Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

The Nether Boss


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1

Slushey
    Slushey

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:44 AM

Now that the Overworld has a boss, the Ender Dragon, I think we need to give the Nether one.

My suggestion for a Nether boss would be a demon, the size of a ghast (if not bigger). This demon would be a necromancer who raises hordes of un-dead creatures such as Zombie Pigmen, Skeletons and Zombies to fight you. The demon would be in a chamber in a Nether Fortress and would be sealed away in there unable to leave. When you attack him a few times he will teleport around the room and summon more minions to protect himself.

Perhaps a reward could be a staff which when worn turns all un-dead mobs neutral against you.

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Flannelboy

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:45 AM

The overworld doesn't have a boss; the end does.

#3

SuaceOfEpicness45
  • Minecraft: jacko0808

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:57 AM

I like the idea of the boss, it fits The Nether perfectly, Good idea that's all I can say...  :)
Check out my clan Red Legion, first to few join get high ranks! also skins are at minersneedcoolshoes.com :)
Posted Image

#4

Slushey
    Slushey

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:10 AM

View PostFlannelboy, on 15 December 2011 - 05:45 AM, said:

The overworld doesn't have a boss; the end does.
Yeah, but The End is reached through the Overworld. I am suggesting that the Nether boss is reached through the Nether.

#5

Dragontamerx
  • Location: Can't talk, taming dragon.
  • Minecraft: Need new one...

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:01 AM

Well, I thought of an entirely different concept of a nether boss. But yeah. pretty cool.  Never thought of a nether Fortress as his home.
Removed Herobrine
Posted Image

#6

cheddercheese99
  • Location: Check your mirror.
  • Minecraft: Cheddercheeese

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:13 AM

Oh, yeah.

I was thinking that when you came through the portal, the zombie pigmen will lead you to a place where there's a Giant Blaze, if you kill him without hurting any pigmen, they give you diamonds, but I guess this works to.
Posted Image

#7

Dragontamerx
  • Location: Can't talk, taming dragon.
  • Minecraft: Need new one...

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:45 AM

View Postcheddercheese99, on 21 December 2011 - 07:13 AM, said:

Oh, yeah.

I was thinking that when you came through the portal, the zombie pigmen will lead you to a place where there's a Giant Blaze, if you kill him without hurting any pigmen, they give you diamonds, but I guess this works to.

I was thinking more of a...

(well, i posted it.)
Removed Herobrine
Posted Image

#8

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

    Enderman Ender

  • Members
  • 8155 posts
  • Location: Colorado

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

Like I've said many times before, a giant [insert mob we already have here] is a pathetic excuse for an addition to the game. Having demons is an often recycled idea also. It would probably look demonic but please don't call it a demon for the sake of overused cliches'.
Posted Image

#9

Dragontamerx
  • Location: Can't talk, taming dragon.
  • Minecraft: Need new one...

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:53 AM

View PostKyoShinda, on 21 December 2011 - 07:52 AM, said:

Like I've said many times before, a giant [insert mob we already have here] is a pathetic excuse for an addition to the game. Having demons is an often recycled idea also. It would probably look demonic but please don't call it a demon for the sake of overused cliches'.

Yeah i hate the demon idea. They always twist it so badly.
Removed Herobrine
Posted Image

#10

Glett
    Glett

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:57 AM

View PostSlushey, on 15 December 2011 - 06:10 AM, said:

Yeah, but The End is reached through the Overworld. I am suggesting that the Nether boss is reached through the Nether.
Both the End and the Nether are reached by making/repairing portals in the Overworld, meaning they're both separate dimensions and both from the Overworld.
I think it should be some kind of massively giant burrowing worm (not trying to rip off Terraria), so as to account for the Nether being a giant cave system. Maybe it could only be harmed by using a sword with the Smite enchantment?

Totalbiscuit said:

You'll be a happier person if you're miserable all the time.

#11

Dragontamerx
  • Location: Can't talk, taming dragon.
  • Minecraft: Need new one...

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

View PostGlett, on 21 December 2011 - 07:57 AM, said:

Both the End and the Nether are reached by making/repairing portals in the Overworld, meaning they're both separate dimensions and both from the Overworld.
I think it should be some kind of massively giant burrowing worm (not trying to rip off Terraria), so as to account for the Nether being a giant cave system. Maybe it could only be harmed by using a sword with the Smite enchantment?

How about a herobrine like creature that can change the nether terrain?
Removed Herobrine
Posted Image

#12

Glett
    Glett

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:11 AM

View PostDragontamerx, on 21 December 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

How about a herobrine like creature that can change the nether terrain?
That would be amazing if you mean what I hope you mean. I can imagine a player model with molten slime skin and yellow eyes, surrounded by a tornado of netherrack blocks (same shape as the tornado mod). You would have to shoot arrows past the netherrack (would have to be fairly dense) to hit, otherwise they just stick into the netherrack blocks. To attack he would lift up nearby netherrack blocks and launch them at you. He would also have to have the ability to shut down nearby portals to stop cowards from just running.

Totalbiscuit said:

You'll be a happier person if you're miserable all the time.

#13

Dragontamerx
  • Location: Can't talk, taming dragon.
  • Minecraft: Need new one...

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:17 AM

View PostGlett, on 21 December 2011 - 08:11 AM, said:

That would be amazing if you mean what I hope you mean. I can imagine a player model with molten slime skin and yellow eyes, surrounded by a tornado of netherrack blocks (same shape as the tornado mod). You would have to shoot arrows past the netherrack (would have to be fairly dense) to hit, otherwise they just stick into the netherrack blocks. To attack he would lift up nearby netherrack blocks and launch them at you. He would also have to have the ability to shut down nearby portals to stop cowards from just running.

Woah!!!

You beat my idea hands down!

Holy heck!

Would he be on a floating island in the middle of a lake of lava or just roaming around?

maybe he could also spit out fireballs that explode and spawn A hostile nether mob that is powered up to 5x it's normal strength.
Removed Herobrine
Posted Image

#14

Glett
    Glett

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

View PostDragontamerx, on 21 December 2011 - 08:17 AM, said:

Woah!!!

You beat my idea hands down!

Holy heck!

Would he be on a floating island in the middle of a lake of lava or just roaming around?

maybe he could also spit out fireballs that explode and spawn A hostile nether mob that is powered up to 5x it's normal strength.
That island idea would be awesome! It could have a bunch of nether ruins and maybe some sort of altar to summon him, just so that he's optional.
A hostile, overpowered nether mob? Hell hounds anyone? Maybe a larger wolf (almost height of player) with the same texture as the boss himself.

Totalbiscuit said:

You'll be a happier person if you're miserable all the time.

#15

Dragontamerx
  • Location: Can't talk, taming dragon.
  • Minecraft: Need new one...

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:31 AM

View PostGlett, on 21 December 2011 - 08:25 AM, said:

That island idea would be awesome! It could have a bunch of nether ruins and maybe some sort of altar to summon him, just so that he's optional.
A hostile, overpowered nether mob? Hell hounds anyone? Maybe a larger wolf (almost height of player) with the same texture as the boss himself.

You just keep one upping me!

I was thinking small barren obsidean and overpowered normal mob!

Holy heck!

What about molten spiders?
Removed Herobrine
Posted Image

#16

Flyingpig29
  • Location: In the Mind Tower, using the psychokinetic powers granted by the Doom Timepiece to alter the Fate Scales and determine when the apocalypse will happen.
  • Minecraft: Notch ;D

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

View PostGlett, on 21 December 2011 - 07:57 AM, said:

Both the End and the Nether are reached by making/repairing portals in the Overworld, meaning they're both separate dimensions and both from the Overworld.
I think it should be some kind of massively giant burrowing worm (not trying to rip off Terraria), so as to account for the Nether being a giant cave system. Maybe it could only be harmed by using a sword with the Smite enchantment?

GAH this was what I was going to reply with... Like, something with an awesome and terrifying name, like...

THE MORTUS IGNAWYRM!

...And it would move REALLY slowly, but destroy everything it came upon, and be defended by Ghasts and attacked by Z pigs and blaze and lava cubes, and you have to cut into it to destroy it. Once inside, each worm segment holds some blind annelid guardian, and you work your way through to the head, and stab its brain. Then it will drop some really rare item, like a netherdiamond or something.
Posted Image

View PostSnerus, on 14 December 2011 - 01:57 AM, said:

In Capitalist America, bank robs you.

#17

Glett
    Glett

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

View PostDragontamerx, on 21 December 2011 - 08:31 AM, said:

You just keep one upping me!

I was thinking small barren obsidean and overpowered normal mob!

Holy heck!

What about molten spiders?
Oh snap molten spiders would be cool! (and REALLY annoying, i.e. perfect!)
As for a reward for defeating him, I think it should give you some sort of ingredient (netherdust?) that could be combined with the enderdragon egg to form a red dragon egg. When the new egg is used it would spawn a single red dragon in your world, which would be later fought or tamed or whatever.
Dam I hope someone makes a mod out of this...

Totalbiscuit said:

You'll be a happier person if you're miserable all the time.

#18

DarqueJoey

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

great idea gold ingots 4 u :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar:
Posted Image

#19

Dragontamerx
  • Location: Can't talk, taming dragon.
  • Minecraft: Need new one...

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

View PostGlett, on 21 December 2011 - 08:39 AM, said:

Oh snap molten spiders would be cool! (and REALLY annoying, i.e. perfect!)
As for a reward for defeating him, I think it should give you some sort of ingredient (netherdust?) that could be combined with the enderdragon egg to form a red dragon egg. When the new egg is used it would spawn a single red dragon in your world, which would be later fought or tamed or whatever.
Dam I hope someone makes a mod out of this...

No wait... how about.. when you "kill" him, the lava reforms and he flies off?

And the item is a sort of terrain map that you can use your mouse on and move everything nearby you however you please. including mobs and entities. Oh, and change some too (ie. turn a pig into a baby pig, a snow golem into snow blocks, a zombie into a creeper, etc.)

And AND! when low on health, it summons a nether beast that heals it to full health, and you must destroy the beast (whilst dodging the nether boss) to be able to defeat him.
Removed Herobrine
Posted Image

#20

Glett
    Glett

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:58 AM

View PostDragontamerx, on 21 December 2011 - 08:49 AM, said:

No wait... how about.. when you "kill" him, the lava reforms and he flies off?

And the item is a sort of terrain map that you can use your mouse on and move everything nearby you however you please. including mobs and entities. Oh, and change some too (ie. turn a pig into a baby pig, a snow golem into snow blocks, a zombie into a creeper, etc.)

And AND! when low on health, it summons a nether beast that heals it to full health, and you must destroy the beast (whilst dodging the nether boss) to be able to defeat him.
Crap... Now I really want to play this... Someone should copy this stuff into a mod suggestion thread (I'm far too lazy :P (I still want credit))

Totalbiscuit said:

You'll be a happier person if you're miserable all the time.