Sure, any server out there can offer a large community, cooperative survival, and building. Here, at Society Rising, we take Minecraft SMP to the next level, while staying true to Minecraft's roots. With town-based building, helpful staff members, and a small yet outstanding and close community, Society Rising stands out from the usual freebuild. While nearer to the Minecraft you know and love, we have Lockette for peace-of-mind, tie-dye sheep for a bit of silliness, and a variety of anti-griefing plugins.
Many of our dedicated players have long histories of creating excellent buildings and towns in Minecraft. More importantly, all of our members are kind and welcoming to all other players. With an incredibly active six-man staff team, rule-breakers don't stand a chance. We've added PvP toggle, which uses a simple /pvp on or /pvp off command. Now, you can have fun in fights and still feel secure when you want to. We also have a 10 second cooldown, so you can't turn PvP off directly after being hit.
Society Rising launched in December 2011, and has since experienced much growth and change. After setting up quickly on our first map, our community made many beautiful creations and grew into a larger group of excellent users. We look forward to many more great months on Society Rising!
This server is hosted in Seattle, but we have users from many parts of the world!
A new world has been forged by the gods, and many races have been born. These are times of uncertain allies and dangerous enemies, and no one is certain of what will come. As nations rise and fall to ruins, only the strongest will survive.
1. No griefing. We have a zero-tolerance policy for griefers.
2. Our staff team is here to maintain the server. Be respectful towards them, don’t annoy them, and do what they ask.
3. No hacking or outside mods such as X-Ray! We WILL catch you using these and ban you on the spot. You may use minimaps as long as they don't help you obtain rare materials or give you any kind of unfair advantage.
4. Don't build anything ugly (ex. cobble boxes) or screw up the landscape (ex. completely clearing forests). Listen to staff regarding this.
5. Don’t be a dick. Be nice and respectful to all members.
6. Use common sense!
7. If you don't want to participate in the roleplay, please respect people who do. Don't taunt them or bother them, etc.
8. Don't be a dick with PvP (ex. attacking people for no reason). Don’t be a wuss either (ex. getting in a battle and then teleporting out).
9. If you’re not following the laws of local towns/nations on the server, turn PvP on. For example, if there’s a bounty on your head in a city, we will ban you for strolling around in that city with PvP off.
10. Have fun!
Additional Rules for Roleplay:
1. No metagaming. This just means that you only what your character knows, nothing else.
2. PvP may be intertwined with some RP, so if it is, and you're RPing, turn your PvP on.
3. If you're participating in the RP, don't suddenly quit RPing without warning, or vice versa.
4. You still follow the main rules of the server.
5. Don't stray too far from the main story. You're not an alien-fighting firefighter cowboy from Japan. Also, you don't have red eyes and a dark hood.
6. Important! Don't be cliche.
7. Keep it interesting! Don’t start whining about getting in a war you didn’t want or something.
8. Again, have fun!
Staff (These guys are important!)
With a donation of $5 or more, you get:
Blue name in-game
/hat – Put the block you’re currently holding on your head!
/top – Teleport on to the highest block above you!
/nick – Give yourself a nickname!
Ability to pilot ships!
Ability to make cannons!
With a donation of $10 or more, you get:
All the $5 benefits
Green name in-game
/sethome and /home
Ability to disguise yourself as a cow, chicken, pig, or sheep!
With a donation of $15 or more, you get:
All of the $10 and $5 benefits
Purple name in-game
Lightning when you join!
Ability to disguise as a squid, snow golem, villager, mooshroom, ocelot, or wolf!
Ability to TPA (Send a teleport request to someone, they can accept or deny.)
Ability to use /kit gold to get a full set of gold tools (lol) every 24 hours.
Access to special V.I.P. rooms in arenas and whatnot.
Please note, being a donator doesn't put you above the rules. If abused, powers can be taken away.
Whitelist application form:
Age (don't lie, it's not important):
Time Zone (look up time zones if you don’t know what they are):
Favorite kind of pie:
How long have you been playing Minecraft?:
What is your favorite part of Minecraft, and why?:
Describe yourself (personality, hobbies, etc.):
Any questions about the server (optional):
Instructions for applying:
- Fill out all parts of the form unless they are marked as optional.
- Write a decent amount. We don’t want one-word answers.
- Try to use correct grammar and spelling.
- Be honest.
To download a world, open the link and press Ctrl+S or go File > Download.
World #1: 1.0-1.2
World #2: Temp. 1.2
World $3: 1.2.5
How to control an airship!
Airships are donator-only, due to potential to be abused.
Left click a point of your airship with a minecart (this will be the point it pivots around when you turn, but if it's a center point, it doesn't work too well) and you should be in control. Click the air again with a minecart to de-select your ship.
When you have the boat selected, right click with a compass to move in that direction. Left click the sides of the ship with a compass to rotate (it's a bit buggy).
Aiships must be less than 256 blocks total.
This is 148, I would just make one in a similar style.
A final thank you to BeastNode, our host, they're seriously amazing.