• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Myko
    Myko

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:09 AM

Does fortune enchant help with mining glowstone?  I tried it on a couple blocks of glow stone and it yielded 4 glowstone most of the time, and 3 the others.  I didn't see the block drop 2 or 5 glowstone dust.

Register or log in to remove.

1500lego

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:14 AM

get the silk touch enchantment youll get the whole block

StarshadesJack
  • Minecraft: StarshadesJack

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:20 AM

Fortune does help with glowstone dust. It helps with anything that drops an item as opposed to itself (i.e. redstone, coal, glowstone, diamond, lapis, etc).

Fortune I just has a rather low yield. The results are more noticeable with Fortune II or Fortune III.
Founder of and lead game developer at Team Mokyuu, doodler-artist, professional eccentric weirdo!
I am also on the YouTubes! Click banner to go to my channel? :)
Posted Image

earthshope
  • Minecraft: Earthshope

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:21 AM

You will not be able to duplicate the glowstone (IE getting 5+ dust), but you will more commonly get 4 dust instead of 3 or 2.
If I helped, click the (+) button!
Check out the first test of Hasbro's new LOPC!
Posted Image

Yuni
    Yuni

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • Minecraft: Teraku

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

In 1.0.0, they fixed Fortune and Glowstone so you can't duplicate it by getting more than 4 dust from 1 block. The only effect Fortune has on Glowstone is that you have an increased chance of getting 4 dust.
If it's tainted, blow it up. If taint persists, blow it up again.

AzemOcram
    AzemOcram

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3170 posts
  • Minecraft: AzemOcram

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

Is there a mod that makes it so that you could get up to 5 glowstone dust from glowstone using fortune? I think it is stupid that high levels of fortune enchantment still slowly whittles away at your reserves, pretty much forcing you to switch to creative mode.
Posted Image

Always do your best and you will always be better than the best in my eyes.

rodabon
    rodabon

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7187 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

View PostAzemOcram, on 18 January 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Is there a mod that makes it so that you could get up to 5 glowstone dust from glowstone using fortune? I think it is stupid that high levels of fortune enchantment still slowly whittles away at your reserves, pretty much forcing you to switch to creative mode.

Why don't you just use a mod like TMI or Single Player Commands then?  It sounds like you're playing survival but don't care about being legit, so why not? :blink:
Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
by c0yote  

I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
Stupid 3D..