android native apps that are written in C/C++ instead of Java, such as Minecraft, because it runs on top of the QNX kernel instead of a Linux one.

I would love to see Pocket Edition for the PlayBook. I agree that it probably would not take much time for them to port it over, as it also uses OpenGL ES for its graphics API.

warlordluke

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostWhatTheMinecraft, on 02 January 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Every time I see someone playing a game on a BlackBerry, it makes me want to break down in tears and die.

True I had a play on the tablet and even that is just shocking (in a bad way) BB phones and tablets are made for buisness imo.
Posted Image

tHeiR1sH
    tHeiR1sH

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

View Postnleiknl, on 30 December 2011 - 12:28 AM, said:

Dont thinki so because amost all bb phones atm are very slow and not many people have the playbook

You might want to check your sources before you throw a comment like that around.  Current gen BlackBerry hardware decent and more people than you realize have a Playbook.

nleiknl
    nleiknl

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

View PosttHeiR1sH, on 21 January 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

You might want to check your sources before you throw a comment like that around.  Current gen BlackBerry hardware decent and more people than you realize have a Playbook.

Dude so many people have the bb curve, bold and torch and they are all si slow... Mojang won't make mc for bb playbook only lol
Posted Image

DemonCrusher36

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostHUNT3RProductions216, on 01 January 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

Blackberry = Overpriced, Bad Hardware & Only Good Thing Is BBM.

Source: Blackberry Curve 8520 Owner (I don't really care much about phones)

BTW Guys if your blackberry is slowing down my bro showed me this cool trick which deletes its cache I think or somethink like that and it speeds it up as if it was brand new :D But sadly I don't know what he did to it and he's on holiday.
I use to own a BB curve 8520 as well....

Best game on it was brickbreaker... Then i got a HTC sense XL.

Basiclly, no.. minecraft wont be going to blackberry.
If you want to think about playing games, get a android/IOS.

@Daylight: Your full of shit, BB isnt for "poor people who cant afford to text" , there for people who dont use loads of games/apps and have the practicality of a basic phone, but with business features, now get back to your south east london slum.

Posted Image

Saiga1240

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:36 AM

View Postdaylight95, on 22 January 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

You're fucking retarded. BlackBerrys are for poor people who can't afford to text so they have to use that BBM shit and they are old technology and can only run angry birds on the high end shit. (High end for BlackBerry I mean)

Are you serious? So you think all of the business people or celebrities just can't afford SMS plans so they use a BB. Look at this,  It's a survey that suggests BlackBerry owners are the wealthiest segment of smartphone owners. lol You have to look past your own uses.  Not everyone in the world uses a smartphone for the same things.  Not everyone has a smartphone just for entertainment while they are taking a crap ya know.

Like Eric Schmidt for example who has used BlackBerry phones for years. Even after Android came out he still used a BlackBerry. He has been photographed with one several times. He currently has a Bold 9900. Not a Nexus. Some people actually use their phone for communications. For that you can't get any better than a BlackBerry. If you have no one to talk too then yea a BB is a horrible choice for phone.

Also how is the new BlackBerry devices old technology? The Bold 9900 was one of the very first phones to have NFC and actually have it be useful for something. Have you made a credit card payment using NFC from your phone? I have.  Using an old technology BlackBerry. I can't do that with my lagtastic wifi only Droid Bionic. Or my ipod touch. But I can with the old outdated BlackBerry. lol

Not to mention the PlayBook is powerful enough to launch and close Android 2.3.3 like it was a fart app.  I do it everyday. Push a icon and Android OS pops up. Swipe up and it closes.  Let's see Android launch the micro kernel QNX OS like that. It simply can't be done because of Android's use of monolithic Linux Kernel.  QNX is what powers a large portion of the internet among many other things.  You ever go to youtube? Do you use Twitter or do you ever search with Google? Well all of that traffic is handle with the same old technology that is powering the PlayBook right now. It also powers the 9-1-1 system, the international space station, tanks and drone air craft that are in use right now in a couple of wars, QNX is in use on the surface of Mars right now. But it's old tech? :rolleyes: