Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

100 sheep and no wool

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

OoieGooie

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

Hi all,

Iv been searching the web on why my sheep won't eat grass?  I have tried the following:
- breed tons of sheep
- keep them in very small areas.
- keep them in very large areas.
- move them to a new location.
- feed, feed, feed them hay.
- separated some sheep into small communities

It seems the only way I can get wool is to breed them and shear the wool off the new stock.  As it is, I have tons and tons of sheep with no wool.  Its ridiculous.

Oh, and yelling "eat grass ya stupid *****" doesn't help either.   <_<

Any help would be fantastic!

Cheers.

Register or log in to remove.

Holylifestar

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

This isn't released in the full version of the game yet, only the test releases.

Bindal
    Bindal

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2268 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

Are you using the correct version (current pre-release and not official release)?
Using the right kind of grass as well?

Thought about maybe giving them more time while staying close enough so their chunk won't get unloaded?

Bartholomeus
  • Minecraft: Bartholomeus

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

WHAT A FAILURE! :S DOWNLOAD THE SNAPSHOT PREVIEW WEEK 49!!!
Shouldn't you be busy with your homework right now?! >:D (I should.. :S)

HazyHills
  • Minecraft: HazyHills
  • Xbox:HazyHills

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

View PostOoieGooie, on 14 December 2011 - 01:25 PM, said:

Oh, and yelling "eat grass ya stupid *****" doesn't help either.   <_<

I really did lol at that xD

Toilet_Ninja
  • Minecraft: Toilet_Ninja

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:30 PM

Shove it down their throats.
Posted Image
aw gees

StalePhish
  • Minecraft: StalePhish

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

Which kind of grass? Do you just have dirt blocks with grass grown on top, or are you using tall grass? I think tall grass is what is required

haxjagarn
  • Minecraft: haxjagarn

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

View PostStalePhish, on 14 December 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

Which kind of grass? Do you just have dirt blocks with grass grown on top, or are you using tall grass? I think tall grass is what is required
They eat both kinds of grass, if there is tall grass on the block they stand on they eat that, and if there are no tall grass then they eat the grass from the dirtblock. He probably just doesn't have the snapshot downloaded

Posted Image

build your portals closer than ever

yuyuhakushi
  • Minecraft: nicocjc

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

while i liked the 1.9 prereleases, im starting to think that the constant prerelease presence is starting to affect our IQ...

< Posted Image >

help me or die inside

Beven
    Beven

Carpenter

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:29 PM

Don't understand why wool regen wasn't released in the first place to be honest  :rolleyes:

Propa_Tingz

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

Just feed them food. Take care of them until they birth offspring. And as their offsprings eyes first open --first glimmer of light and life flooding through their innocent eyes-- and their parents are lovingly coddling them, slaughter its parents. cut them down piece by piece in front of their newly born as it sits in the corner watching in utter horror. Laugh maniacally over its parents slowly despawning corpses. Point your sword at the little one, as if to utter the promise "you are next". you may even punch the little one once or twice if you wish, harmful but not fatal. Then open the gate, leave, and wait for it to mature, all the while it thinks about its fate, confined, unable to retreat from its prison of masochistic slaughter and wretched torment. :lol:

Or just wait until the new client comes out and they regenerate wool.
Rippin needles off the meter
Posted Image

OoieGooie

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

LOL, thanks for the replies.  

The grass is green with the odd tall grass here and there.  I did move a bunch to various area's but no go.  They don't like grass.  Maybe steak?   :rolleyes:

My version is 1.0.0 from the main site.

I have seen someone make small pens with 2 adults in each.  Feed them hay, they make a baby, baby grows, you shear its wool, kill baby = repeat.  Have like 5 pens.  But I couldn't be stuffed doing that.

Flashborn

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

View PostPropa_Tingz, on 14 December 2011 - 02:35 PM, said:

Just feed them food. Take care of them until they birth offspring. And as their offsprings eyes first open --first glimmer of light and life flooding through their innocent eyes-- and their parents are lovingly coddling them, slaughter its parents. cut them down piece by piece in front of their newly born as it sits in the corner watching in utter horror. Laugh maniacally over its parents slowly despawning corpses. Point your sword at the little one, as if to utter the promise "you are next". you may even punch the little one once or twice if you wish, harmful but not fatal. Then open the gate, leave, and wait for it to mature, all the while it thinks about its fate, confined, unable to retreat from its prison of masochistic slaughter and wretched torment. :lol:

Or just wait until the new client comes out and they regenerate wool.

As a vegetarian I understand your parallel ;)

~Flashborn
A guide to mobfarms, both passive and agressive: http://www.minecraft...00#entry4882700

Travuersa
    Travuersa

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2499 posts
  • Minecraft: Travuersa

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

View PostOoieGooie, on 14 December 2011 - 04:28 PM, said:

LOL, thanks for the replies.  

The grass is green with the odd tall grass here and there.  I did move a bunch to various area's but no go.  They don't like grass.  Maybe steak?   :rolleyes:

My version is 1.0.0 from the main site.

I have seen someone make small pens with 2 adults in each.  Feed them hay, they make a baby, baby grows, you shear its wool, kill baby = repeat.  Have like 5 pens.  But I couldn't be stuffed doing that.

And where did you find this thing that told you that sheep eat grass in 1.0?

OpelSpeedster
  • Minecraft: OpelSpeedster

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

They won't eat grass in 1.0.0. You have to use the 1.1.0 Prerelease 2.

I totally did not change my avatar just to stop Waddlesail from eating me. Nothing to see here.
no really i didnt

best trailer ever

OoieGooie

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

View PostTravuersa, on 14 December 2011 - 04:35 PM, said:

And where did you find this thing that told you that sheep eat grass in 1.0?

There are so many patch updates I didnt bother read them all. Figured wool regen was part of the game as iv seen youtube flics with it.  Plus Im a returning player after about a year.  Iv found so many bugs I wasn't sure if wool regen is suppose to work or not.

Man, im going on a sheep killing spree...  :blink:

Here we go... 1.1.0 - Re-added sheep eating grass.
Found on wiki.  Sigh, now I find something.

Edited by OoieGooie, 14 December 2011 - 05:51 PM.