Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.4][SSP/SMP] Fewer Ravines/Less Caves 2.2

caves ravines world generation 1.4.4

  • Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#1

raptor411
  • Location: Germany
  • Minecraft: rm_raptor

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

Description

With this mod you can change the frequency or size of the generated ravines and caves. In contrast to previous versions, you are now able to adjust the behavior of this mod. Therefor you only need to edit the config file, which will automatically be created in every world save folder (after you have loaded the world once). So now it is possible to prevent ANY generation of ravines and caves or even double their frequency or size.

Since I want to keep this mod as simple as possible, regarding the number of modded base files, I just added a config file and no GUI or anything like that.


Screenshots
Spoiler:


Instructions
Spoiler:


Installation
Spoiler:


Configuration
Spoiler:




Download

For 1.4.4

For 1.3.2

Incompatibilities

All mods that change the MapGenRavine.java and/or MapGenCaves.java.

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Tobben00
  • Location: Norway
  • Minecraft: Tobben00

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

is this a mod?
Posted Image

#3

ModMachine228

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

View PostTobben00, on 11 December 2011 - 03:11 PM, said:

is this a mod?

I think it would be a mod if he modified the minecraft.jar.
Great job on this, I personally like caves and ravines, but they can get annoying.
Posted Image

#4

hero_bash

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

Yea I actually hate the ravines and caves. It was supposed to be interesting with its novelty, but too much of them is annoying.

#5

alex11elite

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

what files in the sorce code does this edit? I wonna get rid of caves all together :)

#6

raptor411
  • Location: Germany
  • Minecraft: rm_raptor

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

View Postalex11elite, on 18 December 2011 - 06:59 PM, said:

what files in the sorce code does this edit? I wonna get rid of caves all together :)

MapGenRavine.java
MapGenCaves.java

You only have to change the recursiveGenerate() method in both files.

#7

alex11elite

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

thank you mate.

#8

alex11elite

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

oops, lol I didn't see the Incompatibilities part.

#9

destoryer1995

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

i wounder why this was so hard to find,it will do exactly what i wanted it to do but how can i get to MapGenRavine.java and MapGenCaves.java?

#10

StrykDem
    StrykDem

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 764 posts
  • Location: Toronto, Ontario
  • Minecraft: StrykDem

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

View Postdestoryer1995, on 04 January 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

i wounder why this was so hard to find,it will do exactly what i wanted it to do but how can i get to MapGenRavine.java and MapGenCaves.java?

You have to use a decompiler like MCP.

Great mod mate... Considering this to be a download of mine...
Spoiler:

#11

destoryer1995

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

View Postraptor411, on 19 December 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

MapGenRavine.java
MapGenCaves.java

You only have to change the method recursiveGenerate() in both files.

sorry, i'm no java progaramer so what do i need to change recursiveGenerate() to to stop caves from spawning?

#12

raptor411
  • Location: Germany
  • Minecraft: rm_raptor

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

View Postdestoryer1995, on 04 January 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

sorry, i'm no java progaramer so what do i need to change recursiveGenerate() to to stop caves from spawning?


the easiest way should be to delete the complete content of the method, s.t. it looks like that:

protected void recursiveGenerate(World world, int i, int j, int k, int l, byte abyte0[])
{
}


#13

Awesomebob74
  • Location: Silent Hill
  • Minecraft: Awesomebob74
  • Xbox:Aresea74

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

so.. mining will be something special again???


Posted Image

lol


#14

ryguy0808

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

OMG! just before i found this post i was complaining that minecraft has way too many ravines and caves!! what luck :D awesome mod dude :D thanks allot this is gonna make minecraft SSOOO much more fun :D i can now make my mines in peace. Oh you could possibly add different downloads with different percentages of how decreased the spawnrate of ravines and caves are. For eg put out downloads for 100% caves gone, 70%, 50% and 20% just incase people still like them a little or completly hate them.

#15

YoWazzup
    YoWazzup

    Nether Resident

  • Members
  • 2021 posts
  • Location: Heerhugowaard, The NETHERlands
  • Minecraft: DUDEiFAIL
  • Xbox:XxSeeYourMomxX

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostTobben00, on 11 December 2011 - 03:11 PM, said:

is this a mod?
Spoiler:
Yes it is
Posted Image
Made By: YoWazzup, me.

#16

funkaywizard

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

THANK you. I don't like ravines, it's like there's no point in digging ever again with them all over the place.

#17

raptor411
  • Location: Germany
  • Minecraft: rm_raptor

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

View Postryguy0808, on 04 January 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

OMG! just before i found this post i was complaining that minecraft has way too many ravines and caves!! what luck :D awesome mod dude :D thanks allot this is gonna make minecraft SSOOO much more fun :D i can now make my mines in peace. Oh you could possibly add different downloads with different percentages of how decreased the spawnrate of ravines and caves are. For eg put out downloads for 100% caves gone, 70%, 50% and 20% just incase people still like them a little or completly hate them.

eventually i will add some sort of configuration file!

#18

Naazuul
    Naazuul

    Newly Spawned

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

Not working with 1.1







Pretty Please. I Love This Mod.

#19

raptor411
  • Location: Germany
  • Minecraft: rm_raptor

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

Updated!

#20

Barnhardt1

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

I'd also love a 0% caves version. I hate caves.