• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Nyrene
    Nyrene

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

Hi Everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I just had a couple questions about setting up a Minecraft LAN party. First of all, would it be possible for everyone to connect to the server with ethernet cables and offline mode turned off? In this case, would using /localhost or /98.(etc) IP addresses to log on work? People would have internet access for logging into their accounts but the server itself wouldn't be connected to the internet.
And secondly, because everyone'll be on the same network they'll have the same IP addresses or really similar ones--would that cause problems for logging onto the server?

I probably haven't expressed my questions very well, thank you for your patience

Register or log in to remove.

Syfaro
    Syfaro

Retired Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 5209 posts
  • Minecraft: Syfaro

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

If they're all on the same network, they'll all have different internal ip addresses.

There will be no problems, everything you've said should work.

Minecraft API - A JSON API for fetching information about Minecraft & Minecraft servers

Read my blog about tech stuff!

misterb98

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

It will work as long as the server is configured to listen on its LAN ip. It might also be a good idea to configure your router to give the server a static ip, provided you have a router.

Bakugo
    Bakugo

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1686 posts
  • Minecraft: bakugo

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

You need to enable offline-mode to get it working on a LAN.

Posted Image

maxwell3000
  • Minecraft: maxwell3000

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

How do you join a friend LAN server?