• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

how do I exit my world WITHOUT saving?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Mrcycloboy

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

i destroyed my brewing stand, and want to go to my previous save, how do i do that? help!
Think something is off about Survival mode and it's updates but don't know what? Here it is: http://www.minecraft...ctric-boogaloo/

Register or log in to remove.

FillyRarity

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

You cant realy...

You cant realy... Brewing stands arnt THAT hard to get are they?

Fear me, for I am cheese.

Llbcheatboy
  • Minecraft: Llbcheatboy

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

if its only the brewing stand, install TMI and cheat it.
(sry if my english is bad sometimes ^^)

Faytetheminer
  • Minecraft: Faytetheminer

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

Minecraft auto-saves every 2 seconds.

NJM1564
    NJM1564

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 354 posts

You would have to ether have single players commands and use /world exit. Or go to the windows task mangier and end the process javaw.exe.

BatteryHorse
  • Minecraft: Kanrazka

You can't I think.

misterfox0

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

Minecraft auto-saves every 2 seconds, so it looks like another trip to the Nether for you!

I didnt see it either but I geuss its true

DemiGod2102
  • Minecraft: DemiGod2102

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

you Can't exit a world without saving... Yet I don't think it would make any difference, minecraft autosaves every 2 seconds anyway
Posted Image
YouTube: DemiGod2102

Tehninjah
  • Location: In your stongholds, disguised as a zombie. Clever me.
  • Minecraft: Tehninjah99

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

ALT-F4.

If that doesn't work, use invedit to give yourself one; if it was an accident then there's no problems as there's no such thing as cheating in a sandbox.

Posted Image

Mrcycloboy

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

CRAP! I lost 30 diamonds and a level 18 in the process of getting the two blaze rods I have, and i just acendentialy destroyed one! CURSE MY STUPIDITY!!
Think something is off about Survival mode and it's updates but don't know what? Here it is: http://www.minecraft...ctric-boogaloo/

but_kicker_536
  • Minecraft: but_kicker_536

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

i know how to exit without saving.

Since bringing up ur inventory puts you in free mouse mode, just "x" out of the game with your inventory up
                                It's just that simple!  Your welcome.
                             ME!

antelopeking

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

You can't without backing-up your save. To do this you can...
1. Open your Minecraft folder
2. Go to saves
3. Copy your world folder(s)
4. Copy it to desktop

Once you want to revert to that save...
5. delete your existing world folder(s)
6. Drag save from desktop to world folder

-=OR=-

1. Get a program online (list here of backups here: Backups)

View Postbut_kicker_536, on 23 December 2011 - 09:14 PM, said:

i know how to exit without saving.

Since bringing up ur inventory puts you in free mouse mode, just "x" out of the game with your inventory up

That doesn't work. Minecraft autosaves every 2 seconds.

View PostMrcycloboy, on 23 December 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

CRAP! I lost 30 diamonds and a level 18 in the process of getting the two blaze rods I have, and i just acendentialy destroyed one! CURSE MY STUPIDITY!!

Sure you did ;) Of course you are carrying 30 diamonds and 2 blaze rods with you when you fell into lava. It's not like you're lying or anything, right? (PS: blaze rods are easy to get)

View PostTehninjah, on 23 December 2011 - 09:06 PM, said:

ALT-F4.

If that doesn't work, use invedit to give yourself one; if it was an accident then there's no problems as there's no such thing as cheating in a sandbox.

Haha there IS such thing as cheating in ALL games INCLUDING Minecraft. And that is cheating.
Posted Image Posted Image
Please *Click* any.

Mooster
    Mooster

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Minecraft: Mooster

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

View PostNJM1564, on 23 December 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

You would have to ether have single players commands and use /world exit. Or go to the windows task mangier and end the process javaw.exe.

If the game pauses which it does automatically when it loses focus it saves. To be honest, I personally use a Subversion to control changes made to my world. Hell even if you just do a straight backup, these days you can have a large map and it is still be like less than 1mb unlike the old days the same size maps could be a dozen mb big. Just imagine how big my backup folder with a 2 or 3 dozen of 15mb backup files.

View Postbut_kicker_536, on 23 December 2011 - 09:14 PM, said:

i know how to exit without saving. Actually it only saves if the game pauses. Meaning if the game goes into the Game Paused page.

Of course you can also do that. Actually it doesn't save unless you go into the save page. I have done it multiple times, just quitting without saving and using the inventory to exit.
Posted Image

someepickid
  • Minecraft: someepickid

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

It's not possible to go play a previous saved version of your world, and not possible to exit your Minecraft world without it saving. Whenever you press escape it saves automatically.
However, if saved your world, copied the world, and then saved the world again, you could always delete your current world and replace it with the older one by going to .minecraft -> saves and pasting your world in a folder in the saves folder.

MasterBoulos
  • Minecraft: Boulos77

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:21 AM

Unless you already exited it, the easiest way is to open your inventory and X out or Alt+F4 your way out of saving.

Emcitement

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

Just tested out using the inventory then pressing 'x'.
Still gets saved with the exception of things that happened 2 seconds earlier lol.

Boundegar
    Boundegar

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4820 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:31 AM

You could quickly kill the power.  On a laptop you have to also remove the battery.  In less than 2 seconds.  Also, your world may be permanently corrupted.