• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

arthahar
    arthahar

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

You can use unofficual version from Levy posted some posts above. It;s work fine with 1.4.6/1.4.7

Register or log in to remove.

drakray
    drakray

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Minecraft: drakray

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

View Postarthahar, on 07 January 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

You can use unofficual version from Levy posted some posts above. It;s work fine with 1.4.6/1.4.7
Indeed, work well, but this should be made a Forge CoreMod, and maybe with more option?, like strongholdFix, treeControl, lakeAndLavaLakeControl, oreDensity, and so on.
Since the built-in generator lack configurationOption, this could be the CoreMod we need to please us all! :D :)
I am from Québec, so be gentle with my english  ;)

arthahar
    arthahar

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Indeed. )

Keybounce

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

... and your reason for wanting it to be a core mod is ... ???

---

I'd much rather see this as a version independent forge mod that just invokes forge hooks.
What, forge doesn't have those hooks? Get thee to the forge forums and get someone who knows forge to hook it.
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

drakray
    drakray

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

As a CoreMod, it could modify any dimension, even modded one, as far as I know, but I could be, and probably am, wrong lol.
but then agin, even as a simple Mod, just being a Forge thing would make it more compatible, even if it is not really incompatible with anything for now. And Forge IS the future for now, or at least until the blessed day when Minecraft officially support mod, in a way that will probably look like Forge or Bukkit, i.e. standalone .zip in a mods folder, simpler to use, update and remove.

That being only my view on the thing, anything that work well with anything I have is fine with me. :)

Keybounce

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

To my knowledge, core mods give you the ability to modify java classes used by minecraft (bytecode patching). That's it.

Modifying any dimension ... well, you make the bad assumption that all dimensions want this type of change. Some dimensions might have their own idea of caves. Mystcraft might want to have control over how many times the reduced numbers of caves are carved (my personal goal here: 20% of normal per symbol, with an average of 3 and standard deviation of 1 for random ages symbol count; this would make the overworld a 5 symbol world, within reasonable limits. Then add instability if none. But that requires that the work done by this mod could be used on demand by other mods, not that this mod take over and assume it knows better than any other dimension mod for all other dimensions).
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

drakray
    drakray

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Thank for the specification over CoreMod. Posted Image

As for the dimension modification, I'm not only referring to Mystcraft, but to any dimension, like Nether/End, DivineRPG, but Mystcraft to in non-flat dimension, as this mod is all about user having control over their world, apart from "default decided by other" genType, just like Minecraft, designed by Notch&team to be a swiss cheese. lol
A good thing with Forge could be a global config file, with option to choose from global or worldSpecific parameter, and dimension control, like "you don't want me to modify anything other than dim-0, ok then I'll do just that", or an option directly at worldGen, in moreOption, aside "World Type" and "Generate Structure".

Again, this is all my thing, anybody is free to not be ok with this, I just think the purpose of this mod is to have control over thing, not just "accept everything as-is and deal with it" if it's not what the Player want. But that's just me. Posted Image

akorahil

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

any chance someone can update the server version ?

zatoichi

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

not sure if this is something new in the last version or always been like that, but anyone notice a lack of strongholds or did you manage to find them as usual? I have not found any in my frlc modded world, but I keep on seeing random stone bricks/mossy bricks/chiseled stone near mineshafts that would normally lead to a stronghold, but are connected to nothing but more solid stone. even used a map viewer to look around it and none of them lead to any structures.

is it possible this mod interferes with stronghold generation or just minecraft world gen being derpy? I don't remember ever seeing fine stone blocks just randomly placed like that in the world before 1.4.7. no dungeon or ruins mods installed either, all vanilla structures.

View PostWoaLG, on 20 September 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

No. I was mining and dug right into one. (It was dark and I didn't realize that what I was digging at was stronghold wall until the silverfish attacked.)

It also leaves abandoned mineshafts alone. Idk about dungeons though, I haven't found one yet, but that doesn't mean they're not out there.

yea dungeons and mineshafts are generating normally (or at least as mojang defines that) but I wonder about strongholds. need to generate more land or try an ender eye to be sure, but those random blocks are making no sense.
overzealous moderators incapable of thinking for themselves are more of a danger to any forum than anyone trying to abuse it.

darchangel89

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Are you sure about this?  I have it installed, but it isnt included in the mod list that forge puts in the game, and I cant find a config file for it anywhere. And my worlds still look like a bunch of angry creepers were set lose on them Posted Image

Mencken_Fan
  • Minecraft: Mencken_Fan

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

View Postdarchangel89, on 27 January 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Are you sure about this?  I have it installed, but it isnt included in the mod list that forge puts in the game, and I cant find a config file for it anywhere. And my worlds still look like a bunch of angry creepers were set lose on them Posted Image

It works fine... and here's how I do my mods:

In "My Documents" I create a folder e.g. "Minecraft Mods 1.4.7" and there place all the zip files for the mods I'm going to use. I then use MagicLoader to "retrieve" them for the game (by logging on to Minecraft through MagicLauncher.)

In the case of this mod (the new version posted a bit earlier here) I placed "FRLC_2.2_unofficial" in the aforementioned mod folder inside My Documents along with Forge (527), OptiFine_1.4.6_HD_D5, and a few other mods. If I want the pre-set config of 50 for caves and 10 for ravines I'm good to go right now but I prefer to change the default so I start a new world then promptly exit. After exiting MC I go to my .minecraft folder and inside the "saved games" I find the one I just exited from -- and in there lies the config file for this mod. I change the config then follow the instructions on page 1 of this thread (deleting a few files then returning to the game.) This must be done quickly because any in-game work you do (chopping, digging, etc.) will be lost in this process.

Hope this helps,

Tim in Cape Fear, North Carolina

darchangel89

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

It works fine... and here's how I do my mods:
Thanks, I will try this.  I use MC patcher, but it should still work the same, right?

arthahar
    arthahar

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

Yes. Base at affected .class files mod don't must conflict with other mods.

MinecraftStunter
  • Minecraft: BigYellowSnow

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Any news on a 1.5 support?

zobrux
    zobrux

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Apologies if this is poor form, but until this mod is updated, you can try Crazy Ravines and Caves. If you edit the config file (mod_CRACM.cfg in the config folder) and set the size multiplyers and length modifiers to 0, it eliminates caves instead of enlarging them. 1s seem to keep the vanilla defaults. You can change the generation frequency too (smaller numbers are more common, very small numbers cause lag or crashes). It has its own worldtype, so it won't mess with normal worlds.
ReiMonkey: enable radar and cave mapping in multiplayer!

Michi302
    Michi302

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 290 posts
  • Minecraft: Michi302

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

You can find an updated version here: http://www.minecraft...-less-caves-10/

Posted Image
If you would like to get a mod updated don't be shy - Just ask me ;)

5Ghost8Dragon3

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

What if I wanted to increase the size of ravines?  In terms of both height and possibly width?

Salaru
    Salaru

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Minecraft: Salaru

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Update pls?
Posted Image