Latest News Article

The Furry Thread

furry thread

• Please log in to reply
4594 replies to this topic

RatWithAnAccordion

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

Posted Image

Just some silly sketching. Bored as hell.

Register or log in to remove.

tjk
    tjk

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

Very nice! Do you have an online gallery?
Wanna join the MC furs skype chat? PM me!

RatWithAnAccordion

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

I do/don't. Just prefer to keep it undisclosed for now.

Waskom_Frost
  • Minecraft: Waskomsause
  • PSN:Waskomsause

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

Nice work, i like it.
http://www.youtube.c...r/videos?view=0 <--- This is my fave youtube channel.

Posted Image

HawkEye77
  • Minecraft: HawkEye_77

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

Achievement get: A thread that focuses on one particular subject in one specific art medium (drawings) spans for 64 pages. That amazes me. I guess this "furry" thing is a big deal amongst fans. I did enjoy the attention to detail in a number of the works posted here.

RatWithAnAccordion

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

The furry fandom is a wonderful thing. Its a strong community in which many people can enjoy the fact that they can relate in simple interests, and express themselves whilst doing so. Be it through art, conventions/meetups or whatever. Hell, even when it comes to the adult side of things. People just don't have to worry about being subjected to criticism or harassed when they're in the company of likeminded people.

Its just nice.

Enorym
    Enorym

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • Minecraft: Spyro_59

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

View PostLord_Dominic, on 20 November 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

Zoroark. I tried.
Spoiler:
Rough sketch is rough, I see a few things I want to improve or modify and I took a couple stylistic liberties.
This is actually the first time I have drawn a Pokemon in nearly 12 years (last one was an Espeon and a Jolteon back in 2000ish).

Wow, dude, that's awesome!

Yeah, I got an avatar/sig (made a mistake on the sig. Removed for now, will fix later.) change. Once I draw my fursona, that will be my avatar.

I drew the Blackmill logo, because I like their music. I tried an interesting effect, and I thought it came out looking cool. I'll post it once I get it scanned.

Posted Image

tjk
    tjk

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostRatWithAnAccordion, on 20 November 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

The furry fandom is a wonderful thing. Its a strong community in which many people can enjoy the fact that they can relate in simple interests, and express themselves whilst doing so. Be it through art, conventions/meetups or whatever. Hell, even when it comes to the adult side of things. People just don't have to worry about being subjected to criticism or harassed when they're in the company of likeminded people.

Its just nice.
People don't have to worry about criticism or harassment? That stuff happens all the time. And drama. Dramadramadrama.

But once you wade past all that, and the Renamon recolourings labelled "(oc do not steel" then you got some nice stuff. (85% [citation needed] of it is the *ahem* side, but even then, some sites have *hilarious* comments that make half the *ahem* content comedy.)

Waskom_Frost

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

One thing i can see as a problem would be people who want to admit to their family they are furries, and that they are gay or bi. That can go over badly, as for me, i am happy with not telling them, i am 18 so its no big deal, and me being bisexual to me is no biggy ether, so i just keep my life private.

Posted Image

RatWithAnAccordion

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

View Posttjk, on 20 November 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

People don't have to worry about criticism or harassment? That stuff happens all the time. And drama. Dramadramadrama.

But once you wade past all that, and the Renamon recolourings labelled "(oc do not steel" then you got some nice stuff. (85% [citation needed] of it is the *ahem* side, but even then, some sites have *hilarious* comments that make half the *ahem* content comedy.)

Thats pretty true, but I was referring more or less to local Furmeets and the like. Either way.

Waskom_Frost

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Well... i have seen a few *ahem* pics that were just plain funny duee to the comments... not gonna say how i found them... just know it was late at night... and my brain failed me.

Posted Image

Firestar1455
  • Minecraft: Mystik_The_Fox
  • Xbox:Firestar 1445

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Havent really had any issues from being a furry other than the one with the stairs.

Might have some art to post, depends on if my scanner would do its job and not break every 10 seconds. Now for some Minecraft related things: Any of you have a server you are on regularly, or can you suggest one? Im confined to SP due to every server I get intrested in dies the next week...

Now a furry related thing:
http://www.tigerknight.com/cc/book
    ^
I want this. Now!

One complete Minecraftforum post, consisting of Minecraft related things, Furry related things, and art related.
Boredom cured for next 5 minutes...
Posted Image

BinaryWolf
  • Minecraft: BinaryWolf

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostFirestar1455, on 20 November 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

I saw that!  I want it too!  Currently saving every cent I get for my new pc build though :D
Posted Image

Waskom_Frost

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostFirestar1455, on 20 November 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

Havent really had any issues from being a furry other than the one with the stairs.

Might have some art to post, depends on if my scanner would do its job and not break every 10 seconds. Now for some Minecraft related things: Any of you have a server you are on regularly, or can you suggest one? Im confined to SP due to every server I get intrested in dies the next week...

Now a furry related thing:
http://www.tigerknight.com/cc/book
^
I want this. Now!

One complete Minecraftforum post, consisting of Minecraft related things, Furry related things, and art related.
Boredom cured for next 5 minutes...

Hmm... the 2g1m server is still up, and its run by the 2 youtubers misconduct and niea so its gonna stay up... the IP is

mc.2g1m.net

Nice server, also, i think my fursona is at last done! i have made the choice to use the zoroark sona i talked about before.

Posted Image

Firestar1455
  • Minecraft: Mystik_The_Fox
  • Xbox:Firestar 1445

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

View PostWaskomsause, on 20 November 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hmm... the 2g1m server is still up, and its run by the 2 youtubers misconduct and niea so its gonna stay up... the IP is

mc.2g1m.net

Nice server, also, i think my fursona is at last done! i have made the choice to use the zoroark sona i talked about before.

Ill check it out tomorrow, now I am going to bed before I fall asleep at my comp again and have weird dreams...

Artwise-Have a pic to upload soon.
Posted Image

Kovu
    Kovu

Memory Returned

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 5325 posts
  • Minecraft: Rainfur

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Hey, it's been a long time since I've been here.
Anybody have some lion-related pictures? I'm looking for a new one to change out with my avatar, but I'd like to keep the same style. Been looking around a bit, but haven't found anything.
Posted Image

Syfaro
    Syfaro

Retired Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 5209 posts
  • Minecraft: Syfaro

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

View PostKovu, on 21 November 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

Anybody have some lion-related pictures? I'm looking for a new one to change out with my avatar, but I'd like to keep the same style. Been looking around a bit, but haven't found anything.

e926.net is always good for finding some art.

Minecraft API - A JSON API for fetching information about Minecraft & Minecraft servers

Read my blog about tech stuff!

tjk
    tjk

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostSyfaro, on 21 November 2012 - 04:48 AM, said:

e926.net is always good for finding some art.
That looks very familiar...

Just a warning everybody - that's an *ahem* site, run through a filter to be sfw. If somebody posted an *ahem* link as safe, then you'll see something *ahem*.

View PostKovu, on 21 November 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

Saw this yesterday!

http://www.furaffini...t/view/9294245/

Not the same style though...

Waskom_Frost

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Oh god... i knew i had seen that thing somewhere before... yeah be careful... i know that site... well... its sister site e621 at least...

Posted Image

Syfaro
    Syfaro

Retired Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 5209 posts
  • Minecraft: Syfaro

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

View Posttjk, on 21 November 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Saw this yesterday!

http://www.furaffini...t/view/9294245/

Not the same style though...

I just saw that also :P

View PostWaskomsause, on 21 November 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

Oh god... i knew i had seen that thing somewhere before... yeah be careful... i know that site... well... its sister site e621 at least...

Basically, it's e621 always run with the rating:Safe tag.

Minecraft API - A JSON API for fetching information about Minecraft & Minecraft servers

Read my blog about tech stuff!