Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

disable mobs?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1

jijiya
    jijiya

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:37 AM

Ok I am running my own server and as of the latest server I myself along with a person who plays on my server have encountered invisible mobs in peaceful mode.. so we been playing it on easy so we can at least see them.  So my question is how do I disable monsters?.. I did some looking around and some of the stuff I found made me think there was a way to disable the monsters, but I have not found how to do it.  I am running the alpha server and have looked in the help on the server for server commands but I have not seen anything that has anything to do with monsters.

Register or log in to remove.

#2

pSi420
    pSi420

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

Find your server.properties text file and change: monsters-spawn=true    to   monsters-spawn=false

#3

phaed
    phaed

    Carpenter

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

I've seen some server selectively removing certain mobs only.  How is this done?
Bukkit plugins:  PreciousStones, SimpleClans

#4

jijiya
    jijiya

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

pSi420 said:

Find your server.properties text file and change: monsters-spawn=true    to   monsters-spawn=false

and if its already on monster spawn = false? perhaps this is a new bug?

#5

Kruemelkatze

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

My question somehow fits in this old post (so I'm digging it out):
Is there any option or plugin (I use bukkit) that prevents mobs from spawning at night/dark places, but still lets monster spawners enabled?

Thank you

#6

malao567
  • Location: Oregon
  • Minecraft: malao567
  • Xbox:malao567

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

View Postjijiya, on 25 November 2010 - 10:37 AM, said:

Ok I am running my own server and as of the latest server I myself along with a person who plays on my server have encountered invisible mobs in peaceful mode.. so we been playing it on easy so we can at least see them.  So my question is how do I disable monsters?.. I did some looking around and some of the stuff I found made me think there was a way to disable the monsters, but I have not found how to do it.  I am running the alpha server and have looked in the help on the server for server commands but I have not seen anything that has anything to do with monsters.
Simple fix, just go into server.properties and change spawn monsters and/or spawn animals to false
-Mal

#7

commanderAIK
  • Minecraft: commanderAIK

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

View Postjijiya, on 26 November 2010 - 10:00 AM, said:

and if its already on monster spawn = false? perhaps this is a new bug?

Yeah, that happens to me too
Posted Image

#8

commanderAIK
  • Minecraft: commanderAIK

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

FOUND IT its a multiverse problem in the configs
Posted Image