• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can't pick stuff up! :(

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Blakbewwy

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

Hey, I wanted to say that since the update, picking stuff up is impossible for me.. WHY? Is it the same for any of you?
Experienced Modders/Coders - CONTACT ME IF YOU AREN'T BUSY!

Register or log in to remove.

royskywalker

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:43 PM

Here is what I can explain/

When i play, my shitty connection makes me lag out sometimes. Shortly before lagging out, I noticed that breaking blocks, placing blocks, and picking up anything and even chatting doesnt work. So if you break a block and it appears again, or if you cant pick, it means either your internet connection is laggy, about to crash, or I just dont know what im talking about.

Probably the latter. But I dont know, maybe you should try other Servers ? can you still pick up things on them ?

Sinful
    Sinful

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

Blakbewwy said:

Hey, I wanted to say that since the update, picking stuff up is impossible for me.. WHY? Is it the same for any of you?

Did you just die?  I believe many people are having problems with picking up items after death, and the solution is to log out and back in.

I haven't had that issue yet, because when I died all my items completely vanished, so there was nothing to worry about picking up.

Also, some items just aren't pick-up-able last I knew .. i.e. Sheep's Wool, unless this has been fixed.  I broke a chest once, to move it, and all the items spilled out but were not able to be picked up before as well.  Lost about 300+ redstone dust and all the server's harvested wood.

andrem90
    andrem90

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Minecraft: AndreAndre

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:23 PM

If you first connect to a server with your old inventory, you will first of all vomit all items across the place. Then you're invisible for other players. You can't take damage, you can't pickup stuff, you can't press buttons. We call this the "Ghost Mode". When you want to fix this, place all your stuff in a chest. (Or even better: don't) and reset your inventory by deleting your player.dat file.
Then rejoin and voilĂ , you're no longer a ghost.

(Awesome explanation, eh?)

FlyingVe
    FlyingVe

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:48 AM

You wouldn't happen to know where player.dat is on a mac would you?

zombies ate me

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:40 AM

where is the player.dat?
=
<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgame...3333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi.../getflashplayer

Juze
    Juze

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 5724 posts
  • Minecraft: Juze

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

Player.dat is in world folder.
Posted Image
AngelCraft 64 Texture Pack v2.0.2 (Beta 1.8.1)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Nerd, geek, server admin, guy wearing a rainbow skin (with an office suit of epicness)? That's me.

Swingerzetta said:

Juze has spoken, and so it will be.

Doomthief said:

1. Cry a river
2. Build a bridge
3. Get over it

andrem90
    andrem90

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Minecraft: AndreAndre

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

It depends on your Server.

On mine, its located here:

/world/players/AndreAndre.dat (for example!)