• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Galactic Alphabet Translator!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

queenmachinegun

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:38 AM

[font="Tahoma"]It has come to my attention that people genuinely have no idea what they will enchant when they do so with an enchanting table.
I have created a png that when placed in a specific area, will translate the galactic aplhabet descriptions on enchatning. Here's what you have to do.
1) Download the .png I created: Download
2) run %appdata% and go to .minecraft, bin and open up the minecraft java file with win zip or something.
3) once your in there, go to fonts and then copy and paste the file you downloaded in there
4) Whoopidy Doopidy! It should work

NOTES:
AS OF YET THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH TEXTURE PACKS, JUST USE DEFAULT WHEN YOU WANT TO SEE TRANSLATIONS.

Register or log in to remove.

StarshadesJack
  • Minecraft: StarshadesJack

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

1) You can replace the alternate.png in /font/ with a copy of default.png (renamed, of course) to instantly replace all SGA instances with translated English equivalents.
[edit] I guess that's what your download is, but the point is that download is somewhat unnecessary.

2) It doesn't matter if the enchantments are legible or not. The names are meaningless.
Founder of and lead game developer at Team Mokyuu, doodler-artist, professional eccentric weirdo!
I am also on the YouTubes! Click banner to go to my channel? :)
Posted Image

not_a_zombie
  • Minecraft: not_a_zombie

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

That won't help at all, because enchantments are only calculated AFTER you decide which one.  The characters are just to look cool.

And I'm pretty sure the wiki says that you can just replace a .png file and get the english.
Why aren't micro ATX cases called μATX?

Beven
    Beven

Carpenter

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

But does it translate sheep in-game?

:Sheep:

Duncanownz2
  • Minecraft: duncanownz2

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

tynx! for this i needed it

meurigjenkins
  • Minecraft: meurigjenkins

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

They will be just translated as random sequences of words such as "scrolls" "embiggened" and other various words.

PapaSmurf
  • Minecraft: TheRickMurphy

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

You do know that the Standard Galactic Alphabet was not something created by Mojang, right? It's from a series of video games. There's a wikipedia page which lists what letters the symbols represent. Just search "Commander Keen" or "Standard Galactic Alphabet" on google.

vincentdb82
  • Minecraft: vincentdb82

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostPapaSmurf, on 16 December 2011 - 09:30 PM, said:

You do know that the Standard Galactic Alphabet was not something created by Mojang, right? It's from a series of video games. There's a wikipedia page which lists what letters the symbols represent. Just search "Commander Keen" or "Standard Galactic Alphabet" on google.
Yup, I remember playing Commander Keen, on old fashioned Windows when I was younger. I think its a very cool nod to an old game franchise, and makes my inner geek smile.
Sapper!

Yuni
    Yuni

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • Minecraft: Teraku

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

Seriously, translating it is useless. The words are meaningless. MEANING. LESS.
If it's tainted, blow it up. If taint persists, blow it up again.

TheInspector
  • Minecraft: TheInspector

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

It is not necessarily meaningless, as the translations are unique to that world. That means if you can figure out what they mean, I.E. "embiggened quick" = Fire Aspect, then you can actually know what enchantment you are going to get. This takes plenty of trial and error, but in the long run removes almost all frustration from enchanting (almost because the levels are still random).
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink to someone else.

Yuni
    Yuni

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • Minecraft: Teraku

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostTheInspector, on 02 January 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

It is not necessarily meaningless, as the translations are unique to that world. That means if you can figure out what they mean, I.E. "embiggened quick" = Fire Aspect, then you can actually know what enchantment you are going to get. This takes plenty of trial and error, but in the long run removes almost all frustration from enchanting (almost because the levels are still random).

What part of "Random" do you not understand? "UNDEAD FLOATING HUMANOID HEAD" on Level 50 can sometimes give Silk Touch I and Fortune III, and sometimes it might just give Efficiency I. It's RANDOM.
If it's tainted, blow it up. If taint persists, blow it up again.

Jaylebyrd
  • Minecraft: Aerea

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

The text made me lol
Posted Image
Posted Image
Jaylebyrd

firelife56

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

I can't read Any of this hahaha

A Blind Moron
  • Location: "hurp de durr, behind u. im so clever nd original!!1!"

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:13 AM

Is there any way to switch the Galactic Alphabet characters into random Russian letters?

Because it would still make the same level of sense.

Thread will be locked and deleted in: Posted Image

StarshadesJack
  • Minecraft: StarshadesJack

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:37 AM

View PostA Blind Moron, on 04 January 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

Is there any way to switch the Galactic Alphabet characters into random Russian letters?

Because it would still make the same level of sense.

Yes, just replace each instance of each SGA letter in the alternate.png with a Russian letter of your choosing :P
Founder of and lead game developer at Team Mokyuu, doodler-artist, professional eccentric weirdo!
I am also on the YouTubes! Click banner to go to my channel? :)
Posted Image

cxmaster
    cxmaster

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • Minecraft: AwedEven
  • Xbox:CxMaster

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

I have 999 levels of experience, so I might just try this
Posted Image
Did help you or show you something cool. Click that green + and help me.

rickput7
    rickput7

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1896 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

You didn't "create" anything... Pointless topic is pointless.
OG Member of BrenyBeast's private BeastCraft Server :)
Posted Image

bleedingactionman

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

View Postnot_a_zombie, on 11 December 2011 - 12:35 PM, said:

That won't help at all, because enchantments are only calculated AFTER you decide which one.  The characters are just to look cool.
That's only on multiplayer. You can still calculate them in singleplayer with a mod.
And yes, the letters are random.

vincentdb82
  • Minecraft: vincentdb82

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:41 AM

Oort Klaatu Berada Niktu... Lol. A bit of trivia for those who don't know This phrase appeared in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" as "Gort, Klaatu Berada Niktu".  In the original TRON as Oort, Klaatu Berada Niktu and in "Army of Darkness" as just the "Klaatu Berada Niktu".
End of line.
Sapper!

Arck
    Arck

Carpenter

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:50 AM

View Postqueenmachinegun, on 11 December 2011 - 11:38 AM, said:

[font="Tahoma"]It has come to my attention that people genuinely have no idea what they will enchant when they do so with an enchanting table.
I have created a png that when placed in a specific area, will translate the galactic aplhabet descriptions on enchatning. Here's what you have to do.
1) Download the .png I created: Download
2) run %appdata% and go to .minecraft, bin and open up the minecraft java file with win zip or something.
3) once your in there, go to fonts and then copy and paste the file you downloaded in there
4) Whoopidy Doopidy! It should work

NOTES:
AS OF YET THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH TEXTURE PACKS, JUST USE DEFAULT WHEN YOU WANT TO SEE TRANSLATIONS.

Personally, I applaud the effort. Though it is, in fact, redundant, I'm glad to see that you're making the effort. I hope that this experience prompts you to delve further into developing things for the MC community.
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Tyler Durden