Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How did you come up with your forum name?


  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: How did you come up with your forum name? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

How did you decide your forum name?

  1. I thought long and hard. (16 votes [32.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 32.00%

  2. I really didn't care. (11 votes [22.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.00%

  3. It's my Minecraft game tag. (23 votes [46.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 46.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1

The_Appollyon
  • Location: NOTW
  • Minecraft: You really want to know?

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:33 PM

This is how my forum name came about.

(When I was thinking about what it should be, in my school work I was studying the Bible. To be more specific, it was Revelation.) My brain was grinding and grinding, trying to think of a name; with no success, I tried to catch up with my homework. Then I came upon the word Appollyon, looking at the foot note, it said it meant destroyer or destruction. I thought it was and sounded awesome, and I thought that was that. The next day, I was answering a series of questions, and it asked me to look for a dictionary definition for Appollyon. Doing so, I learned that it meant Satan or the angle of the bottomless pit; it also meant the previous definitions. I still like the name and I am only going to think of it as the destroyer or destruction.

So, how did yours come around?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Therevrend
  • Location: everywhere
  • Minecraft: therevrent

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

A drummer's stage name for the band Avenged Sevenfold.  He died :C
War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.
The good people die, and so do the bad ones, but the weak people, like me, we have inherited the earth.

#3

jarrendirk12334455

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

well mine is my minecraft name but with numbers at the end.
Posted Image

#4

pensfan29

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

These guys:

Posted Image

#5

misterfox0
  • Location: Harleysville, Pemmsylvania

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

The name Mister Fox comes from the old English Fairy Tale "The Robber Bridegroom".
Search for it sometime, it's really creepy...


Also, my name is used as an entire online identity (I have a fake address, email, social security number and credit card that go with the name).

Quote

I didnt see it either but I geuss its true

#6

MajorStar
  • Location: Birmingham, UK
  • Minecraft: MajorStar

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

I think there's an identical thread out there somewhere! I like the name Appollyon though. I'm not a Christian but I think Revelations is pretty groovy.
Hi kids! Do you like violence? Wanna see me stick Nine Inch Nails through each one of my eyelids?
Wanna copy me and do exactly like I did? Try 'cid and get fucked up worse than my life is? - Eminem

#7

Kertov
    Kertov

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 895 posts
  • Location: under a pencil
  • Minecraft: kertov

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

Its my Minecraft name I just made it up

#8

Sparkydefay

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

View PostThe_Appollyon, on 28 December 2011 - 11:33 PM, said:

This is how my forum name came about.

(When I was thinking about what it should be, in my school work I was studying the Bible. To be more specific, it was Revelation.) My brain was grinding and grinding, trying to think of a name; with no success, I tried to catch up with my homework. Then I came upon the word Appollyon, looking at the foot note, it said it meant destroyer or destruction. I thought it was and sounded awesome, and I thought that was that. The next day, I was answering a series of questions, and it asked me to look for a dictionary definition for Appollyon. Doing so, I learned that it meant Satan or the angle of the bottomless pit; it also meant the previous definitions. I still like the name and I am only going to think of it as the destroyer or destruction.
So, how did yours come around?

My nick name IRL is sparky, and one day i found out about minecraft, so then i was trying to find out my name. So i took my nickname and put it in a generator, and came up with sparkydefay, and then this was also used for youtube!
"Whenever i go to bed i think mobs will spawn" Said Sparkydefay

#9

Shmurkle
    Shmurkle

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 639 posts
  • Location: Georgia, USA
  • Minecraft: Shmurkle

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

My forum name is my Minecraft name. Back a long time ago, I needed a username for a random game. So I started saying gibberish to myself until I came up with it ;D

For some reason there's a guy on youtube with my same name except all lowercase ._.

View Post1500lego, on 04 January 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

i hate adfly and no one likes it

#10

Wolf_359
    Wolf_359

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 948 posts
  • Location: Combine Overworld

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

I was thinking about the Battle of Wolf 359, so I went with that.
Intelligence is not one and the same with knowledge.

#11

The_Appollyon
  • Location: NOTW
  • Minecraft: You really want to know?

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

View Postmisterfox0, on 28 December 2011 - 11:36 PM, said:

The name Mister Fox comes from the old English Fairy Tale "The Robber Bridegroom".
Search for it sometime, it's really creepy...


Also, my name is used as an entire online identity (I have a fake address, email, social security number and credit card that go with the name).

Wow, that is a little to much info right there.
Posted Image

#12

Abyssal_Mononoke
  • Location: Searching through the Capital of Shinjuku for the King of Etria.
  • Minecraft: Quadraxis52

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

Abyssal is a reference to the abyssal group of fictional creatures in my favorite video game Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City and Mononoke is a reference to the movie that I am completely obsessed with, Princess Mononoke. Mononoke also means spirit so my name means Abyssal Spirit.
Posted Image

#13

The_Appollyon
  • Location: NOTW
  • Minecraft: You really want to know?

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:47 PM

View PostMajorStar, on 28 December 2011 - 11:36 PM, said:

I think there's an identical thread out there somewhere! I like the name Appollyon though. I'm not a Christian but I think Revelations is pretty groovy.


Thank you. And yes, Revelation is a very "groovy" book.
Posted Image

#14

Foul_Ole_Ron
  • Location: Southern Quebec. No, North Carolina! No wait, I live in my hermit cave. Actually, I'm not a hermit, I live in Scotland.
  • Minecraft: Zanyfeet

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

I thought long and hard about what I wanted to name my acount and decided on the name of a beggar from Ankh-Morpork.
Toasted crustaceans!

#15

Homem Pigman
  • Location: Missile Launch Base

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:51 PM

My name means Man Pigman. It comes from an old joke of mine (redundant name), but with "pig" added in.

Posted Image


#16

kernymi
    kernymi

    Farlander

  • Members
  • 16938 posts
  • Location: Mostly There
  • Minecraft: kernymi

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

My forum name is from my username. 'Nuff said.
:iapprove:

Posted Image

Whelp.


#17

The_Appollyon
  • Location: NOTW
  • Minecraft: You really want to know?

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:57 PM

View PostFoul_Ole_Ron, on 28 December 2011 - 11:49 PM, said:

I thought long and hard about what I wanted to name my acount and decided on the name of a beggar from Ankh-Morpork.

That came from The Color of Magic, didn't it? Great movie and cool name.
Posted Image

#18

Squidling

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:45 AM

Ok, this is gonna be long and hard, so listen up.
Spoiler:

Posted Image


#19

Sushiirull
  • Minecraft: Sushiirull

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:39 AM

See...


I really, really, like sushi.


#20

Travis
    Travis

    Forum/Wiki Sponsor

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 17744 posts
  • Location: United Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:46 AM

I thought long and hard about using my first name.
Posted Image