Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

- - - - -

Behind The Scenes at Minecon, Part 2

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Sacheverell

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

We recently showed you a bit about what went into the making of Minecon, covering the logistics of setting up the convention, and the overall experience itself - and now, there's more!  This episode touches a bit more on the personal side of Minecon; we talk about the attendees, including a few stories about getting to Minecon, meeting Minecraft Chick, and more.  We also address the "rock star" aura of Mojang's employees, noting the air of mystery and presence that follows them in the wake of their smash-hit indie title.  If you want to see a more personal side of Minecon, this is definitely worth a watch!

Minecon was, without a doubt, one of the best conventions we've had the pleasure of attending; the attendees were great to meet, Mojang had some great shows put together, and the numerous sponsors had a staggering amount of actvities, including a sneak-peek at the XBOX version of Minecraft.  We had a great time this year, and look forward to doing it again!

Register or log in to remove.

KeKoSlayer29
  • Minecraft: KeKoSlayer29

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

Minecon FTW!

Swizzle firma

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

Would be great to see some Minecon footage/reports from an adults perspective and not kids.

Not having a dig at this report, its all good - but everything I've seen in regard to minecon has been aimed for children. Something for the more mature/older person would be great :)   I hate children, annoying little creepers :P Booooom!

Choobed
    Choobed

Iron Miner

• Retired Staff
  • 275 posts
  • Minecraft: Choobed

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

Been long awaiting to view part two. Interesting story, but as the above replier mentioned, I would've like to seen some more opinions from the older Minecraft community.

Nevertheless, excellent job! B)
Hm...

danfarkash

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:30 AM

There all kids because we have school on Fridays :p.

sNYYped
    sNYYped

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Minecraft: snyyped

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

I'm getting kinda sick of hearing about Minecon, I'm not gonna lie.

SuperZac
    SuperZac

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2522 posts
  • Minecraft: SuperZac

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:00 AM

I hope it's in Vegas again next year, would be amazing to go again.

I just realized you can see me at 0:52, exactly to the left of the back of the TV screen. Sadly the camera was panning so it is pretty blurry.

Bart_
    Bart_

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:36 AM

Wish i was able to come :D seems like alot of fun
rawr

Kolver88
  • Minecraft: DESTRUCTO88

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:38 AM

[quote name='sNYYped' timestamp='1323658501' post='11035648']
I'm getting kinda sick of hearing about Minecon, I'm not gonna lie.
[/quote]
I agree. Minecon happened, it was great. Now it's over. Quit milking it.

Tyndall
    Tyndall

Carpenter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Minecraft: Tyndall

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

Wow, they filmed it like a serious documentary and also act like Minecon happened "back, when". It was a month ago.

Lewwardington

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

Minecraft was a month ago get over it. It gets a bit boring coming on to this site to STILL see stuff about it.

Fiskarfred

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

The 5th.

epicAaron29
  • Minecraft: EpicAaron29

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

I kind of laugh when people say "Why so many kids? Kids are dumb". It makes me wonder what you do for a living. Seriously, Its a building game made of blocks, why WOULDN'T kids be playing? Most of teh people who are judgemental are teens themselves. Get over it, you were a kid once (probably still), and I am sure that didn't stop you from doing epic stuff.

And your a forty year old who gets worked up about new updates?

Sorry that was a reply to someone... the reply didn't work.

"Would be great to see some Minecon footage/reports from an adults perspective and not kids.

Not having a dig at this report, its all good - but everything I've seen in regard to minecon has been aimed for children. Something for the more mature/older person would be great  I hate children, annoying little creepers  Booooom! "

That was it.

CeruleanNutter

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:04 AM

Looking at the fanbase with point of view is amazing. It's akin to a talk show, but also holds the individual remembrances of people at minecon. Very good!

En2gizer7625

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:23 AM

#comment edited-