• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort:recv failed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Cutecat42
  • Minecraft: Cutecat42

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

I posted this question in the Support forum, but as it seems no one there knows the answer, I'm posting it here. Why am I getting

Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort:recv failed

or some sort of variation of that every few minutes when I play multiplayer? Is it because of 1.0.0? I've updated java, re-downloaded minecraft (by deleting it completely), have nothing extra installed in the minecraft.jar (no mods/texture packs), etc. Please help me!!! This is really annoying!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Zkyo
    Zkyo

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Location: A small floating island with a lone tree and a chest
  • Minecraft: Zkyo

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

As far as i know, that message just means you/the server lagged for a moment, and kicked you out. Are there alot of players online when this happens? Tons of players can put alot of stress on the server, which will emphasize some lag spikes, which kicks players. I suggest going on at a time when there are less players online. If that doesn't help, idk then.
Posted Image

Manningliu
  • Minecraft: manningliu

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

I got the same error, but it's just wit on server. I can't log on to the server, and the server runs bukkit just so you know.