Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Automatic Tree Farm!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

PearSquirrel
  • Minecraft: PearSquirrel

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

I just made a few designs for the most efficient wood harvesting possible.  It works through block detectors and pistons placed on one side of the farm, which push the trees as soon as they grow.  From there the trees all stack up until a row is full, then a grid of pistons pushes the logs and clears the way for more.  Here's a video:

PearSquirrel's Youtube Channel
I mainly create redstone contraptions including but not limited to minecart stations, door designs, and automatic farms.  Feel free to check me out!

Register or log in to remove.

Themarioman

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:09 AM

If only we could have automatic HARVESTING tree farms.
Love this design though.

BOTTLES: First you must stand like this...
KAZOOIE: What, wearing ridiculous glasses and a silly grin?

Sven_The_Slayer

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:47 AM

*NOTE* You must also build (or already have built) a mob farm to to produce bone meal or this design will not work for you at all.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Playing Minecraft since [Friday, March 19, 2010, 9:20:21 PM] (First indev world save)

rock999
    rock999

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • Minecraft: rock999

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:05 AM

Hey! You copied my design. D:
The RoleCraft Server is back up and completely ready! We love others and always roleplay. We also updated!

MrWorm
    MrWorm

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:17 AM

tutorial on the first one please!

PearSquirrel
  • Minecraft: PearSquirrel

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:35 AM

View PostSven_The_Slayer, on 29 December 2011 - 01:47 AM, said:

*NOTE* You must also build (or already have built) a mob farm to to produce bone meal or this design will not work for you at all.

This will work without the bonemeal, but it won't be of much use if you don't have any.

View Postrock999, on 29 December 2011 - 02:05 AM, said:

Hey! You copied my design. D:

I made this without looking at any outside sources, so no, I didn't copy anyone.  Could I see your design?
PearSquirrel's Youtube Channel
I mainly create redstone contraptions including but not limited to minecart stations, door designs, and automatic farms.  Feel free to check me out!

Sven_The_Slayer

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:10 AM

View PostPearSquirrel, on 29 December 2011 - 04:35 AM, said:

This will work without the bonemeal, but it won't be of much use if you don't have any.

Yeah but it's not very automatic if you have to collect bone meal then sit there and waste bone meal on it, and it does waste a lot of bone meal.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Playing Minecraft since [Friday, March 19, 2010, 9:20:21 PM] (First indev world save)

callumkhang
  • Minecraft: callumkhang

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:06 AM

Exact same design. Perhaps you built it yourself but the idea wasn't entirely original.
Youtube is back =) Click for redstone