• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

What does "End of stream" actually mean?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

bowman115
  • Minecraft: bpmf01
  • Xbox:bpmf01

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

What exactly does "End of Stream" mean, and what are solutions to fixing it?

I know this has probably been answered already but i couldnt find a certain answer (solution) basically this happens here and there, but never on this server i very frequently play on, (this just started today) basically I click join server it takes 1-20 seconds before it says "End of stream" or "internal eception java.net.socketexception: connection reset", ive tried everything to fix it, from waiting 20 seconds in between refreshing/joining to re-installing minecraft completely, ive tried joining it for over an hour now (while doing other things of course),
Basically is it my connection failing, or a minecraft/server related issue?
This is a big issue because im bored and want to play minecraft : P
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

danielbauwens
  • Location: Belguim, also known as the space in your brain.....
  • Minecraft: danielbauwens

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

End of stream.
Posted Image

bowman115

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

View Postdanielbauwens, on 27 December 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

End of stream.

-_- lol xP
Posted Image

Selections
  • Minecraft: Selections

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

View Postbowman115, on 27 December 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

What exactly does "End of Stream" mean, and what are solutions to fixing it?

I know this has probably been answered already but i couldnt find a certain answer (solution) basically this happens here and there, but never on this server i very frequently play on, (this just started today) basically I click join server it takes 1-20 seconds before it says "End of stream" or "internal eception java.net.socketexception: connection reset", ive tried everything to fix it, from waiting 20 seconds in between refreshing/joining to re-installing minecraft completely, ive tried joining it for over an hour now (while doing other things of course),
Basically is it my connection failing, or a minecraft/server related issue?
This is a big issue because im bored and want to play minecraft : P

End of stream, in your case, is a timeout error.

socketexception: connection reset, is the connection resetting and trying again. Basically refreshing. Servers/Clients have a default number a connection can be recycled before it is terminated. If it kept going, you would be waiting endlessly, hence the End of Stream error.

How are you connecting to the internet? And what is your Up/Down load speed? Post results from speedtest.net

Posted Image

bowman115

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

View PostSelections, on 27 December 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

End of stream, in your case, is a timeout error.

socketexception: connection reset, is the connection resetting and trying again. Basically refreshing. Servers/Clients have a default number a connection can be recycled before it is terminated. If it kept going, you would be waiting endlessly, hence the End of Stream error.

How are you connecting to the internet? And what is your Up/Down load speed? Post results from speedtest.net

ping is 58 down is 1.23 and up is 0.93, also i just went on xbox and it said my NAT type is strict, its usually open/moderate so.. ive also looked into what nat type means and ive tried open it before but... its never affected my minecraft
Posted Image

Selections
  • Minecraft: Selections

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

You could contact the server owner and see if its running 1.0.1 as this patch fixed connection stability.

Run cmd (Windows key + R), type in cmd. and type in this;
ping <minecraft server IP address here>
If you recieve packets back with no errors you dont have a connection issue with the server, which means your firewall/anti-virus is not at fault (unless Java is blocked/restricted?)
Also check the ping times here too, <200 would be acceptable, anything over would be laggy and anything over 500 would be impossible and could explain the timeouts.

Posted Image

bowman115

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

ok my ping keeps changeing (it went to 90 back down to 32....
Posted Image

bowman115

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

View PostSelections, on 27 December 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

You could contact the server owner and see if its running 1.0.1 as this patch fixed connection stability.

If you recieve packets back with no errors you dont have a connection issue with the server, which means your firewall/anti-virus is not at fault (unless Java is blocked/restricted?)
Also check the ping times here too, <200 would be acceptable, anything over would be laggy and anything over 500 would be impossible and could explain the timeouts.

still failing.
i go into cmd and type this - ping mc.dudeami.com:25565
and i tried
ping <mc.dudeami.com:25565>
and i get ping request could not find host

View PostSelections, on 27 December 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

thanks for your help but im just gonna presume the server is down :/ another person cant log and its got a dynamic map which nobody has moved in the last while but it still shows them so, it mustve crashed or something.
But, again, thanks for your help :)
Posted Image

Slyter99
    Slyter99

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

I have the same problem but instead it appears instantly <_< . Any solutions for this?

beanbagtraveler
  • Minecraft: beanbagtraveler

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

View Postbowman115, on 27 December 2011 - 03:07 PM, said:

still failing.
i go into cmd and type this - ping mc.dudeami.com:25565
and i tried
ping <mc.dudeami.com:25565>
and i get ping request could not find host

thanks for your help but im just gonna presume the server is down :/ another person cant log and its got a dynamic map which nobody has moved in the last while but it still shows them so, it mustve crashed or something.
But, again, thanks for your help :)

The server was attacked by a ton of greifers, and I think dudeami shut it down, and i'm dead serious I banned like 15 people
Posted Image[/url][/center][/img]

Andronom69

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

View Postbeanbagtraveler, on 27 December 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

The server was attacked by a ton of greifers, and I think dudeami shut it down, and i'm dead serious I banned like 15 people
Do you know when/if it's going back up?