• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][Forge] SimpleOres 2 by AleXndrTheGr8st (SSP & SMP)

simple alexndrthegr8st simpleores more ores ores more

• Please log in to reply
3099 replies to this topic

AleXndrTheGr8st

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:45 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Over 440,000 Downloads!

A great SimpleOres 2 review! Thanks to BioMasterZap!

Posted Image
  • Version 1.3.0 is now out.
  • Huge number of changes. Netherrocks is also now a plugin, so it requires SimpleOres. Check the changelogs for details.
  • Almost all info has been moved to the wiki. As such, that will be the main location for stats, details etc. It's still a WIP, so missing images and whatnot are expected.
  • Version 1.3.2 just released, fixed a number of bugs.
Posted Image
SimpleOres started as a small mod I created mostly for myself. It was my first serious mod, and for me, it was more about learning new things. As SimpleOres' popularity grew, it became apparent why people found the mod so attractive: it was extremely balanced, more so than any other ore mod at the time. Along with a growing popularity, SimpleOres' feature list began to grow too, totaling to 5 ores, the tools and armor associated with those, and a number of other small features.

In July of 2013, I decided it was time to take the next step with SimpleOres 2. Despite striking out against the idea of its name somewhat, I added in a "Fusion" system to the mod, which allowed the creation of 3 alloys. A heap of other new features were added, some simply cosmetic. The mod got bigger, and possibly more complicated, but hopefully it will still be fairly easy to just jump in and play. Many of the recipes follow the style of Vanilla recipes, and nothing drastically changes the feel of the game, being more of an extension rather than a makeover.

Please, play with the mod and feel free to leave a reply Posted Image

Posted Image
There are three download options: one with all plugins included, one with only the Fusion plugin included, and one only with the core SimpleOres 2 mod. Choose the one that suits you. The plugins can also be found separately in the plugins section. SimpleOres 2 will now also tell you when there is an update available, so you can always be using the best version of SimpleOres Posted Image Old SimpleOres 2 Downloads. (Old SimpleOres 1 Downloads)
Posted Image
Posted Image
To install both the Client and Server versions of SimpleOres 2, please read the instructions in the spoiler below. If something went wrong, try again and make sure you don't miss ANY steps.
Spoiler: Click to see Install instructions
Posted Image
Many of the SimpleOres settings can be changed to suit your needs, from ID's to spawn rates, even the language and some other unique settings. To learn how to do so, read the instructions in the spoiler below.
Spoiler: Click to see Config instructions
Posted Image
SimpleOres Wikia!

All information about SimpleOres 2 and the official plugins can now be found on the wiki. This includes recipes, stats, effects, etc. The wiki is still a WIP though, so there missing images, dead links, etc. are expected.

Posted Image
Below are the official SimpleOres 2 Plugins, made by myself. There are also unofficial plugins. Plugin discussion has its own thread, so if you are wishing to develop a plugin for SimpleOres 2 please do so at the SimpleOres 2 Plugin Development Thread. Any plugin development questions asked here will be ignored.

Official:
Spoiler:
Unofficial:
Spoiler:
Posted Image
There are alternate textures for SimpleOres, some of which can be found on the Alternate Textures thread. However, most, if not all, are not updated to the 1.6 format. The thread needs revamping, so I will get to it soon.

Posted Image
Mod Reviews:
Spoiler:
Banners:
You can support SimpleOres by using one of these banners in your signature:
Spoiler:
Changelogs:
SimpleOres 2:
Spoiler:
Fusion Plugin:
Spoiler:
Netherrocks:
Spoiler:
Modders & Mod Pack Developers:
Spoiler:

Translations:
SimpleOres 2 and all official plugins support integrated localisations. This means that more translations can be easily added, and are used when you switch the Minecraft language (provided there is a SimpleOres 2 translation available for that language). Below are the currently support translations. Please feel free to translate it into your preferred language and send it to me if it doesn't already exist.

SimpleOres 2
Spoiler:
Fusion Plugin
Spoiler:
Netherrocks
Spoiler:
If you want to offer a translation, please feel free to do so Posted Image I will add it to the mod and include it in the list "assets/langs". It MUST be UTF-8.

Source Code:
Since SimpleOres 2 and all official plugins are OpenSource now, you can find all the source here: SimpleOres GitHub.

The only thing left to say is a huge thank you, to all of you. To all the players of this mod, to those who offered feed back, helped with bugs, and to those who (mostly unknowingly) aided me with any Java issues I got stuck on. Thank you to Mojang for creating the game, thank you to the MCP team, and thank you to the Forge team!

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

minecraft_animator

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:57 AM

how about brass?

AleXndrTheGr8st

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:12 AM

View Postminecraft_animator, on 29 December 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

how about brass?
I suppose I could have it, but silver and copper were created to bridge the gaps between cloth and iron, and iron and diamond respectively. Where would brass go? :P

Posted Image

threehill

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:07 AM

silver looks to much like iron

Dragonchampion
  • Minecraft: Dragonchampion

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:37 AM

The copper and silver textures look like they were stolen from Metallurgy. Just wanted to point that out.
Posted Image
I am a Dragon, writing the tale of the world that has been, will be, and is. Due to the forum having a URL restriction, if you wish to see my full list of work, please refer to my signature in the now-dead TGO forums Here: http://thegoldenorde...server-downtime

mitchellgud

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

Great simple mod if you are bored with ordinary ores. Although i think copper is a bit too common and excessive. I seem to find it every minute or so. and the veins of copper are huge. I literally just found a vein of copper that had 73 COPPER ORE!!! Other than that though its a mod that makes gives Minecraft a bit more of a goal. Looking forward to future mod improvements and updates!

Slimjim0617
  • Minecraft: Slimjim0617

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

how about brass?

You know that's an alloy of copper and zinc right? Wouldn't make sense for it to be an ore.

Posted Image

MR.Mod
    MR.Mod

Carpenter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Minecraft: Sukh80

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

Maybe add Mithril the 3rd ore

so

Copper
Silver
Mithril (blue colour)
Posted Image

jakalina
  • Minecraft: Zaboe04

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

I am about to do a mod review
If you want to watch minecraft and other games check out my channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZaboeGames

frigidas1

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

All the ores mods are almost the same  :Notch:

jakalina
  • Minecraft: Zaboe04

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

If you want to watch minecraft and other games check out my channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZaboeGames

BarX
    BarX

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

I like this mod, simple, compatible with things, helpful.

However, I found a bug. The Onyx Shovel isn't really a shovel, it's a pickaxe, haha. Just so you know.

Adding this mod to favourites. Thank you.
Posted Image

Firespar
    Firespar

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Minecraft: LimitsofLife

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

Very nice! I love ore mods like this, and this one doesn't seem to have any major problems.

A few small bugs, however...

Onyx Ore drops an Onyx Ore block, not an Onyx Ore gem, I don't know if that's intentional or not. Right now, you need to smelt the ore block to get the gem.

What the user above said is also true

You can't parry with the swords.

Make ore storage blocks!

Once again, great mod. :)

R.I.P. Jim Carroll

He was my friend and he died, died!

Marlyie123
  • Minecraft: marlyie

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:06 AM

titanium

Posted Image

urbanwave

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:28 AM

Are you planning on developing this for survival multiplayer?

AleXndrTheGr8st

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:50 AM

Wow this got a lot of views and comments extrememly quick. Thanks for all the feedback guys, I had thought no one was interested.

Okay so to "mitchellgud" you really found 73 copper? Wow. And yes, I have tweaked the spawn rate of copper in v1.1, which will be coming soon.

"Firespar", I did make the Onyx like that on purpose but have also changed it to a bar for v1.1. Have also added the storage blocks for v1.1 :P

"BarX" thankyou for letting me know, will fix it for v1.1 :P

"frigidas1", what do you expect? We add ores tools armor. I tried to add a no falling damage effect when you wear full onyx armor, but I can't seem to get it to work with Minecraft 1.0.0 so I cut it out.

"MR.Mod" I was going to add tin, but mithril is a much better idea, thankyou :)

"threehill" I am redoing all the textures for v1.1 to keep them consistent, as I also have to add in the hoes.

"Dragonchampion" I have never even looked at metallurgy, I did these myself with paint.net ahahah :P they are just hue/saturation edits of the diamond ore.

"urbanwave" I may be developing it for SMP, I just don't know how to do that yet. May look into it after the release of v1.1.

Thanks for supporting this guys, v1.1 will be along soon now that I have some motivation to update it :)

Also, what do you think of a new block called a Disassembler? I was thinking you could use it to pull apart certain items (swords) into different parts, and then another block called a Reassembler, which you can then assemble those parts back in different ways to make better items. like a sword made of 3 different parts of different swords. Rather than just crafting 3 swords to make a more powerful one. What do you guys think? It wont be coming for v1.1 at any rate, if I look into it.

Thanks once again guys :D

Posted Image

AleXndrTheGr8st

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

View Postjakalina, on 01 January 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Thankyou for that review :) do you think you could do one for version 1.1, even though it would only add a few extra things, however then I can put it in the main post? That would be awesome if you did :)

And btw, onyx only spawns in the nether :P I'm pretty sure I said that in the original post hahaha :P

Thankyou :)

Posted Image

MrJoeBob12345

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:15 AM

Nice looking mod!

dawsonn007
  • Minecraft: dawsonn007

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

how about brass?
brass is an alloy which means its a mix of metals and thats not natural ore its man/woman made :)
Proffesor Orange[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ[/media]

AleXndrTheGr8st

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

Version 1.1 is up guys, check the changelog (I added one :o) for info, I hope you all enjoy v1.1, its probably a more refined version :P

Thanks to anyone who supports this :)

Oh and im still waiting for a banner/signature somebody... *twiddles thumbs*

Posted Image