ovos rustic handmade noisy redemption 64x64 resource pack natural 1.7.x 1.6.x

• Please log in to reply
4942 replies to this topic

RusticRedemption

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Posted Image

NOTE: Do not send PMs to the RusticRedemption Account, instead just post in the topic, or send a pm to LoardVader, Apachey, and/or Pythros! Thank you for your co-operation!

Posted Image

About!
This is the continuation thread for Ovo's rustic pack, now slowly being completed by the community. I will try to keep this post updated as people submit textures. Find Ovo's original post HERE!  All PMC traffic has been redirect to this thread. Ovo has let me know that he is currently done working on textures for good, along with playing Minecraft. However, he did say that he will try keep his PMC page updated with what we release.

Posted Image

Download!
The MCPatcher and/or Optifine are no longer needed (as of 1.5) to make this pack work.  If you do want the extra features (CTM, Custom Colors etc.) Then you need either MCPatcher or Optifine.  Again, they are not required to use this texture pack.

Minecraft Customizer!
The customizer has not yet been updated to the new texture pack form at, but when it is we will update the pack on there to allow for easier customization.

v1.1.4 for 1.7.X

v1.0.2 for 1.6.X

v3.2.2 for 1.5.X

v3.0.5 for 1.4.X

Posted Image

Change-log!

2014-03-12 - 1.1.4
- Added flower textures. [Allium, Houstonia, Oxeye Daisy, syringa]
- Added base horse textures.
- Added slime block
- Added new stone and smooth stone textures
- Updated widgets.png
- Other small changes

Its gone Jim! sorting through all the broken code, i cant seem to find the change-logs anywhere!, anything after the 1.4 pack will not have a change-log unless someone has it backed up somewhere D: not a major loss but oh well.

Posted Image

Spoiler: Screenshots!

Posted Image

Permissions!
Even though Ovocean basically gave permission for people to use his textures for people to use to continue on their own flavor, it cannot be said the same for those who have contributed to Redemption.  You MUST ask permission within this thread or you will be reported! Do not PM us for permission as it will be ignored or you will be told to post your request in this thread.

This community thread and texture pack are maintained by Apachey, LoardVader,and Pythros.
Spoiler: Permissions!

Posted Image

To Contributors!
To any and all texture-ers, feel free to post your contributions to the pack at anytime, and provide feedback on current or submitted textures as you feel fit.

Here's Ovo's pack style in his words:

"The best description I can make of the style I was going for is by showing what's already done. But in a wordier manner, I would say It's inspired by nature, hand-made stuff and fantasy; relatively simple and round shapes with a few details; colourful yet not too saturated ; no flat colour plastic looking stuff/always have a bit of natural grain."

Mod Support!
Here are all the mods that are supported by the resource pack at this time.

Spoiler: Mods!

Posted Image

Pocket Edition!
Looking for Pocket Edition? JacquesRemy has converted this pack over for us! Their thread is over here!
OVO'S RUSTIC PACK: REDEMPTION FOR ANDROID

Posted Image

Image Vault!
Don't like the default choice or your favorite image isn't in the Customizer? Check out the Vault for other alternatives that haven't had their brightness fixed or aren't downloaded enough to be in the Customizer.

Rustic Redemption Image Vault

Images are located in their respected folder as it were if it was in minecraft.jar.
(Google Drive) -- Click on open folder to view contents as a thumbnail. If you can a weird error when trying to download from the link above, you have third-party cookies blocked in Chrome like myself, Pythros. You will need to add an exception. To do so, go to Settings\;Privacy\Content Settings\Manage Exceptions under Cookies and add [*.]googleusercontent.com, then press OK.

If you find any errors in naming or missing credits, send a PM to LoardVader describing what is wrong and he will fix the problem. But please follow this guideline to make it easier to understand the problem!

Spoiler: Image Vault Error

Posted Image

Credits!
Ovo's original credits:
JohnSmith for the water and lava animations.
Ghost2 for the HD paintings re-composition.
Someone unknown, Misa, Sumpumpolis, XSSheep, Ovocean for the font.
Misa, we are currently using some of her buffs and de-buffs textures as place holders.

Requested Mod Support!
For any texture makers that are bored, there is a (expanding) list of mods that people have asked we support!  The idea here is that if your bored, you can pick something off the list, and get 'er done!  Just post on what mod you chose to do support here, and well put your name next to it.  That's just to keep from too many people from doing the same mod.

Edited by RusticRedemption, 12 March 2014 - 07:44 PM.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

TheAdventureTime
  • Minecraft: TheXLoligX

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

thank you very good.

Posted Image

Dterer
    Dterer

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Minecraft: Dterer

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:56 PM

Awesome! I was disappointed when Ovo left his pack... Hopefully this will get updated quickly :P

Sinner2784

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

View Postjames27, on 28 December 2011 - 10:36 PM, said:

by Sinner2784
Posted Image

this is not made by me
its from a texturepack i cant remember anymore
used by me for my personal ovo rustic texturepack mix

this should be only an inspiration for the talented people continuing ovos work

please remove it ... thx
Posted Image

Psychotic

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

View PostSinner2784, on 29 December 2011 - 12:23 AM, said:

this is not made by me
its from a texturepack i cant remember anymore
used by me for my personal ovo rustic texturepack mix

this should be only an inspiration for the talented people continuing ovos work

please remove it ... thx

Done, sorry for the mix up.
"With each sip, a moment forever banished"

Isthecakereallyalie?

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:33 AM

So, it's like Dokucraft: The Saga Continues?
Cake's a lie. G'night.

Cloelia
    Cloelia

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

Oh my, great to see Ovo's work continued! Ovo's Rustic is one of my favorite texture packs... Thank you so much :)

dispereo

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:19 AM

Cool stuff. I'd host the files on my server, if that's any help? Probably better than all these random file hosters with adverts and a dozen pop-ups! :)

Unfortunately I'm not really good in designing, so that's the only thing I could offer. :(

Actually, you also might want to add download links and some information Ovo used under "features" (like using MCPatcher before activating the TexturePack) and a couple of screenshots.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
(Mark Twain)

AmbigramMan
  • Minecraft: AmbigramMan

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

Hello all. Really sad to see Ovo go, this is my favorite texture pack by far! Anyway, I've made a version of Gl0u0m's enchantment table for the purple obsidian, and I'm trying to color the corners to a good diamond color as well. Its not quite done yet, and I'll repost when I finish it.

Here is the purple enchanting table (I'll make it for the plain top alt too if you want):
Posted Image

Posted Image

white_noise

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:28 AM

I'd join this work if I'd didn't start my own pack. Ovo's Rustic was my favorite. And unlikely I'd even think of making new pack if Ovo's was finished.

Posted Image

AmbigramMan
  • Minecraft: AmbigramMan

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:36 AM

Ok, I finished the other enchantment table edit I was working on, with the diamond corners. I'm not entirely satisfied with it, but my sister thinks its good, so I went ahead and uploaded it. I also have a quick enderdragon egg I made from Ovo's obsidian, looks fairly decent in-game. Tell me what you think of them!

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Psychotic

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:43 AM

View PostAmbigramMan, on 29 December 2011 - 05:36 AM, said:

Ok, I finished the other enchantment table edit I was working on, with the diamond corners. I'm not entirely satisfied with it, but my sister thinks its good, so I went ahead and uploaded it. I also have a quick enderdragon egg I made from Ovo's obsidian, looks fairly decent in-game. Tell me what you think of them!
-snip-

I like it! this actually gives me an idea for something else.

Sarinilli
  • Minecraft: Sarinilli

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

Just thought I would pop by and say thanks for the continuation. Also, I've been using an edited obsidian block for ages now. If I remember correctly, I not only altered the colour but the contrast and depth a bit too.

Posted Image

Also thought I would try my hand at an alteration to the Enchanting Table to go with my obsidian. Looks great in game imho. :3

Posted Image
Posted Image

izbbass
    izbbass

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 809 posts
  • Minecraft: izbbass

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

Great textures guys.

I can't choose which enchantment table D:

EDIT: Figured something out. Took Miyu's table and changed it back to purple obsidian :P

And nice thread title by the way.
Posted Image

Psychotic

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

View PostMiyu, on 29 December 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:

Just thought I would pop by and say thanks for the continuation. Also, I've been using an edited obsidian block for ages now. If I remember correctly, I not only altered the colour but the contrast and depth a bit too.
-snip-
Also thought I would try my hand at an alteration to the Enchanting Table to go with my obsidian. Looks great in game imho. :3
-snip-

Another awesome enchanting table! =D

Sarinilli
  • Minecraft: Sarinilli

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

Thank you! I'm glad you guys like it. :3 ♥

If I do anymore alterations I'll make sure to post them up here. ^^
Posted Image

Ticlon
    Ticlon

Carpenter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Minecraft: Ticlon

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

Really nice that this texture is continued by community. I was really shocked when reading that Ovocean won't finish this :/ So I wanna take a bit part of the redemption:
Posted Image

I started with some Aetherblocks, but it isn't completed. I'm also not happy with some of my blocks, maybe one more experienced artist of you could revise some blocks again. If you wanna do some blocks please tell me.

I also tried make normal maps for bumpmapping but it didn't work.
Creator of the Byzantine culture
Posted Image

jansteffen
  • Minecraft: jansteffen

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:13 PM

I am very happy that this texturepack is getting continued :)
so i just tried making my own texture for the blaze rod, and it turned out really good:
Posted Image
I already tested it ingame, and I really like it, I hope you like this too :D

Psychotic

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

Just did raw beef/steak....it's not the best but I think it's better than default.
Posted Image

And here is some in game screenshot's.
Spoiler:

View Postjansteffen, on 29 December 2011 - 10:13 PM, said:

I am very happy that this texturepack is getting continued :)
so i just tried making my own texture for the blaze rod, and it turned out really good:
-snip-
I already tested it ingame, and I really like it, I hope you like this too :D

That's beautiful!! cant say Ovo would have done it any different.
Hope to see you do some more! :D

Reep98
    Reep98

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Minecraft: Reep98

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

I got a perfect style for some items like  :Coal:  and  :Flint:  in my head... just need to draw them :P