• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

MultiCraft VS MCMyAdmin

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

FreeMineCraftServers

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

One of our companies is going to start offering MineCraft Servers. We have finished acquiring all our servers, and are now looking at MultiCraft vs. MCMyAdmin. Can anyone share their opinion on which they like better and why?
FreeMineCraftServers.com
Limited Supply

Register or log in to remove.

fm87
    fm87

Beyond the Horizon

• Members
  • 22016 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

View PostFreeMineCraftServers, on 29 December 2011 - 05:13 PM, said:

One of our companies is going to start offering MineCraft Servers. We have finished acquiring all our servers, and are now looking at MultiCraft vs. MCMyAdmin. Can anyone share their opinion on which they like better and why?
I'm curious as to what kind of hardware you are running, and how you plan on getting all of this to work.

FreeMineCraftServers

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

View Postfm87, on 29 December 2011 - 05:24 PM, said:

I'm curious as to what kind of hardware you are running, and how you plan on getting all of this to work.

We will be running Quad Core Servers with 32GB RAM each. We have staff that will be running the VM Farm and multiple data centers that we will be running out of.
FreeMineCraftServers.com
Limited Supply

fm87
    fm87

Beyond the Horizon

• Members
  • 22016 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

View PostFreeMineCraftServers, on 29 December 2011 - 05:27 PM, said:

We will be running Quad Core Servers with 32GB RAM each. We have staff that will be running the VM Farm and multiple data centers that we will be running out of.
How do you plan on affording the bandwidth? Consumer grade lines have nowhere near enough upload to support that kind of stress.

At a minimum you're looking at a couple thousand or more a month at cost.

FreeMineCraftServers

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

View Postfm87, on 29 December 2011 - 05:29 PM, said:

How do you plan on affording the bandwidth? Consumer grade lines have nowhere near enough upload to support that kind of stress.

At a minimum you're looking at a couple thousand or more a month at cost.

We have financial backing and investors. We will eventually be offering paid plans as well. Our plan is to start off with  several cabinets of gear and expand as we need. We have members including myself who have been in the hosting industry for 11 years and we have negotiated great terms on bandwidth with multiple carriers and our datacenters also offer a great blended mesh.
FreeMineCraftServers.com
Limited Supply

fm87
    fm87

Beyond the Horizon

• Members
  • 22016 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

View PostFreeMineCraftServers, on 29 December 2011 - 05:41 PM, said:

We have financial backing and investors. We will eventually be offering paid plans as well. Our plan is to start off with  several cabinets of gear and expand as we need. We have members including myself who have been in the hosting industry for 11 years and we have negotiated great terms on bandwidth with multiple carriers and our datacenters also offer a great blended mesh.
Sounds like a good setup.

As for the question, I'm not entirely sure. I've had good results in both (this should really be posted in server administration, I'm sure a mod can move it soon).

FreeMineCraftServers

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

View Postfm87, on 29 December 2011 - 05:54 PM, said:

Sounds like a good setup.

As for the question, I'm not entirely sure. I've had good results in both (this should really be posted in server administration, I'm sure a mod can move it soon).

I posted it in software just since it was a software, but definately. Thanks for your feedback.
FreeMineCraftServers.com
Limited Supply

B0T3X1N
    B0T3X1N

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Minecraft: B0T3X1N

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

TCAdmin, 3. option :D

TheFieldZy
    TheFieldZy

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4030 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

I wouldn't know about multicraft, my server uses McMyAdmin, but I would start looking at SpaceBukkit as well. McMyAdmin is amazing. Out of curiosity, do you plan to do a VPS or shared hosting setup? Or a combo of a VPS with minecraft already isntalled on it?
Computer Parts Guide
Thinking about coming a mod to simply not moderate.

jefe
    jefe

Creamymin

• Forum Admin
  • 16135 posts
  • Minecraft: jefe323

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

out of those two options, I personally prefer McMyAdmin.  The interface is much cleaner and is much more user friendly IMO

teqx
    teqx

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1602 posts
  • Minecraft: teqx

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

McMyAdmin has my vote, its clean, smooth, and easy to use, my co-owner was amazed when he went from Multiplay's control panel to McMyAdmin, pretty much everything is self-explanatory, anyone with an IQ above room temperature can work with this.

FreeMineCraftServers

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:35 AM

Thank you guys so much for the feedback so far. We are planning to do a VPS setup so that users will have true dedicated resources.
FreeMineCraftServers.com
Limited Supply