• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.1.0]The Robot Mod [0.3][WIP]

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

daem0nblade

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

Ever felt like you need a robotic companion? Well now you can have one.

This mod will add a variety of robots ranging from scouts to fighters and will allow you to control them all with one controller. This contoller allows the player to see what the robot sees and control it using the W,A,S and D keys. The controller also comes with a few (incomplete) commands shown on the buttons to the left. This is the first mod I've published and it has been great making it. I am open to suggestions on what to make next so any ideas will be carefully considered.

Current Version: 0.3
Version Type:Update

[b]Added features:[/b]
-added crafting recipes for the robots and controller
-added icons for all items added in the mod
-changed the scout model (thanks maxvolt0)

The Remote Control(Used for all robots):
Posted Image
The Scout:
Posted Image
The Sphere Cam:
Posted Image

Videos:
by GameChap (older version than current)

Thanks guys!

Download:
Download!

Previous Version Downloads:

Instructions:
Requirements:
-Newest version of Modloader
-Minecraft

Install:
To install all you need to do is copy the zip file to your .minecraft/mods folder. Then simply start minecraft.

Usage:
At the moment the recipes aren't fully implemented. So I would recommend using creative. The icon for the items will look like leather helmets as I haven't done the textures yet. To put a robot down just right click while you are holding it. The controller has multiple broadcast frequencies and it can control many robots with one controller. To give the robot a frequency just right click it while it is on the ground and use the arrow buttons and press the "Set recieve frequency" button. This will increase and decrease the frequency. Now if you right click with the controller you will get a similar interface. Matching this frequency to the robot's and pressing the "set broadcast frequency" button will set it's frequency and allow control of the robot. It will also display the robot's camera view.

Robots:
Scout:
A great robot for exploring the darkest caves. This robot comes equipped with a camera and a light. Right clicking while holding the robot will drop it and right clicking the dropped robot allows you to change the robot's frequency. Can be controlled with the controller.

Sphere Camera:
A new addition to the explorer's arsenal. This little device can be thrown wherever you need it. it has no movement capabilities other than rotation but it is a great exploration device. This robot comes equipped with a camera and light. To assign this robot a control frequency go into sneak(crouch) and press the right mouse button while holding the robot. This will allow you to change the robot's frequency like any other robot. When you are finished setting the frequency simply throw the camera where you need it. Can be controlled with the controller.

Crafting Recipes:
Scout Robot:
Posted Image

Sphere Camera:
Posted Image

Controller Crafting:
Posted Image

To-Do:
[s]-make textures for the item icons[/s]
-make more robots
[s]-crafting recipes[/s]
-custom sounds for robots as they currently sound like chickens

Known Bugs:
Some people have been experiencing issues with the camera just outputting a white screen

Credits:
Maxvolt0 - modelled the scout robot and made the icon for it

-Changelog-
-v0.3-
Crafting recipes
Icon textures
Scout model change
-v0.2.3-
Minecraft 1.1.0
Controller use bugfix
-v0.2.2-
Camera Bugfix.
-v0.2.1-
Camera Bugfix. Fingers crossed.
-v0.2-
Added the "Sphere Camera"
-v0.1.2-
Improved movement code
Fixed destruction bugs
Fixed lighting bugs
Scaled down scout robot
-v0.1.1-
Added lights to scout
Added reverse key
-v0.1-
First version:
Added Scout Robot
Added Controller

Register or log in to remove.

happyday123
  • Minecraft: happyday123

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:38 AM

Cool mod, I will try it now.
This mod is very cool. I would like the little robot to be able to do a bit more. Maybe add a backup feature using the "S" key. Other then that, it was pretty cool.

Edited by happyday123, 28 December 2011 - 03:51 AM.

If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 99% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 1% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.

MineHippie
  • Minecraft: MineHippie

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:02 AM

Dude, +1 for awesome idea.

Will mess with this soon. Keep the robots a coming.
If you think something's impossible.
You haven't tried hard enough.

Bonnis
    Bonnis

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

thats a camera?? if yes, i have say bye-bye to cctv mod
One Signature to Rule Them All...

ocdgamerz

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

the camera isn't working do you know why?
Posted Image

daem0nblade

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

@Bonnis yup it's a camera :)

@Ocdgamerz Do you get an error report and if not what are you seeing?

ocdgamerz

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

@Ocdgamerz Do you get an error report and if not what are you seeing?
[/quote]

I get a white screen were the video is and it said something upside down (minecrft did not crash)
Posted Image

AznaktaX
    AznaktaX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

W8 w8 w8 w8 w8!

You get to control a robot by playing as that robot and seeing through his eyes?!?

That's.....one of the COOLEST FREAKING AMAZING THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MINECRAFT MODDING and I wonder why no one has ever tried it before!

daem0nblade

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

@Ocdgamerz Ok I assume you're seeing a missing texture. Did you put the whole zip file in the .minecraft/mods folder? If you did then go into the zip file and click the folder named Robot_Mod and see if there is a file called render.png as this is the file the camera reads from.

ocdgamerz

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

is the png white?
Posted Image

AznaktaX
    AznaktaX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

So, I gave it a try on Creative!

It works pretty good!

Only 1 problem and 2 bugs!

1: The control is @$$!

It feels really stiff, like I'm trying to play Resident Evil 5 with a power glove!

Not being able to turn left or right while moving is a pain!

2: The first time I destroyed my robot and made a new one, I set back his frequency to one and it automatically self destructed!

That didn't happen on the 3rd robot though!

But the following happened in the place where I destroyed the 3rd!

3:
Posted Image

Nothing uncommon here!

A typical light bug!

Still....considering this is still in its early stages...yeah, it's very promising!

It still needs a few tweaks in the robot's capabilities(and the tiny camera) and it will be good for exploring places where it would be dangerous or difficult for you to go!

I only wonder now what would happen if you were to get damaged( or even die) while you're controlling the robot!

daem0nblade

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

@Ocdgamerz yes it is. I will just check to see whether other people are having the same issue so I can figure out the root of the problem. You didn't extract the zip did you by the way? Just checking.

@AznaktaX thanks for the feedback. I'm fairly sure I know how to fix that light bug. The code is also a bit of a mess since i'm quite new to this but i hope to have fixes shortly. Did the display for the camera work ok by the way? I'm trying to figure out whether Ocdgamerz's problem is my end or his. Thanks.

ocdgamerz

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

[quote name='daem0nblade' timestamp='1325200438' post='11520855']
@Ocdgamerz yes it is. I will just check to see whether other people are having the same issue so I can figure out the root of the problem. You didn't extract the zip did you by the way? Just checking.

no i didn't but ty for all the help bro
Posted Image

daem0nblade

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

@ocdgamerz I'm not really sure what to suggest... I will have to look at my code and see if anything is faulty. I suppose you could try to run minecraft in admin mode. Sorry I'm not being much help...

ocdgamerz

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

its a awesome! mod man
Posted Image

Ratheki
    Ratheki

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

Won't work with Mo's Creatures.. somehow it stops Mo's Creatures spawning

daem0nblade

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

@Ratheki I will look into this problem

@Ocdgamerz Thanks. :)

ocdgamerz

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

you are an awesome moder man :D
Posted Image

Kallethan
  • Minecraft: Kallethan

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

I have a suggestion, a miner robot! And awesome mod btw!
Did you expect something funny here?

Justme99
    Justme99

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Awesome mod but I have 1 bug.
If you have a robot and you want to destroy it it sound like a chicken.
Please fix that.
And maybe you can press F5 when you are in the robot and than see it just like when your character when you press F5.
But I love the mod +1.