You want to have everything cold but not snowy?
If you want something cold, then this texture pack is perfect:
PLEASE READ: Don't say something like "This sucks you did this in 5 minutes you just tint all blue.". No! I select every item/block at different parts and change their colors individually. It took me 2 weeks to make that, so I hope you like this.
This texturepack changes the temperature of the default MineCraft to temperatures under -20°c / -4f.
At day your house and the animals are frozen:
When it's getting dark monsters are coming:
Surviving at those temperatures with those circumstances is almost impossible...
Also the nether is frozen:
Here is a picture showing all blocks:
Didn't fix the firecolor in this picture, it's blue (see the nether picture)!
Also just noticed that the netherstuff is there 2 times!
- Biomecolors restricted to blue.
- Light colored blue (needs Optifine / MCPatcher).
- Animals and Monsters are frozen.
- Custom water, frozen lava, icy fire and cold portal (needs Optifine / MCPatcher).
- Blocks and Items are fully frozen.
- The End and Nether are frozen aswell!
- And more.
- Redstone destroying particles are still red.
- If something else is missing or bugged, tell me.
Download version 1.6.1 here:
NEEDS OPTIFINE FOR MANY THINGS TO BE WORKING!
IMPORTANT: To install do NOT put the .zip into the texturepacks folder, but EXTRACT it into the texturepacks folder.
Folderstructure: .minecraft/texturepacks/Iceblue/terrain.png, ...
Hope you like it
I don't think this gets very popular, but use this banner to spread the word!
- Initial Release
- Added Villagers
- Added the Player
- Froze the Pistonbase, Dispensers and Furnaces
- Froze some other items (Goldingot, Ironingot, Bricks, Clay, Bed and more)
- Fixed the sprint- and breakparticles of the chest beign brown.
- Gold- and Diamondblocks are colder.
- Made Sand look less cold.
Made the glass almost not viewable through.50% transparency glass doesn't work... Just made it a bit colder. Made the leaves look MORE white (like snow ontop of them).Not really, just made it a better color. Made the grass look MORE white (like snow ontop of it).Not really, just made it a better color.
- Fixed the cakeicon and the empty bowl.
- Froze some more icons (paper, book, seed, wheat and more).
- Froze the "dirtscreen" or the "old menu background".
- Froze the achivement-related icons.
- Froze the worn armor.
- Froze lava.
- Froze the portal.
- Froze the book of the enchantment table.
- Froze the clock.
- Froze the map.
- Finally froze the enderdragon!
- All blocks and items between 1.0.0 and 1.4.2 are now frozen!
- Birch and Pine leaves now have correct colors (needs Optifine / MCpatcher).
- Fog is now more cold (needs Optifine / MCpatcher).
- Fixed spawn eggs having wrong colored icicles.
- Desaturated TNT, both mushrooms and dandelion, fast side of grass block, bed, redstone lamp, jungle wood planks, slime ball, sugar cane, clay, raw fish, blaze rod and blaze powder.
- All cooked items no longed have icicles.
- Fixed redstone on the floor, the item and the ore not beign blue.
- Organized folders a little.
- Froze rotten flesh and cookies.
- Fixed glowstone dust and redstone dust having icicles (which wouldn't be logical).
- Added support for connected textures!
- Desaturated wood, stone slabs, sand stone and some more blocks I wasn't happy with.
I made everything myself. When using the texturepack (e.g. in a Youtube video), please add a link to this topic in the description.
The idea was also mine.