• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Fastest way to level up?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Sirkrimzon10

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

Ive been playing on my world for a few days and it is impossible to get above level 20 in your xp bar because i noticed that xp works sort of like the call of duty games. The first 10 levels come really easily with only a few orbs required, sub sequentially after that, you require many MANY orbs to even go up one whole number in leveling up. In your opinion what is the best and easiest way to level up, so I can possibly get to level 40 before i grow gray hair?

Register or log in to remove.

sunperp
    sunperp

Solar Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 2341 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

I have found that a good multi-level slime farm is an excellent way to get lots of XP with minimal risk.

With the farm that I have right now, I can go from 0 XP levels to around 15 in one pass through the farm.  I have easily been able to work my way up into the mid-20s without much effort, although I have to admit I have never tried to get beyond level 30.

Sirkrimzon10

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:54 PM

then how to people expect to get level 49 enchainments?

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

I have a slime farm and it took 2 days to make and slimes spawn on occasion. I don't bother with slime leveling.

I find a dungeon, set up streams that take them out of the 16 block range to a collection point(I have a lava blade along the stream that makes them take some damage). As I'm on the forums right now I'm standing within 16 blocks of the dungeon while they zombies are collecting and I can go kill them and try to get silk touch again. :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

Crunkatog

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

Get a dungeon and build a conveyor away from it to a collection point. Let them build up, say 50 or 60 mobs in a small area, packed really tightly. Meanwhile you are idling close to the dungeon and making a bunch of splash Harm II potions.

When you're ready, go downstairs and toss a potion down into the holding pen. Since damage falloff from Harm potions is abrupt, all the mobs in the splash radius take full damage. Kill any survivors on the fringes with other potions, bow and arrow, or just jump down and finish 'em off. Run around and collect your 10-20 levels of XP orbs :)

Posted Image

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

View PostCrunkatog, on 21 December 2011 - 05:09 PM, said:

Get a dungeon and build a conveyor away from it to a collection point. Let them build up, say 50 or 60 mobs in a small area, packed really tightly. Meanwhile you are idling close to the dungeon and making a bunch of splash Harm II potions.

When you're ready, go downstairs and toss a potion down into the holding pen. Since damage falloff from Harm potions is abrupt, all the mobs in the splash radius take full damage. Kill any survivors on the fringes with other potions, bow and arrow, or just jump down and finish 'em off. Run around and collect your 10-20 levels of XP orbs :)
Wouldn't you use instant heal splash potions to hurt the undead mobs? The harm potions would only work on a spider spawner right?
Posted Image

Kugyince
  • Minecraft: Kugyince

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

Yep, fastest way is to find two spawners within 30 blocks of each other. Usually your best chance of that is cave spider spawners inside of NPC mines.

123deoliveira4

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

This:

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

Well, the fastest way is pressing B and spawning mobs in a pit then tossing splash potions. The way posted above this is the fastest legit way and the regular water canal dungeon method is the quickest legit to build.
Posted Image

darthmaulerX

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

As others have stated the rigging up of dungeons with water canals that funnel mobs to a point where you can slash their legs is ideal, in normal play.

But, without a doubt the fastest way to level up is to do what is shown on my avatar right now. It got me to level 123 and I now have two high level 40+ swords (Bane of Anthropods V,Fire Aspect II, Looting III and Smite V, Looting III) and an unbreakable III pick axe.

You can only do this once however. (currently) I wonder if there is a way to hatch the dragon egg for more XP drops.
When no one was looking, the Endermen took forty blocks.
They took 40 blocks. That’s as many as four tens. And that’s horrible.

Happy Fun Ball

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

Find a blaze spawner (or if you're real lucky, two near each other). Then after killing a few to get some blaze rods to make fire protection potions, go back and just keep killing them. Each blaze drops 10 XP (other monsters like zombies and creepers drop 5 XP), so your levels should go up real quick with minimal risk (except from the occasional ghast joining the fun if there's some open spots).
Posted Image

RuffleBump
  • Minecraft: RuffleBump

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

As I'm on the forums right now I'm standing within 16 blocks of the dungeon while they zombies are collecting and I can go kill them.

I love this, it is exactly what I do, or I go watch TV or play another game, lol.  Just have to watch out and not let them get out of hand, it has happened a few times.  

As far as construction, the way we do it is just dig straight down from the spawner, leave the spawn room the same size, go down 22 blocks, leave a hole to get into it at the bottom and just put one block of dirt so they don't get out.  We have now installed doors and hatches in all our spawners, so we can throw splash pots on them, make xp very fast.  We have a double zombie spawner that will get you to lvl 40 in about 45 min.  As stated above, just have to go do something for a bit and your good to go, just stand at the top waiting.
Posted Image

RincerOfwind

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

i have a grinder/xp farm.
theres an auto kill switch i havent included it in a vid yet mainly cause some of my software i playing up.

the lava has a piston stopping it from killing all mobs allowing access to the legs
Posted Image

Danster5oo
  • Minecraft: Danster5oo

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

I do this

you can also do this

Posted Image
Remember kids, when the mod crashes delete system32!

Eggsish
    Eggsish

Carpenter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Minecraft: Eggsish

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

View Postsunperp, on 21 December 2011 - 04:50 PM, said:

I have found that a good multi-level slime farm is an excellent way to get lots of XP with minimal risk.

With the farm that I have right now, I can go from 0 XP levels to around 15 in one pass through the farm.  I have easily been able to work my way up into the mid-20s without much effort, although I have to admit I have never tried to get beyond level 30.
Agreed. If you do manage to find a slime chunk you can just dig it out to allow more slimes to spawn and then go in there guns blazing. Like sunperp, I haven't gotten any higher than about 25 or so, but that's because I tend to die when I go gun powder hunting.

algebraicAT333
  • Location: Wishing I was a dinosaur king at war with the fairy queen.
  • Minecraft: algebraicAT333

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

Play Super Hostile.
Posted Image
Super Hostile maps I've completed: Spellbound Caves (Yeah, I pretty much suck.)

CatsGoBark
  • Minecraft: CatsGoBark

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

Well, killing the enderdragon levels you up like 100 times. Other than that, make an xp farm by dropping mobs 20 something blocks so they die in one hit allowing you to bathe in delicious XP
The fact that cats go bark is scientifically unproven to be 100% false.

yuyuhakushi
  • Minecraft: nicocjc

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

1) make a tower in the middle of a large desert

2) arm yourself with iron everything or better

3) rock out for 2-4 nights, during the day set up a underground complex under your tower full of random stuff (mine has a nether portal, furnaces for glass and melon farm)

< Posted Image >

help me or die inside

Dr.Whoosh

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

I've been running my PC today on a single zombie spawner mob trap.
It took almost exactly 10 hours to reach level 50 starting from level 0.

I could start a skeleton trap as I found one nearby, too bad I destroyed an easy dual spawning blaze area earlier :|

Crunkatog

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

View PostKyoShinda, on 21 December 2011 - 05:12 PM, said:

Wouldn't you use instant heal splash potions to hurt the undead mobs? The harm potions would only work on a spider spawner right?
Yes, this is correct. I'm thinking more along the lines of cave spiders or blazes.

Posted Image