[CTM] three_two's VINYL FANTASY Series [NEW Map! Industrial Park]

complete the monument ctm survival collection vinyl fantasy three_two

• Please log in to reply
1932 replies to this topic

three_two

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
SEARCH FOR RECORDS TO COMPLETE THE JUKEBOX MONUMENT!

Posted ImageNEWS:  

May 30, 2013: Vinyl Fantasy Industrial Park mini-map is now Available! This is a re-imagining of my original mini-map brought forward into Minecraft's new custom map possibilities. Still brutal as hell but, quite a bit more fun!

I have yet to release updated version of Vinyl Fantasy I & II. I highly recommend playing these maps in Minecraft version 1.2.5 as well as installing Last_Username's Lights Out mod to correct phantom skylight errors. Otherwise, I do plan to update these maps but, not until after the release of Vinyl Fantasy III. (No ETA. Don't ask.)

Posted ImageABOUT:

Vinyl Fantasy is a Complete The Monument style custom map series where the objective is to find hidden records (music disks) and return them to a JukeBox Monument. The Jukebox Monument is connected to an automated lighting system that will light up and lead you out with a victory tune by C418! These maps remain true to Minecraft's survival mechanics while adding a high level of difficulty, a list of objectives and an ultimate goal for the player. Based on the vanilla Minecraft experience, no mods, plug-ins or special texture packs are needed to play.

Posted ImageVF STANDARD RULES:
  • Find and complete the JukeBox Monument.
  • Find records hidden in Birdcages scattered around the map.
  • Always play on Easy difficulty or higher. No peaceful.
  • Survive in any way you can. You can place and break blocks, craft etc.
  • Do not leave the boundaries of the map and enter normally generated Minecraft terrain.
  • Do not use records dropped by Creepers to complete the JukeBox Monument.
  • Do not break the jukebox or wool blocks in the JukeBox Monument.
  • Do not use mods, server commands, plug-ins or 3rd party apps that give you an unfair advantage.
  • Some maps may have specific rules. Please refer to MAP SPECIFIC RULES section for each map.
Posted ImageMAPS:
VINYL FANTASY I:  Download
Spoiler:
VINYL FANTASY II:  Download

Spoiler:
VINYL FANTASY: Industrial Park:  Download NEW!
Spoiler:

Posted ImageBANNERS:
Spoiler:

Posted ImageLEGAL:
Users are free (and encouraged) to create videos of the MAPS and share the videos online, using websites such as YouTube or TwitchTV.  Users are also free to include advertisements and monetize their videos of my maps. Please include proper attribution to the author (three_two) along with a link to the Vinyl Fantasy MCForum thread somewhere in the video's description.Watching people play my maps is by far the best way for me to learn how to make better maps.  If you have made video's or LP's (Let's Play series) of my maps, then thank you very much!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
MAP (MAPS, plural) - Data that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove game content.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - (three_two) Original author(s) of the MAP. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MAP despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the map, person installing the map.

THESE MAPS ARE PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THESE MAPS TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THESE MAPS. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THESE MAPS FALL ON THE USER.
Use of these MAPS to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.

These MAPS may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of these MAPS must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of these MAPS (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.

These MAPS are provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of these MAPS require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.

"Vinyl Fantasy", "Jukebox Monument" and the "three_two'" brand are Trademarked ™(2011) by the author.  The MAPS herein and the character "three_two" are Copyright ?(2011) and are the intellectual property of the author (three_two).

By downloading the MAP files the USER automatically agrees to the above stated TERMS and CONDITIONS

Here are links to my Vinyl Fantasy logos which you are free to use in your videos:
Vinyl Fantasy:  http://imgur.com/ANEsL
Vinyl Fantasy II:  http://imgur.com/gBUMz
These graphics are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommo...icenses/by/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.

ON YOUTUBE:
ON TWITTER:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Robertx32

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

The map is just amaizing o.o Can you just tell me how you make those types of mountains (lava ones)

Im guessing its world edit but this is just.. xDDD
Posted Image

three_two

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

View PostRobertx32, on 21 December 2011 - 10:49 PM, said:

The map is just amaizing o.o Can you just tell me how you make those types of mountains (lava ones)

Im guessing its world edit but this is just.. xDDD

Thanks! Yep it's mostly World Edit and MCEdit. The lava mountains? Not sure which ones you mean...
Posted Image

Robertx32

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:58 PM

Last pic lava mountains. Hm.. im gonna try make floating islands with that later :9
Posted Image

Simdoom
    Simdoom

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

Good job looks great probably gonna try it out after i`ve beaten Spellbound caverns.

three_two

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:12 PM

View PostRobertx32, on 21 December 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

Last pic lava mountains. Hm.. im gonna try make floating islands with that later :9

Oh, yeah that's the World Edit brush tool. I make huge piles of gravel or sand with it. Then, instead of using the smoothing brush, I set it to small spheres of air blocks and chip away at the piles until I get the look I want. Then select the area and replace with desired block. To get the streaming effect, I poured water all over then replaced it with blocks. In this case, the mountains were neither rack and the streams were red wool.
:)
Posted Image

Robertx32

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

I poured water all over then replaced it with blocks

This is what i was wondering! Nice idea :D!
Posted Image

three_two

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:19 AM

View PostSimdoom, on 21 December 2011 - 10:59 PM, said:

Good job looks great probably gonna try it out after i`ve beaten Spellbound caverns.

Thanks Simdoom! Good luck with Spellbound Caverns :)
Posted Image

z_bill
    z_bill

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

Wow! This looks very impressive! How long you think the map will take?
Posted Image

algebraicAT333
  • Location: Wishing I was a dinosaur king at war with the fairy queen.
  • Minecraft: algebraicAT333

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:58 AM

Looks amazing and I love the clever name. Downloading now!
Posted Image
Super Hostile maps I've completed: Spellbound Caves (Yeah, I pretty much suck.)

z_bill
    z_bill

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:03 AM

Featured the map and wrote this over on CTM Central...

View Postz_bill, on 22 December 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

Pretty visually stunning inventive map here.

I messed around in it and absolutely love the monument. Like Kerblah's Twisted Logic maps, it's got you looking for records, BUT it lights them up when you place them. Perfect! I like the idea of records as goals and this remedies the problem of having no visual cues to whether you have completed them.

This is really the way CTM maps should go I think, using materials that make it impossible to cheat (ie: dye/collect wool). Honestly, it's always sort of bugged me that wool is the default material: lots of blocks/items could be used that are impossible to improperly attain.

Kinda wish it wasn't so large/difficult though, because I don't have the fortitude to jump into another giant map right now haha.

Posted Image

three_two

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:12 AM

View Postz_bill, on 22 December 2011 - 02:52 AM, said:

Wow! This looks very impressive! How long you think the map will take?

I had four people help me beta test the map. One blew through it in about four hours on his secon run-through just going gung ho without gathering many resources and grinding away at the dungeons till he got lucky. The other two finished in 12 and 15 hours. The last tester still hasn't finished yet xD

Guess its all in how you play it. I myself have not had the time to play through the map entirely but, I've thoroughly tested each area/dungeon individually and can say, it took me about 1-2 hours to clear each area and retrieve the record not including resource gathering.
Posted Image

three_two

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

View PostalgebraicAT333, on 22 December 2011 - 02:58 AM, said:

Looks amazing and I love the clever name. Downloading now!

Ahh thanks algebraicAT333! Enjoy :)
Posted Image

algebraicAT333
  • Location: Wishing I was a dinosaur king at war with the fairy queen.
  • Minecraft: algebraicAT333

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

I am going to post updates of my progress on this thread as I go to give the map more popularity and publicity.

Starting Off
Spoiler:

Discs: 1
Deaths: 0
Posted Image
Super Hostile maps I've completed: Spellbound Caves (Yeah, I pretty much suck.)

three_two

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

View PostalgebraicAT333, on 23 December 2011 - 10:50 PM, said:

I am going to post updates of my progress on this thread as I go to give the map more popularity and publicity.

Starting Off
Spoiler:

Discs: 1
Deaths: 0

Awesome! Sounds like your off to a good start!
Posted Image

bman1255
    bman1255

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:42 PM

Oh goodie, asif i didnt have enough on my MP schedule, now im complled to play this...

http://www.youtube.c...id?feature=mhee

*hint hint* expect videos SOON!

three_two

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

View Postbman1255, on 26 December 2011 - 02:42 PM, said:

Oh goodie, asif i didnt have enough on my MP schedule, now im complled to play this...

http://www.youtube.c...id?feature=mhee

*hint hint* expect videos SOON!

Nice! Definitely post those vids here. I'd love to see them :)
Posted Image

padsanda
    padsanda

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

JC has featured this (well the trailer video and map by extension) on his Minecraft Daily video from 12/26/11 (or 26/12/11...December 26th, 2011 - however you read it).

Assuming this is a massive and intricate world, I've got to finish up a few other maps first before trying this one out.  Really looking forward to it, though!  B)

three_two

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:53 AM

View Postpadsanda, on 26 December 2011 - 11:15 PM, said:

JC has featured this (well the trailer video and map by extension) on his Minecraft Daily video from 12/26/11 (or 26/12/11...December 26th, 2011 - however you read it).

Assuming this is a massive and intricate world, I've got to finish up a few other maps first before trying this one out.  Really looking forward to it, though!  B)

Whoa awesome!

This IS a pretty big map :o I already started working on a smaller (3 records) map. Still a ways from completion but, I'll probably turn this thread into a [collection] when I release it :)
Posted Image

Cornshot1

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

This map is simply amazing. It's both beautiful, and incredibly infuriating. I commend you on your artistic ability and capacity for evil.