• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

how do you get texture packs to work?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

broomstick

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

how do you get texture packs to work? i am ready for someone to help me, i have emptied my texture pack folder just incase.

Register or log in to remove.

tommykins20
  • Minecraft: tommykins20

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

open up the texture pack folder and there should be files like "gui" and "terrain". copy ALL of the files in the folder and paste it where ever the Minecraft game derectory is... i think that was for mac, cos i have one :iapprove:

but for pc im not sure. maybe the same
Have a look at my Hotdog mod, textures made by Bockwurst.
Posted Image

broomstick

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:49 PM

well none of my textures work as of the update

Game Zombie

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:01 AM

If it's a 16x16 or a 32x32 texture pack then just put it all in a zip or rar file then place it in texture packs. If it's a higher resolution like 64x64 or 128x128 then you have to use the patcher

blackpandemic

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:54 AM

The "texturepack" folder should be empty when it's created. This is the most idiot proof way I can think to say this:

Find the texture pack you want and download it to your desktop.
Click the .zip and cut it (as opposed to copy).
Open Minecraft, click Mods/Texture Pack button.
Click "Open folder" button (bottom left).
When the folder opens, paste the zip in.
Enjoy!
Posted Image
^ Check out my YouTube channel! Always looking for community feedback!

Xenol1997
  • Minecraft: Xenol1997

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

Im rather new to minecraft and am trying to get a texture pack on board, but cannot find the minecraft directory or the texture pack folder, am i just being stupid? (im on a mac by the way, does that change anything?
Things I like: Minecraft, Apple, Trombones, Ponies (Fluttershy is best) and Microwaved Marshmallows
Things I don't like: Broccoli, Americanisms, Marmite, people who say 'dude!' excessively

Inivican
  • Minecraft: Inivican

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

What i was hopeing from this topic that someone might tell me how to make one, i know how to download one and install it. I figure it has to be in a zip folder in the Texture packs folder. I Know how to make skins at least, i tryed to reskin the zombie and few other mobs, ten tryed it in minecraft, but the mobs looked normal... What did i do wrong?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

SnipesTehGamer

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostInivican, on 13 August 2011 - 08:49 PM, said:

What i was hopeing from this topic that someone might tell me how to make one, i know how to download one and install it. I figure it has to be in a zip folder in the Texture packs folder. I Know how to make skins at least, i tryed to reskin the zombie and few other mobs, ten tryed it in minecraft, but the mobs looked normal... What did i do wrong?

That exactly whats happening to me! i need help too! i promised to make one for SlyFox but it wont work!