Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Java(TM) Platform SE Binary PROBLEM


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1

CJHxAdReNaL1N
  • Minecraft: CJHxAdReNaL1N

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

Hey guys!
I've been having a lot of trouble with my Java™ Platform SE binary lately. I was trying to download Technic Pack earlier today, and it said I needed to run it with Java™ Platform SE binary. So I clicked Open With and I looked for probably 30 minutes and couldn't find Java™ Platform SE binary. Please tell me what I need to do in order to find it.
Thanks! :)
[img]http://http://minecraftion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/smart-moving-mod-for-minecraft-300x185.jpg[/img]

Register or log in to remove.

#2

500 Internal Server Error
  • Location: Test.neverCallThis() (Test.java:42)
  • Minecraft: zhuowei

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:31 AM

View PostCJHxAdReNaL1N, on 28 December 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

Hey guys!
I've been having a lot of trouble with my Java™ Platform SE binary lately. I was trying to download Technic Pack earlier today, and it said I needed to run it with Java™ Platform SE binary. So I clicked Open With and I looked for probably 30 minutes and couldn't find Java™ Platform SE binary. Please tell me what I need to do in order to find it.
Thanks! :)
To install mods, you'll have to open the Minecraft.jar and modify its contents instead of running it with Java. Installing WinRAR will allow you to open it. 7Zip may also open it. If you are insane, by go to Tools/Folder Options, turn off "Hide known extensions" and rename it to minecraft.zip will also allow you to open the .jar.

#3

CJHxAdReNaL1N
  • Minecraft: CJHxAdReNaL1N

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:43 AM

View Post500 Internal Server Error, on 28 December 2011 - 03:31 AM, said:

To install mods, you'll have to open the Minecraft.jar and modify its contents instead of running it with Java. Installing WinRAR will allow you to open it. 7Zip may also open it. If you are insane, by go to Tools/Folder Options, turn off "Hide known extensions" and rename it to minecraft.zip will also allow you to open the .jar.

So if I hide known extensions, I'll be able to run the Installer with Java™ Platform SE binary with no problems?
[img]http://http://minecraftion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/smart-moving-mod-for-minecraft-300x185.jpg[/img]

#4

500 Internal Server Error
  • Location: Test.neverCallThis() (Test.java:42)
  • Minecraft: zhuowei

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:50 AM

View PostCJHxAdReNaL1N, on 28 December 2011 - 03:43 AM, said:

So if I hide known extensions, I'll be able to run the Installer with Java™ Platform SE binary with no problems?
I made a mistake. I thought you were trying to install the files directly into the minecraft.jar.

To run the technic_installer.jar, Java should be located at C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe or something like that. Try reinstalling Java from http://java.com/ .

#5

CJHxAdReNaL1N
  • Minecraft: CJHxAdReNaL1N

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:58 AM

View Post500 Internal Server Error, on 28 December 2011 - 03:50 AM, said:

I made a mistake. I thought you were trying to install the files directly into the minecraft.jar.

To run the technic_installer.jar, Java should be located at C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe or something like that. Try reinstalling Java from http://java.com/ .

Now when I click Open With it says Java™ Platform SE binary, but when I click on it, it doesn't do anything. Help?
[img]http://http://minecraftion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/smart-moving-mod-for-minecraft-300x185.jpg[/img]

#6

500 Internal Server Error
  • Location: Test.neverCallThis() (Test.java:42)
  • Minecraft: zhuowei

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:04 AM

View PostCJHxAdReNaL1N, on 28 December 2011 - 03:58 AM, said:

Now when I click Open With it says Java™ Platform SE binary, but when I click on it, it doesn't do anything. Help?
Then I don't know what's happening. Did you extract all the files from the Technic_5.0.5.7z, and are you running the Technic_installer.jar?

#7

CJHxAdReNaL1N
  • Minecraft: CJHxAdReNaL1N

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:10 AM

View Post500 Internal Server Error, on 28 December 2011 - 04:04 AM, said:

Then I don't know what's happening. Did you extract all the files from the Technic_5.0.5.7z, and are you running the Technic_installer.jar?

I'm doing everything correctly. I tried downloading Java™ Platofrm SE binary from some other webiste, and it probably did something that disabled me from opening it or something. Thanks for your help anyway.

Awesome! I didn't extract the file and tried to open it in the .zip file itself and it worked! Thanks for your help! :D
[img]http://http://minecraftion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/smart-moving-mod-for-minecraft-300x185.jpg[/img]

#8

thegreatk1d

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

when i try to open minecraft.jar (to get mods) with Java ™ Platform SE Binary something pops up saying "A Java Exception has occurred please help

the please help doesnt show just saying

i am going to say it one more time. "when i try to open minecraft.jar (to get mods) with Java ™ Platform SE Binary something pops up saying "A Java Exception has occurred"    PLEASE HELP

#9

BohemianFlower
  • Location: Montana
  • Minecraft: BohemianFlower

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

for some reason my Minecraft game keeps crashing with a Java™ Platform SE Binary stopped working message. What is going on?

:) BohemianFlower :D