Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

All I really have to say about this is:

That's [i]cool.[/i]
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

erich666

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

View Postmonkman11111, on 13 December 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

2.21 has fixed the problem, thank you ^^. What I mean by max size before losing texture is for things such as importing the model into a render software such as maya. I didn't test or anything to see if size changes the quality of the texture, but I assumed that the bigger it is, the stretchier the texture is, which means the less quality. So I wanted to know if there was a known size, or a perfect size.

No, the model size doesn't matter for texture quality. Since each individual block in Minecraft is textured separately, you can use as many blocks as you want. You can also use higher resolution terrain.png files, some come with the Mineways distribution for your amusement. There's some work to be done with terrain.png from 1.3 on up (thanks, Mojang, for reusing tiles you didn't need to reuse yet).
All things Vokselian are here.

monkman11111

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

I know we can use any amount of blocks, but I want to know how big each of those blocks can be before losing texture. We have the option in the program to set the size of the blocks. That would make each individual block bigger, which would also stretch the blocks texture. Is there a known block size for best quality? Or does that still not affect the texture?

HCkid98
    HCkid98

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

the thing thats suck is i lost my eiffel tower save.

samri84
    samri84

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

creepers hugging cows, i want a model of that !!!!1

Posted Image

Dont_u_Dare
  • Minecraft: mitoapfelstedt

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Yay i got mineways But i dont have a right mouse-button and Control + click doesnt work Help me please

NerdPlus
    NerdPlus

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Minecraft: minecraftnerd103

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Wow, this is abseloutely amazing! Great for gifts on the holidays, or just fun decoration for your home :D

Posted Image

Save my dragon, click it!

ShackleTOM
  • Minecraft: ShackleTOM

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

How much will it cost?

ComputingAgent
  • Minecraft: lann123

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Pretty cool. Is the service free?
ComputingAgentX - Enjoy humorous let's plays, reviews, tutorials and more at my awesome channel. Check me out here, you'll be pleasantly surprised! Subscribe today and get a complimentary stone hoe!

DominatingDrew
  • Minecraft: Dew481

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

This can also be used to import a minecraft world to a 3d rendering program.
- Regards, Drew
youtube DominatingDrew
Server: embastion.tk

eray2619
    eray2619

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Wow! Super ... Posted Image

NyanNeko
    NyanNeko

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3345 posts
  • Minecraft: Cat348

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Doggammit, I want my own tower of pimps

*Yay rooster teeth*
Posted Image
I Solve practical problems

erich666

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Version 2.22 is out: minor bug fix of a runaway dialog when unknown block types were encountered. Worth fixing so that the new beta won't cause this problem for users. That said, the upcoming 1.5 version has a new texture structure, which Mineways will blithely ignore. Mineways will still work, but won't support the new block types until I find the time to update the program.

View Postmonkman11111, on 15 December 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

I know we can use any amount of blocks, but I want to know how big each of those blocks can be before losing texture. We have the option in the program to set the size of the blocks. That would make each individual block bigger, which would also stretch the blocks texture. Is there a known block size for best quality? Or does that still not affect the texture?

Blocks shouldn't lose texture ever. Larger blocks will show more detail. Blocks that are 2 mm (the default) show a bit of texture - I can read "TNT" on those blocks, for example. However, I find that 3 mm blocks make more of the textures recognizable.

View PostDont_u_Dare, on 30 December 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

Yay i got mineways But i dont have a right mouse-button and Control + click doesnt work Help me please

How to Right-Click in Mac OS X.

View PostShackleTOM, on 31 December 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

How much will it cost?

View PostComputingAgent, on 06 January 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

Pretty cool. Is the service free?

Cost is based mostly on how much material you use. Smaller is cuter and cooler and cheaper. The main limitation on making models small is wall thickness: thin walls may cause your model to be rejected, as the print service will fear that the model will break.

Here are two cute examples, Toadstool Tower ($9.07) and the Mushroom Village ($7.76). Prices are "at cost", no profit to me.

Posted Image Posted Image

Karinth
    Karinth

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Minecraft: Karinth

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

I used Mineways to export a map to Cinema 4d but it does not show up. If I Ctrl + A it selects it all but it does not show the outline all the time. What did I do wrong?

erich666

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostKarinth, on 12 April 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

I used Mineways to export a map to Cinema 4d but it does not show up. If I Ctrl + A it selects it all but it does not show the outline all the time. What did I do wrong?

Did you follow the tutorial? I just tried the latest Mineways with Cinema 4D R13 and it worked fine, see below.

Eric

Posted Image

bottledfizzysugar

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

View PostKrauzz, on 25 December 2011 - 03:26 AM, said:

Griefers can now save their kills.
Griefers on Minecraft don't usually tend to kill. Rather, they tend to destroy property, at least from what I've seen, usually by setting structures aflame. Still, griefers have subcategories, and I'm just naming one. :P
1 4M UNF4Z3D BY YOUR HUM4N BLUHS

Jabberwock xeno

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

I'm using this for exporting maps into 3ds max.

It seems vines aren't exported properly.

Can this be addressed?

mc_crinkle
  • Minecraft: MC_Crinkle

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

I hope soon they update to solve the problem of this crashing on larger exports, It's just not using enough of the computers memory (I have 16gb, this will crash at about 1.5).

I'm so sick of having to do multi-exports for massive worlds!

Wither_Boss

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Now THAT is amazing!
Hello Bay-Bee!

Cass256
    Cass256

Carpenter

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

Im made an AWESOME Modern house, using quartz, but STILL Quartz hasn't been added to the block list. Did Mojang change the terrain file so drmaticly that you have to write a new program?