Love the vidoes thanks for all the help and Merry Christmas

Register or log in to remove.

o1ofco2
    o1ofco2

Carpenter

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

merry Xmas to you, your wife and ur 3 kids Direwolf and thx for the sweet and nice gift :D
Spoiler:

TheSandwichMakr
  • Minecraft: TheSandwichMakr

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

Great lets play! Could you do a server lets play on dreamreaver23's server? YouTube.com/dreamreaver23

Posted Image

DanielRuns
    DanielRuns

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

Liking the new series so far. Have a holly jolly christmas!

o1ofco2
    o1ofco2

Carpenter

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

hey guys,

for all those, who dont like the original volume of the IC2-machines, i've lowered all the machines to have a "normal" volume which dont blow up ur ears everytime when u add some items in ur machines  :)

here a pick for "noklickprotection"  ;)
Posted Image

just follow the instructions in the .zip-file (its really easy).

Download:
lowered_IC2_sounds.zip

(remember: ive only lowered the machinesounds, not the tools or something (if the filename sugest something else))

have fun whithout earblasting or anoying sound-volume-changing anymore  B)
-o1
Spoiler:

Zakhep
    Zakhep

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Minecraft: Zakhep

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:46 AM

I'm unofficially racing you right now
I have 6+ stacks of mobius fuel, 4 glowstone args, 16 solar panels, induction furnace and the other advanced machines, 3 15x15 houses made of cobble, full diamond armor and more
I focus on IC and EE
I wonder what 2 mods you focus on

SOTMead
    SOTMead

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1666 posts
  • Minecraft: sotmead

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:09 AM

View PostZakhep, on 25 December 2011 - 02:46 AM, said:

I have 6+ stacks of mobius fuel, 4 glowstone args, 16 solar panels, induction furnace and the other advanced machines, 3 15x15 houses made of cobble, full diamond armor and more
I focus on IC and EE
lulz

Direwolf20

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:17 AM

View PostZakhep, on 25 December 2011 - 02:46 AM, said:

I focus on IC and EE

I try to even out the mods a bit, make sure they all get used.  I haven't done much with forestry yet, but thats coming rather soon!
Posted Image

Zakhep
    Zakhep

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Minecraft: Zakhep

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:09 AM

View PostDirewolf20, on 25 December 2011 - 03:17 AM, said:

I try to even out the mods a bit, make sure they all get used.  I haven't done much with forestry yet, but thats coming rather soon!
Ok then, I would like an official race though
and here's my mods(and other stuff) compare to you
Zakhep:
No Portal gun
Thorncraft installed
normal tin and copper spawn
Likes to have many addons
Has lots of playing time
No videos
Direwolf20:
Portal gun installed
No Thorncraft
double tin and copper spawn
Likes to have few addons
Has less playing time
Lets play series

Axxee127
    Axxee127

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:00 AM

View PostDirewolf20, on 24 December 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

I kept trying to read your post, but my eyes were on fire.  Nice sig :P.

Also Zip, I wouldn't be opposed to using a diamond or 2 for adv machines.  Its your call mate :).  You might want to have all the machines require a diamond or 2, for compression and high-speed centrifuges might need more powerful materials to withstand the pressure/speed.

lol yeah, its just something i picked up from a guy on the forums. caught my eye, and i saw what he was doing with the chain thing.

anyways, if zip would like, i could go through my head and see what kind of logical but moderately appropriate recipes i can come up with. whether or not he says anything, im gonna go ahead and start thinking. ill post some results later.
Posted Image
stolen from Awshox, who stole it from Switchs, who stole it from Badgerz, who stole it from Tirin

TheSandwichMakr
  • Minecraft: TheSandwichMakr

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

You make the best ic2 buildcraft redpower etc lets plays, have you thought of doing a server lets play on dreamreaver23's server? YouTube.com/dreamreaver23

Posted Image

Direwolf20

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:10 PM

Posted Image

starfyre7

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

Direwolf, you should add Plastic Craft to you mods. It installs fine with the mods that you have and a simple item id change makes its rubber the same as IC rubber. It is a very cool, though not that well known mod.

mkdamjance

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:55 AM

can u upload your world?

Balhat14
    Balhat14

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:10 AM

hey direwolf if you put 6 mobius fuel in the tranmutation table on philosiphor stone you get 1 diamond

emtffkev

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:19 AM

@Direwolf

Have you noticed or experienced an issue with the portal guns portal fizzling out and not allowing you to use them? I just had that happen to me :( Was a little ways from home to so that was pretty inconvenient lol

Givvix
    Givvix

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:59 AM

when i download all of your mods completely, the Forestry Engine Block has id #204 and the Portalblock wants id #204, does anyone know an empty slot i can change one or the other to?  Thank you.

- Givvix

Hexblood

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:28 AM

@DireWolf20

As per your asking in the video, I do not mind watching you figuring out your builds in the vids. However, if it does seem to go on and/or you end up spending A LOT of time rebuilding/fixing/modifying then you may want to cut it down and just do a brief recap of what you did.

I love your vids, your mod spotlights are my go-to vids for learning about mods (if you have covered it that is :P ). Looking forward to seeing what set-ups you build with Forestry.

I think one of the best things about this LP series is seeing ways to utilize all these mods together. I usually don't like LP series but I love the way you are doing yours. It is like one part LP and one part Spotlight/Tutorial.

I have started my own game using this same set of mods plus a few others. Your install vid was very helpful in getting that core block of mods installed. I also loaded ID Resolver and dependency and that made sorting out ID conflicts very easy.  

:Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: to you.
Posted Image

mickaboy72

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

View Postemtffkev, on 26 December 2011 - 03:19 AM, said:

@Direwolf

Have you noticed or experienced an issue with the portal guns portal fizzling out and not allowing you to use them? I just had that happen to me :( Was a little ways from home to so that was pretty inconvenient lol

just a quick fix which i discovered:
just quit and play again or just restart minecraft and voila test your portal gun again =]

Direwolf20

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:26 PM

View PostHexblood, on 26 December 2011 - 08:28 AM, said:

@DireWolf20

As per your asking in the video, I do not mind watching you figuring out your builds in the vids. However, if it does seem to go on and/or you end up spending A LOT of time rebuilding/fixing/modifying then you may want to cut it down and just do a brief recap of what you did.

I love your vids, your mod spotlights are my go-to vids for learning about mods (if you have covered it that is :P ). Looking forward to seeing what set-ups you build with Forestry.

I think one of the best things about this LP series is seeing ways to utilize all these mods together. I usually don't like LP series but I love the way you are doing yours. It is like one part LP and one part Spotlight/Tutorial.

I have started my own game using this same set of mods plus a few others. Your install vid was very helpful in getting that core block of mods installed. I also loaded ID Resolver and dependency and that made sorting out ID conflicts very easy.  

:Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: to you.

Thanks very much ;)
Posted Image