Thread locked for this reason.
Mock-up "CD Case" for the Aether! Created by our talented artist, The5.
1.04_01 has arrived! 100's of Bug Fixes.
Yes, the Aether collaboration mod has finally returned. The Aether Collaboration mod adds a whole new dimension called the "Aether" with various dungeons to explore, bosses to defeat, and rewards to reap!
I know that many of you may have lost interest in the project because of the code freeze after 1.7.3, but considering how many updates and pre-releases that were getting pushed out by Notch and Jeb at the time, you cannot blame us for being so hesitant. Regardless, let's put the past behind us, and look to the future of the Aether's development! Finally, after months of wait, the mod is available to play in the latest version of Minecraft (Version 1.0) and has included some great new features.
We as the dev team would like to thank you all for you patience with this update. Think of it as our christmas gift from us to you I hope you all enjoy, we worked hard to get this done in time.
- Added Crystal Trees. These trees can be found floating on small islands throughout the world. Some of the Crystal Leaves found on the trees contain White Apples.
- Added White Apples which, when eaten, cure any poison for 6 seconds.
- Swets now drop Swetty Balls. Swetty Balls can be right clicked onto Aether Dirt to grow it into Aether Grass.
- Made Christmas Trees slightly rarer. You can also turn off their generation by setting the "christmasContent" variable to "false" in the Aether config file.
- Aether Grass can now be enchanted by right clicking it with Ambrosium Shards. Enchanted Aether Grass increases the quantity dropped by crops that are planted on them (at the moment this only applies for Berry Bushes since they are the only "Crop" type block in the Aether).
- Berry Bushes now drop 0-2 Blue Berries. This means you have a chance to recieve no Berries when harvesting them. Planting Bush Stems on Enchanted Grass changes the drop rate to 1-3.
- Blue Berries, Ginger Bread Man, and Candy Cane food items now heal 1 full hunger bar instead of half a hunger bar.
- Fixed issues with Dungeon Loot Chests. Using a Key on them also no longer consumes it.
- Fixed transparency issues with Christmas Tree leaves.
- Fixed a crash where if you created a new World it would output an error "Already Decorating!"
- Fixed a bug where exiting a world while in the Aether would create a "Second Aether" and then teleport you back to the same coordinates in the Overworld, often suffocating your character in the main menu.
- Fixed a bug where shift-clicking while in the Altar would crash and corrupt your save.
- Fixed a bug where Beds would not place correctly in the Aether.
- Fixed Sapling drop rate from Golden Oaks and Skyroot Trees.
- Added leaf decay to Christmas Trees.
- Added golden particle effects to Golden Oak trees.
- Fixed a bug where, while another block was on top of it, Grass would change its metadata into something ridiculous instead of changing it to a Dirt block.
- Fixed a bug where Skyroot Swords used a normal Wooden Sword sprite.
- Fixed a bug where players bodies would stay behind after death.
- Fixed Cloud Parachute entities not using proper texture.
- Fixed Lightning Knives using a Gold Ingot sprite instead of its proper sprite.
- Fixed a bug where White Moa Eggs would be slightly blue.
- Fixed Aether Shovels not picking up Snowballs from Snow patches.
- Fixed the Slider Boss's eye brightness.
- Fixed a bug where Aether Dirt would have no name.
- Fixed Skyroot Leaves dropping Leaf Blocks.
- Healing Stones now have a gradual health regeneration effect, and no longer heal instantly.
- Fixed a bug where Berry Bushes would get removed from chunks and the drops would spawn at the players head.
- Fixed a bug where Presents would randomly explode.
- TNT from Presents no longer destroys terrain.
- Fixed Mob pack-sizes and rarity.
- Changed Berry Bush generation. Now generates in larger groups.
- Fixed a bug where it would snow and rain in the Aether.
- Fixed a bug where the console would list the Trivia mod and Aether mod as 1.7.3.
- Lava now turns into Aerogel instead of Obsidian when placed in the Aether.
- Changed animal movement weighting so that its optimized for the Aether terrain.
- Fixed Aether sounds not working.
- Fixed a graphical error where White Flowers and Purple Flowers had switched sprites.
- Fixed Lore duplication glitch where you could replicate items.
- Removed the unnecessary edit in GuiInGame.
- Ambrosium no longer heals nor replenishes hunger.
- The Enchanter has been renamed to the Altar. In the future, it will get a complete redesign which will hopefully differentiate it from other work stations.
- Flying Pigs now only drop Raw Pork, and no longer drop Feathers.
- New Blue Berry bushes have been added to the mod. They will commonly generate around the Aether, and when destroyed will reward you with a random amount of Blue Berries. Blue Berries heal half a heart. In the Bush's place, a Bush Stem will stand there and over time grow back into another Blue Berry Bush. This means that you could, if desired, make a farm of Blue Berry bushes!
- New Festive Tree! These trees can sometimes be seen in the masses, but other times very rarely. They emit snow particles around them, freezing over entire lands!
- Present Block added! These Presents can be found underneath and around Festive Trees. Don't be fooled though: these presents may seem friendly but they (upon random chance) can either turn out bad or turn out very good for the receiver. Be careful but don't be hesitant!
- Added 3 new secret items!
- Added 1 new music piece to the Aether soundtrack, composed by the talented Emile! Listen to it here.
- Invisibility Capes improved significantly. While worn, mobs can no longer see you unless you swing your fist/sword, making it a very useful tool indeed!
- Temporarily removed main menu music and the quick load feature. Sorry guys! They will be back very soon
- There is no guarantee that older Aether maps will still work with the latest version of the mod.
- The leap from 1.7.3 to 1.0 in one big swoop was huge for us, and as a result THERE WILL BE BUGS HERE AND THERE. Please just keep that in mind and inform us of any you find, and we will destroy them as quickly as we can.
This is a step-by-step process to install The Aether Collaboration mod Version 1.04 by Kingbdogz, Shockah, Kodaichi, Flan, _303, and Saspiron. Follow closely! This version of the Aether uses and is prepackaged with the ForgeAPI.
This mod is compatible with Version 1.0.0 of Minecraft, and requires the following API/Mods in order to successfully run:
- "Modloader" By Risugami - Download Modloader
- "ModloaderMP" Created By SDK/Updated By Flan - Download ModloaderMP
- "Audio Mod" By Risugami - Download AudioMod
- "PlayerAPI" Created By Flan/Updated By Divisor - Download PAPI
- "ShockAhPI" By Shockah - Download SAPI
The list is quite long but this ensures that maximum compatibility is allowed between the Aether and various other mods.
Once you have installed the above mods, you can install the Aether:
1. First of all, go to your start menu. If you have Windows 7 there should already be a search bar there. If you use Windows XP, find a program on the side called "Run" and open it. Once you've clicked on the search bar, type in %appdata%
2. This should open up a folder called Roaming with a bunch folders inside. On the very top should be a folder called ".minecraft". Open it. Once inside, open another folder called "bin", and then open the "minecraft.jar" file with Winrar.
3. Now, go back to the "Aether_1.04" folder then "Jars" folder that you downloaded before. Inside there should be a bunch of folders and files. Drag them into the "minecraft.jar" you opened up recently with Winrar and press yes if it asks you to replace some files. Once done, delete the folder inside called "META-INF".
4. After that, you must go back to the original ".minecraft" folder that you were in before the "bin" folder. Once you are inside that folder, go back to the "Aether_1.04" folder and drag both the "resources" folder into ".minecraft". Press yes if it asks you to merge any folders.
5. Close down all the windows and start up Minecraft. Wait a while, and if it ends up black screening then you have a problem. If not, then enjoy!
If you happen to use Too Many Items (commonly known as TMI), it must be noted that you must install it AFTER you've installed the Aether, otherwise it will not work correctly.
Thanks for the patience!
~ The Aether Dev Team ~
Having troubles? Installation didn't work? Let DirtyMoDz7s guide you through step by step! Watch the video below:
This mod has literally taken 4-5 months of SOLID development to come to fruition, and we have wasted thousands of hours of our free time to complete this mod. A good way of saying thank you to the developers is to not only download the mod and support the project, but donating a bit of spare money really helps motivate us. Like I said, this project has been developed for an insanely long time, the donations would be VERY much appreciated for our hard work. Thanks!
OLD INFO BELOW
Edited by RandomMac5, 01 March 2012 - 08:43 AM.
"Locked" reason added.