• Please log in to reply
1687 replies to this topic

yetanotherx

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:34 AM

POPULAR

I AM NO LONGER MAINTAINING THIS MOD. LINK TO THE CURRENT VERSION:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2171206-172-worldeditcui/

CUI - Client User Interface

Please read the instructions before installing!

CUI is a client mod that adds an in-game GUI for WorldEdit. It shows your current selection in a visible, adjustable box with the corners clearly marked. This helps admins reduce errors while using WorldEdit, select more complex areas, and visualize the area that they are actually editing. It is an essential tool for any server that uses WorldEdit. It is also not currently compatible with SinglePlayerCommands, I'm working on getting it to work.Disclaimer: CUI, ModLoader, and other mods require altering minecraft.jar, and your game may become unstable. Back up your bin folder! I am not responsible for any damage done to your computer, worlds, or your copy of Minecraft. While I do my best to ensure that the mod does what it says it does, I can not help you if you don't install it properly. If you get a black screen upon starting Minecraft, you are doing something wrong. If you refuse to include the crash report when you get crashes, I am unable to help you.Credit goes to lahwran for creating the original version of this mod!DownloadBefore downloading, make sure that you meet the prerequisites to use this mod:
  • You must know how to install mods - see an explanation
  • You must be smart enough to give helpful information something goes wrong.
  • You must be able to give a useful error report and ask an intelligent question as described by "How to report bugs effectively"
Requirements: Latest stable version for ModLoader (v1.4.6): CUI-1.4.6-ML.zipLatest stable version for Forge (v1.4.6) - BROKEN: CUI-1.4.6-Forge.zipForge support has been added to the mod, however, there is some odd bug that prevents Forge from seeing that the mod class exists, even though it is actually there. If anyone wants to take a stab at fixing it, by all means. If you can solve it, let me know.Installation
  • Download the mod, and unzip the file
  • Follow the instructions in the INSTALL.txt file.
UsageCUI is incredibly simple to use! Just install the mod, and it works whenever you select a point in WorldEdit!To clear your selection, type "//sel" into chat. This will clear your selection.ScreenshotsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageChangelogMinecraft 1.4.6:
  • Update to Minecraft 1.4.6
  • Substantial rewrite
  • Separate Forge and ModLoader jars
  • Put an end to tick issues (hopefully)
  • Change name to CUI, as support for non-WorldEdit mods is coming
Minecraft 1.4.5:
  • Updated to Minecraft 1.4.5
Minecraft 1.4.2:
  • Updated to Minecraft 1.4.2
  • Removed some legacy code
Minecraft 1.3.2a:
  • Fixed bug where instead of teleporting the entity, CUI accidentally teleported the player.
Minecraft 1.3.2:
  • Updated to Minecraft 1.3.2
  • Fix bug where using CUI while thousands of blocks from spawn lagged the game
Minecraft 1.3.1:
  • Updated to Minecraft 1.3.1
  • Subtle performance improvements
  • Added configuration option to disable update messages
  • Lines are no longer affected by light, always show at full brightness
Minecraft 1.2.5:
  • Updated to Minecraft 1.2.5
  • Removed chat packet interface, use plugin channels instead
Minecraft 1.2.4:
  • Updated to Minecraft 1.2.4
Minecraft 1.2:
  • Updated to Minecraft 1.2
  • Removed support for installing via mods/ directory. Installing via minecraft.jar is the only supported method now.
Minecraft 1.1a:
  • SPC broke in CUI version 1.1. This fixes the bug that caused it. SPC should work now.
Minecraft 1.1:
  • Minecraft 1.1 support
  • Fix a few odd bugs
  • Support for Cylindrical and Ellipsoidal regions (requires WorldEdit 5.1)
  • Ability to change the CUI colors
  • Check an external update file for new CUI versions
  • Move README to README.txt, for Windoze users.
  • Remove all //desel and //sel commands. These have been fixed in WorldEdit itself, and are in version 5.1
Past versions Source and LicenseCUI is licensed under the Eclipse Public License, and the source is located at my GitHub.

Register or log in to remove.

Corn_Bread

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:37 AM

Thanks for putting up the updated version =)

+vA Seive
  • Minecraft: Seive

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:59 AM

Glad to see someone is taking over :), This is a must have mod for people who use WE.

Dirk_Jimbrose

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:36 AM

Thanks for the update.

Posted Image

lahwran
    lahwran

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:07 AM

Awesome to finally see a release! what have you added this version?

Posted Image
Stupidity on the rise with a 40% chance of shitstorms.

po5
    po5

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Minecraft: SteffenDs

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

Great work
Posted Image
Free  diamonds? Join 88.198.70.83 and vote for us here

Nuin
    Nuin

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:04 AM

Thanks for keeping this updated!

The command //sel cuboid used to clear the selection area. Any idea what does it now? Thanks!

Posted Image
Build me an army worthy of Mordor.

TheEnlightened

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:38 AM

teehee!

You should mention it does both poly and cubioud selections.

You should also mention that you can use the command "//sel [cuboid|poly]" to remove the selection.

Thanks for keeping this mod up to date :)

streetstar5

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

Funny i was using lawrans version and it was working fine - where is the changelog? whats different?
Posted Image

SeLpHy
    SeLpHy

Carpenter

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:41 AM

Worked! Thank you! looks so nice.

<3

Apollyna
    Apollyna

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Minecraft: Apollyna

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

//sel cuboid does NOT work to clear a selection. Any idea what to do?

"From Apo, wif <3" :: DeviantArt :: Tumblr :: Also Apollyna on PMC!

alfonsojon
  • Minecraft: alfonsojon

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

I would have a literal heart attack if you could add a keyboard shortcut to clear the selection, hopefully changeable in the keyboard binding options?

If you could do this, me and about 100 other users would actually want it, because a majority of players see //sel cuboid as an alien command.

Thank you for continuing to develop this amazing mod, but like I said, a clear selection key would be so convenient.
Posted ImageProudly owns Livecraft - www.live-craft.com

yetanotherx

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

View PostNuin, on 22 December 2011 - 09:04 AM, said:

Thanks for keeping this updated!

The command //sel cuboid used to clear the selection area. Any idea what does it now? Thanks!

It still is //sel cuboid. You can also use //desel to clear the selection, that's one of the new features in this mod.

View Postalfonsojon, on 22 December 2011 - 06:25 PM, said:

I would have a literal heart attack if you could add a keyboard shortcut to clear the selection, hopefully changeable in the keyboard binding options?

If you could do this, me and about 100 other users would actually want it, because a majority of players see //sel cuboid as an alien command.

Thank you for continuing to develop this amazing mod, but like I said, a clear selection key would be so convenient.

That's an idea to consider. I'll look into it. In the mean time, you can show them //deselect.

walrusteam8
  • Minecraft: walrusteam8
  • Xbox:IMz DIRTYDAN

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

looks gooood

Erazil
    Erazil

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Minecraft: Erazil

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:41 PM

just for say thanks you :)
if you like or agree with a post do not forget to push the Posted Image

Nuin
    Nuin

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

View Postyetanotherx, on 22 December 2011 - 06:27 PM, said:

It still is //sel cuboid. You can also use //desel to clear the selection, that's one of the new features in this mod.

I am running WorldEdit 5.0 and CraftBukkit 1.0.1, and //sel cuboid does not clear the selection, nor does //desel. The grid selection remains, only giving me the message "Cuboid: left click for point 1, right click for point 2". The only way it clears is if I reload WorldEdit via the console.

Posted Image

Oxguy3
    Oxguy3

Carpenter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 46 posts
  • Minecraft: oxguy3
  • Xbox:Oxguy3

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

Awesome mod; thanks for continuing it, yetanotherx! Anyway, I want to include this in a modpack I'm making for my server's users. I noticed you licensed this under EPL, and the terms of that look like I should be okay, but I'll ask anyway:

Can I have permission to include WorldEditCUI in my modpack? Thanks!

jliu168
    jliu168

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

View PostNuin, on 22 December 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

I am running WorldEdit 5.0 and CraftBukkit 1.0.1, and //sel cuboid does not clear the selection, nor does //desel. The grid selection remains, only giving me the message "Cuboid: left click for point 1, right click for point 2". The only way it clears is if I reload WorldEdit via the console.
That was a problem that existed in _303's version too, I just thought it was a bug that was going to be fixed in this version! :(

EDIT:
Also, I know for sure that //sel cuboid works perfectly when using Single Player Commands, so that's probably what he's telling you.

Posted Image

jliu168
    jliu168

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:43 PM

Nice to see a more stable release of this!  But there is something that I would like to have in this mod, and that would be a sort of preview of what you're pasting when you have something in your clipboard.  I was thinking of a translucent replica of what you're about to paste, like what it shows you when you're about to place a cover plate in Eloraam's Redpower mod.  This would be nice so you could see exactly where you're going to paste something!  But I would also like a disable command for this function, just because it could a bit annoying :P.

Also, what does the CUIkey do?  It looks like when you type in the beginning of a WorldEdit command, it'll tell you the variables you can use...

EDIT:
And if when you change the CUIkey in the controls it's supposed to update it in the config, it's not working for me.  And the //desel and //deselect commands aren't working for me either, maybe I just had trouble deleting _303's classes.

Posted Image

Nuin
    Nuin

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

View Postjliu168, on 22 December 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

That was a problem that existed in _303's version too, I just thought it was a bug that was going to be fixed in this version! :(

EDIT:
Also, I know for sure that b]//sel cuboid[/b] works perfectly when using Single Player Commands, so that's probably what he's telling you.

Yeah, I never used SPC simply because it is easier to run a localhost Bukkit server with WorldEdit, as well as WorldGuard, Falsebook, and other plugins as well. (I never did like playing in SSP anyways, should I want friends to join me on a private map.)

Deselecting an area isn't really a big deal, as I can just right and left click a single block elsewhere, it's just inconvenient.

Posted Image