• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How can I disable NPC villages from Spawning in Minecraft 1.0 on my server?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

ineedhelp2323

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

I like the whole survival feel of Minecraft, starting out with nothing and having to build up items, tools, food, shelter etc. I was disappointing to see a small village nearby that I could just pillage from and live in cutting out the whole survival part of the game. I do not have the will power to ignore the village so just pretending its not their is not an option. Plus its for a server with friends and they will not have the willpower either. So how can i disable just NPC villages from spawning on a new world on my server?

Also note, I want all other structure's, mines, caves etc. Just don't want the npc village. If its not an option is there a bukkit mod? I'm running a CraftBukkit Server.

If there are no mods or options to do this can i just create a world load it up in some editor and delete the npc village maybe?

Register or log in to remove.

Yellow Kind
  • Minecraft: yellowdude47

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

Just destroy it and move along that's all
If all else fails, Run

warriortodeath
  • Minecraft: Warriortodeath

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

Well you can go get a version of minecraft that doesn't have NPC villages like an early beta map. Then take the save file for that map and put it on your server.

ineedhelp2323

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

Ok, doesn't the earlier versions of minecraft not have the other structures like mine shafts strongholds etc? If I generated an older map I don't want to miss out on later game stuff. I just need a way to not have the npc village spawn. It's so close to your spawn point and really takes out the starting off part of the game. Even if there was a bukkit mod that just makes the vanilla npcs hostile and tough so even if you see a village, you can't take it or anything in it until later game. At the very least is there a way I can generate a map load up an easy to use editor find the village and delete it? Any advice would really make me happy please.

View Postwarriortodeath, on 24 December 2011 - 10:35 PM, said:

Well you can go get a version of minecraft that doesn't have NPC villages like an early beta map. Then take the save file for that map and put it on your server.

revenge129
  • Minecraft: revenge129

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

go to SSP and generate a new world, go to World Options and turn Generate Structures off. I have no idea if this removes strongholds though

webrosc
    webrosc

Kitty Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 8047 posts
  • Minecraft: webrosc

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

View Postrevenge129, on 25 December 2011 - 12:21 AM, said:

go to SSP and generate a new world, go to World Options and turn Generate Structures off. I have no idea if this removes strongholds though
i was thinking the same thing, but on looking at ssp it says eg.villages, dungeons. so it may stop all being generated

ineedhelp2323

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:25 AM

Hmm. Well thanks for the help. I'm supprised there are no bukkit mods for this. Seems like their is one for everything! I guess I will just pregenerate a map in single player minecraft then use it in my craftbukkit server after I go in and manually destroy the village and before the players ever see it. How can I make the map and force it to load for the server.

Is World Edit an easy way to open a map edit out the village and then load the server with the map?

ineedhelp2323

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:50 AM

I heard you can use a plugin called Terrain Control that lets you remove NPC villages without other structures amongst many other things.
http://dev.bukkit.or...errain-control/
https://github.com/W...inControll/wiki

So has anyone tried this? Is it easy to use? If so how did you do it?

View Postineedhelp2323, on 25 December 2011 - 01:25 AM, said:

Hmm. Well thanks for the help. I'm supprised there are no bukkit mods for this. Seems like their is one for everything! I guess I will just pregenerate a map in single player minecraft then use it in my craftbukkit server after I go in and manually destroy the village and before the players ever see it. How can I make the map and force it to load for the server.

Is World Edit an easy way to open a map edit out the village and then load the server with the map?

RedSwan2002
  • Minecraft: RedSwan2002
  • Xbox:RedSwan2002

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

I have the same problem im making a map with  cheats disabled but i want mineshafts
RedSwan2002: Fave Color RED, 2nd Middle Name Swan, Birth Year 2002!= RedSwan2002 E: