• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

I can't connect to my Minecraft server?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Zarkilor2

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

Whenever I try to connect to my server, it says "Can't reach server" in the initial server select screen and when I try to join it, it says "Failed to connect to the server, Connection refused: connect." I know this a common problem, but I successfully forwarded  my 25565 ports (TCP and UDP) on my Belkin router. I also made my IP static by changing the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS servers to the ones listed on my ipconfig.  I did this manually and with Simple Port Forward to double-check also. I am using Bukkit which I installed using ImminentFate's CraftBukkit Installer to avoid any hassle. However, the server gets up and running just fine, but I cannot connect to it. I've also confirmed by going to canyouseeme.org to see if my 25565 port was open and it said it was. I have set up servers in this exact same fashion on other computers, but I am really not sure why it is not working on my own home computer. If someone could please explain what I could possibly have done wrong or a step I have skipped, it would be much appreciated, as I would very urgently like to start my server.

Register or log in to remove.

Beta_Failure
  • Minecraft: Beta_Failure

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

This might help, might not. Try it, though: Here
Posted Image

Harry_baggs
  • Minecraft: Harry_baggs

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

Is this server on the same computer as the one you are using to play minecraft?
Try connecting using localhost:25565
If that fails, make sure you internal Ip is in the server.properties

Posted Image

Added forge compatibility to Reis Minimap 1.7.2 Beta, Enjoy. c;

Cenecal
    Cenecal

Carpenter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Minecraft: Cenecal

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

View PostZarkilor2, on 12 December 2011 - 10:08 PM, said:

Whenever I try to connect to my server, it says "Can't reach server" in the initial server select screen and when I try to join it, it says "Failed to connect to the server, Connection refused: connect." I know this a common problem, but I successfully forwarded  my 25565 ports (TCP and UDP) on my Belkin router. I also made my IP static by changing the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS servers to the ones listed on my ipconfig.  I did this manually and with Simple Port Forward to double-check also. I am using Bukkit which I installed using ImminentFate's CraftBukkit Installer to avoid any hassle. However, the server gets up and running just fine, but I cannot connect to it. I've also confirmed by going to canyouseeme.org to see if my 25565 port was open and it said it was. I have set up servers in this exact same fashion on other computers, but I am really not sure why it is not working on my own home computer. If someone could please explain what I could possibly have done wrong or a step I have skipped, it would be much appreciated, as I would very urgently like to start my server.
Perhaps you've not downloaded it correctly? Try writing down your multiplayer IP's (Just to not loose them.) Put your advanced worlds in a temporary file out of minecraft, and re-install.  I was missing a loading file for multiplayer, and I had to re-install it.  It also COULD mean that your server MAY be 'spazzing', but it's not likely.  If this helps, I am new to these forums so approve my message. (If that's possible...)
This is my signature. Jealous?
I bet so.

Zarkilor2

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

View PostHarry_baggs, on 12 December 2011 - 10:12 PM, said:

Is this server on the same computer as the one you are using to play minecraft?
Try connecting using localhost:25565
If that fails, make sure you internal Ip is in the server.properties

Well yes and no, because I play Minecraft on the host computer and on a different computer, sometimes. The desired goal would be able to play Minecraft on the host computer and different computers.

I know localhost will work for sure, as it always does, but my intent is not to always play the server from the computer I'm hosting the server on.

Zarkilor2

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

View PostBeta_Failure, on 12 December 2011 - 10:10 PM, said:

This might help, might not. Try it, though: Here

Sorry, but I don't get the "Invalid server key" error, but thanks for trying to help.

HugeHandsBob

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:27 AM

I have the same problem. My server and client (both 1.0.0) were connecting a week ago.  I thought that was a big accomplishment.  But then then the connection just quit working.  Minecraft looks like it only works for serious hackers. It is not any fun for me.

GigglesGlad

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

I too have this problem. I was running a perfectly working server about two weeks ago, but now I can't even connect to my own server.