Latest News Article

Silk touch? What!?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Kagesmagergodt
  • Minecraft: Kagesmagergodt

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

(English is not my first language)

I'm just wondering what Silk touch is. Everybody is talking about it, and i have no idea what they are talking about.
Is it a mod? Is it an enchant thing? A glitch? What is it? and what do it do?

-(My name)
Can you see my name? It's Kagesmagergodt. Split it into 3 words: Kage-smager-godt (without "-"of course). I can tell you it's Danish, and it means: Cake tastes good

Register or log in to remove.

Muro
    Muro

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Location: Sleeping next to a sign that says "Do not disturb."
  • Xbox:Huh?
  • PSN:Muro45

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

It is enchantment witch allows  receive smooth stone from stone instead of cobblestone I think.

Posted ImagePosted Image

RoboCyclone
  • Minecraft: RoboCyclone

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

Silk Touch is a farely rare enchantment that you can get on a pickaxe. It allows you to obtain normally unobtainable things, such as Coal Ore, Redstone Ore, and Diamond Ore. It also allows you to harvest grass and get grass, harvest stone and get stone, and so on.
Anarchist, raider, and killer.

Magikpeople

It's a pickaxe enchantment that allows you to receive the exact same block when you mine a block.
For example, when you mine stone with Silk Touch, you get stone instead of cobblestone. It even works with ice and glass and other blocks that normally give nothing.

shipmaster

Silk touch is a enchantment for a pickaxe :P It basicly does not damage a block when it is mined. so like you mine stone, it will drop stone instead of cobble stone. Or if you mine diamond ore it will drop diamond ore instead of diamond.
Posted Image Hes pritty :D. Please click

allgamenocake
  • Minecraft: Faceboji

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

View PostKagesmagergodt, on 20 December 2011 - 08:28 PM, said:

(English is not my first language)

I'm just wondering what Silk touch is. Everybody is talking about it, and i have no idea what they are talking about.
Is it a mod? Is it an enchant thing? A glitch? What is it? and what do it do?

-(My name)

Silk touch is an enchantment that you can put on tools with the Enchanting Table in Minecraft.  It allows you to get the resource of the original block, instead of what it usually drops.  It is most commonly associated with mining.  For example, if you were to mine stone with a pick that has silk touch, you would get smooth stone instead of cobblestone.  I hope this answers your question!

Posted Image

simon588
    simon588

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

It's an enchantment wicth allows you to pick up the true form of a blokc, like coal ore block, diamond ore block, redstone ore block, etc. you can use it to tranport grass blocks, and get smooth stone easylly, it works on glowstone too, so you can get glowstone without miningen the dust

Kagesmagergodt
  • Minecraft: Kagesmagergodt

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

But how can i know what enchantment i'll get when i press it? There is not wrote anything
Can you see my name? It's Kagesmagergodt. Split it into 3 words: Kage-smager-godt (without "-"of course). I can tell you it's Danish, and it means: Cake tastes good

shinigami_ryukie
  • Minecraft: Flavoury

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

View PostKagesmagergodt, on 20 December 2011 - 08:34 PM, said:

But how can i know what enchantment i'll get when i press it? There is not wrote anything

Luck of the draw. Its usually around the 25-50 levels of exp. There are some ways to translate the words on the table to english but it still wot make sense.

HubbaBubba
  • Minecraft: MeneerGuus

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

View PostKagesmagergodt, on 20 December 2011 - 08:34 PM, said:

you cant

proshots
    proshots

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

you get smooth stone and things like coal ore and diamond ore

Lava Bucket
  • Location: I am disappointed that no one takes the location seriously.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

I remember one of my enchantments, as I translated them in english using a texture pack, was called THE ELDER SCROLLS OBLIVION :P
Silk touch is the rarest of enchantments, only given at levels 25-50. If you are desperate to get it, I recommend you use a gold pickaxe to enchant
Sorry, no signature!

jeffreym23

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

It can be used to mine glass and glowstone blocks without breaking them.

You used to be able to use it to get mob spawners and ice blocks in one of the 1.9 pre-releases, but that's been removed with 1.0.0.
Posted Image