• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

bukkitcraft

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

llyodreade

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

can someone help and explain to me how to install this, i want to install mods on my multiplayer server such as christmas craft, ive had a look at some videos but no use.

So i have downloaded the crafbukkit thing from www.bukkit.org and i have titled it craftbukkit.jar, i have created a new folder on my desktop and i have called it bukkit i have put teh craftbukkit.jar into this folder, (im using a mac) I go to my terminal and now type cd desktop/bukkit > java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui it just comes up with "invalid or corrupt jarfile craftbukkit.jar"

Register or log in to remove.

hertzman5
  • Minecraft: iKyler

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

@ECHO OFF SET BINDIR=%~dp0 CD /D "%BINDIR%" "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx2048m -jar craftbukkit-1.0.1-R1.jar PAUSE  

The only difference is that the .jar name is different.
Posted Image

llyodreade

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:43 PM

View Posthertzman5, on 18 December 2011 - 10:39 PM, said:

@ECHO OFF SET BINDIR=%~dp0 CD /D "%BINDIR%" "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx2048m -jar craftbukkit-1.0.1-R1.jar PAUSE  

you want me to copy and past the whole of this code, but chagning the .jar file name of course?

steelraptor

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

View Posthertzman5, on 18 December 2011 - 10:39 PM, said:

WRONG.  That is a launch command for a Windows environment.
Join my developing survival server at
steelraptor.info

llyodreade

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

View Poststeelraptor, on 18 December 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

WRONG.  That is a launch command for a Windows environment.
thought so haha

steelraptor

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

View Postllyodreade, on 18 December 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

can someone help and explain to me how to install this, i want to install mods on my multiplayer server such as christmas craft, ive had a look at some videos but no use.

So i have downloaded the crafbukkit thing from www.bukkit.org and i have titled it craftbukkit.jar, i have created a new folder on my desktop and i have called it bukkit i have put teh craftbukkit.jar into this folder, (im using a mac) I go to my terminal and now type cd desktop/bukkit > java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui it just comes up with "invalid or corrupt jarfile craftbukkit.jar"

Sounds like when your renamed it your either corrupted the file or it doesn't have run permissions.  Redownload and rename it again and also check to make sure it has the permissions to run.  Mac is a Unix system and is very dependent on permissions.  So always double check them.

View Postllyodreade, on 18 December 2011 - 10:45 PM, said:

thought so haha

If you aren't sure don't post that info.  It just makes the situation worse for someone who doesn't have a basic understand of their own computer.
Join my developing survival server at
steelraptor.info

llyodreade

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

View Poststeelraptor, on 18 December 2011 - 10:47 PM, said:

Sounds like when your renamed it your either corrupted the file or it doesn't have run permissions.  Redownload and rename it again and also check to make sure it has the permissions to run.  Mac is a Unix system and is very dependent on permissions.  So always double check them.

If you aren't sure don't post that info.  It just makes the situation worse for someone who doesn't have a basic understand of their own computer.
Ok thanks for the info and help, this is what i decided to do, redownload it like you said, but this time i didnt change the name and just typed in terminal cd desktop/bukkit > java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit-1.0.1-r1.jar nogui and its worked :)