• Please log in to reply
4593 replies to this topic

tjk
    tjk

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

I'd say go ahead and post the picture, she sounds reasonably clothed.

I don't blame people for being misinformed. First you have the news, then you have too many furries try to defend the fandom by saying the 'adult' side is a minor part of it, but, it's not really that small. They aren't morons, just misinformed.

It's not a lifestyle (to me) and more of a hobby. Saying "I'm a furry" sounds like it's more of a lifestyle thing (like "I'm a Christian" or "I'm a straight" or "I'm a dentist"). Then you have hobbies ("I like to draw" or "I like to play Halo"), and I'd like to voice it as a hobby, but "I participate in the furry fandom" is just such an unattractive way to word it.
Wanna join the MC furs skype chat? PM me!

Register or log in to remove.

Lord_Dominic
  • Minecraft: Lord_Dominic

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostWaskomsause, on 18 November 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

yeah i saw that, they even said most furries dislike the [REDACTED] part of the fandom.
I know I took up drawing anthro because all the good cartoons in the '90s had anthro characters. It was just natural to me.
Every fandom is going to have perverts, though. At least there is a very active and vocal majority that are NOT interested in that stuff and do their best to make it clear that there's more to it than that.

View PostNItrousOxide97, on 18 November 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

Well, she is clothed, (Long sleeved v-necked shirt and Jeans). The one thing that makes me hesitate is the fact that I made her REALLY busty. Posted Image
I doubt that would really be a problem in that case. Go for it.

View PostNItrousOxide97, on 18 November 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

On the topic of furries on television :

Worst seems to be when the news mention the fandom, they always need to make it sound so melodramatic.
Its as though some are just trying to make the already bad stereotype even worse by making more people believe it is true.

I actually remember seeing a segment somewhere in the news that, surprisingly, had NOTHING bad said about the fandom.
I wish I could remember where I found it though :/
I don't think I have ever seen anything about furries in the actual news. I don't really watch national news, and I guess there just aren't many furries locally (or the ones there are keep it low-key). I went to high school with a couple, though.
Everything on the news is so dramatic, though. Gotta keep the viewers watching to rake in the ratings!

Posted Image

Waskom_Frost
  • Minecraft: Waskomsause
  • PSN:Waskomsause

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Well i think the same way! its something i like (Like black ops zombies) and i enjoy the art, stories, people, and all of that, to me its something to enjoy when i am bored, and lets my mind have a way to relax.

But i have to say it... i am not the going to judge people no matter what, for i am not a saint myself.
http://www.youtube.c...r/videos?view=0 <--- This is my fave youtube channel.

Posted Image

NItrousOxide97
  • Minecraft: blockhead554

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostLord_Dominic, on 18 November 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

I doubt that would really be a problem in that case. Go for it.

Well alright, here it is.

Spoiler:

I also tried something new in this drawing, I'll see if you guys can notice it.
I don't like what I did with the eyes though, I also need to work on drawing hands.

Lord_Dominic

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

View Posttjk, on 18 November 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

I don't blame people for being misinformed. First you have the news, then you have too many furries try to defend the fandom by saying the 'adult' side is a minor part of it, but, it's not really that small. They aren't morons, just misinformed.
Well, stereotypes are often rooted in facts and experiences (distorted or exaggerated). There is that portion of the fandom, it exists, and people see it. But, people seem to be catching on that there is more to it than putting on an animal costume and hooking up with someone else in an animal costume (or looking at dirty pictures of animals).

View Posttjk, on 18 November 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

It's not a lifestyle (to me) and more of a hobby. Saying "I'm a furry" sounds like it's more of a lifestyle thing (like "I'm a Christian" or "I'm a straight" or "I'm a dentist"). Then you have hobbies ("I like to draw" or "I like to play Halo"), and I'd like to voice it as a hobby, but "I participate in the furry fandom" is just such an unattractive way to word it.
I always compare it to other well-established sci-fi and fantasy fandoms, like the Trekkies. Sure there are people that get into it a little too much and are a little too devoted, but for most people it's something for fun and not an actual lifestyle.
(I hope my wording here isn't too awkward.)

View PostWaskomsause, on 18 November 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

But i have to say it... i am not the going to judge people no matter what, for i am not a saint myself.
It's all about what you say and when. There is a time and place for mature content and explicit discussions. People are going to be a bit more judgemental if someone started talking about stuff like that here instead of on a site like FurAffinity or something. I try to be fairly tolerant, but sometimes I see things (from all sorts of fandoms, and some WAY more than others...) that make me wonder just what the hell is wrong with them.

Everyone here keeps it pretty clean and positive and polite, though. I like that.

View PostNItrousOxide97, on 18 November 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

Well alright, here it is.

Spoiler:

I also tried something new in this drawing, I'll see if you guys can notice it.
I don't like what I did with the eyes though, I also need to work on drawing hands.
Shading? You experimented with shading a bit, didn't you?
Hands tend to give me trouble too...

Posted Image

NItrousOxide97
  • Minecraft: blockhead554

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostLord_Dominic, on 18 November 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

Shading? You experimented with shading a bit, didn't you?
Hands tend to give me trouble too...

I did experiment with shading a bit, but thats not what it is.

Spoiler: hint

Waskom_Frost

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hands are a nightmare to draw...

For me everything is a nightmare to draw though... so i stick to writing... and not that much ether.

Posted Image

yo_sushi1
  • Minecraft: yo_sushi1

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Hi, Just introducing myself to all the furs on here.  

Also I would like to ask a question and I really dont know where else to put this but I am new to the whole Minecraft thing so feel free to direct me to the correct place.  As I said Im new and still using the default skin.  Is it possible to have a feral style skin.  Ive seen a MLP mod but thats not for me but shows it can be done.

Firestar1455
  • Minecraft: Mystik_The_Fox
  • Xbox:Firestar 1445

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hands.....The most acursed thing for me to draw, more so than actually getting the pose/shape right... Shading is also somewhat of an issue.

Been using Fallout 3 to help aid my posing sketches, works sort of well, better than random pics of people in weird poses or just standing still.

If you are intrested in a science fiction radio show from the 1940's area, then get this, and just listen to the audio included.(Hard to do ingame anyways)

Havent been in foruming mood either, been too busy in the 1940's and sleeping(feeling horrible).

As for your question yo_sushi1, look up a mod called Noppes More Player Models, and follow the skinning guide, I use it and love it, along with some of my furry friends.
Posted Image

Waskom_Frost

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

I don't use the mods for MC that add tails and such... none of them have what i need for a zoroarks mane...

Posted Image

Firestar1455

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

He might be adding a part where you can make your own models/add them, which seems awsome.
Posted Image

Waskom_Frost

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

Still... i am gonna stick with just normal MC and timber mod.

Posted Image

Enorym
    Enorym

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • Minecraft: Spyro_59

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Meh, I got bored last night, so I drew this:

Spoiler:

And I have yet to draw Waskom's fursona... Now that he changed it to Zoroark, I have to start over.

Posted Image

Waskom_Frost

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

View PostEnorym, on 19 November 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Spoiler:

And I have yet to draw Waskom's fursona... Now that he changed it to Zoroark, I have to start over.

Yeah sorry about that... forgot that would give you a problem... just know its a zoroark with sapphire blue where he would have red... and his eyes are blue as well.

Posted Image

Firestar1455

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostEnorym, on 19 November 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Spoiler:

Paws!

When your done with Waskom's sona, can you do one of mine? Id like to see your take on it.
Posted Image

Waskom_Frost

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Mine should not be as hard as my fox 'sona was, a oroark has no hands, his fingers are 3 sharp claws, as well as his toes being the same, so its a LOT better then trying to draw a hand.

Posted Image

yo_sushi1
  • Minecraft: yo_sushi1

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostFirestar1455, on 18 November 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

As for your question yo_sushi1, look up a mod called Noppes More Player Models, and follow the skinning guide, I use it and love it, along with some of my furry friends.
Thanks.
Sorry, I should have replied last night but I have limited posts for some reason, so I couldn't.

Waskom_Frost

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

View Postyo_sushi1, on 19 November 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Thanks.
Sorry, I should have replied last night but I have limited posts for some reason, so I couldn't.

Get your post count to 10... that means 10 posts on forum threads about minecraft.

Posted Image

Lord_Dominic

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostWaskomsause, on 19 November 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

Mine should not be as hard as my fox 'sona was, a oroark has no hands, his fingers are 3 sharp claws, as well as his toes being the same, so its a LOT better then trying to draw a hand.
Zoroark. I tried.
Spoiler:
Rough sketch is rough, I see a few things I want to improve or modify and I took a couple stylistic liberties.
This is actually the first time I have drawn a Pokemon in nearly 12 years (last one was an Espeon and a Jolteon back in 2000ish).

View Postyo_sushi1, on 19 November 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Thanks.
Yep, two more posts and you will have full, unrestricted posting privileges!
More Player Models is a good mod, I would like to see some quadruped models added (wolves and stuff). MineLP CAN work for that purpose, and I do use that mod (it's very well made), but I think it's time to go back to MPM and make a skin of my current 'sona for it.

Posted Image

Waskom_Frost

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

View PostLord_Dominic, on 20 November 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

Zoroark. I tried.
Spoiler:
Rough sketch is rough, I see a few things I want to improve or modify and I took a couple stylistic liberties.
This is actually the first time I have drawn a Pokemon in nearly 12 years (last one was an Espeon and a Jolteon back in 2000ish).

thats pretty good, your style fits nicely.

Posted Image